The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 13, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

SOL that felt like a win because of winning the turd. That was a good effort. Lots to like about the squad last night. No words for the Myers hit, just a giant grin this morning knowing Keith finally got his karma paid. Demko was stellar Bo was on his game. Garland was gritty and pesky. OEL showing he is still an elite defenseman that we stole for dead money and a top pick for. Start the car with that robbery of a trade! Only thinks I didn’t like was how off Miller was and Petey was a bit rusty but that was understandable by not having a full training camp. We are exactly where we want to be boys and gals, in a playoff spot! Good game and onto Philly!

9694DBDE-113E-406E-886E-9F5810EE88CE.jpeg

Edited by EP Phone Home

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I think I saw a different Podz last night as some.

I thought his first game in the show was solid. Really like what he brings to the line up.

OEL, Poolman, Garland and Chiasson also stood out for me. I think OEL has to watch exactly what he got called for, new look at crosschecking. OEL plays a little cheeky, we need to stay out of the box. 

Also was reminded of QH hockey IQ and skills, what a jem.

I think there was only one poster that had any negative view of  Podz, from what I read so far everyone liked Podz and his line's game.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

SOL that felt like a win because of winning the turd. That was a good effort. Lots to like about the squad last night. No words for the Myers hit, just a giant grin this morning knowing Keith finally got his karma paid. Demko was stellar Bo was on his game. Garland was gritty and pesky. OEL showing he is still an elite defenseman that we stole for dead money and a top pick for. Start the car with that robbery of a trade! Only thinks I didn’t like was how off Miller was and Petey was a bit rusty but that was understandable by not having a full training camp. We are exactly where we want to be boys and gals, in a playoff spot! Good game and onto Philly!

That trade was sooo good

if OEL continues to play like Preseason and 1st game OEL, that alone is worth a first round pick (esp as Arizona retained money)

We then traded Roussel, Beagle, Player Name for Garland

LOL 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I thought his first game in the show was solid. Really like what he brings to the line up.

OEL, Poolman, Garland and Chiasson also stood out for me. I think OEL has to watch exactly what he got called for, new look at crosschecking. OEL plays a little cheeky, we need to stay out of the box. 

Podz did play well. I need to check the shift chart from last night, but I thought Green handled his 1st game well. You don't want to overwhelm him vs. McDavid on his first night and he played well and was noticeable, and didn't make any big errors.

Haven;t seen speed and puck movement this good by the entire team in a long time.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I truly think we have one of the deepest top 9s in the league.

Our full team with Hammer is a cup contending team I think. Defintiely good enough to get into 2nd or 3rd round playoffs.

This road trip will be interesting. They should be able to come out of this with 3-4 wins if they play hard.

Yes and just think that Boeser was out and Miller did not play good tonight. The Canucks controlled most the game and that with the Edmonton overplaying McBaby and Draisaitl.

Just now, Stoyoma said:

McDavid got away with a blatant elbow on OEL in the first too.  Definitely a different set of rules for the superstar, must be nice.

you need to check the Edmonton boards, they are under the impression McBaby is the constant victim.

3 minutes ago, Stoyoma said:

McDavid got away with a blatant elbow on OEL in the first too.  Definitely a different set of rules for the superstar, must be nice.

That elbow to Quinn's head was nasty and put him in a very vulnerable position as well.

Media would have been all over it had someone elbowed McDavid in the head and sent him flying into the net but when it is McDavid taking the cheap shot they ignore and tell us about his grandmother.

Who knew he had a grandmother, maybe even two.

Edited by DrJockitch

28 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I'm thinking that they will closely watch him over the next few games and make a decision on whether he is progressing enough to warrant staying on the big club or better served playing big minutes in Abby and refining his game there there.

In all fairness; this kid should be playing more than 7 minutes a game. If Green does not up his ice time over the road trip then maybe Abby for a short duration might be an option.

I agree. I have nothing at all against Podkolzin, he's a very exciting prospect and will be very good one day. They got to be careful, though, not to Jake Virtanen him (throwing him to the wolves too soon). Could ruin his confidence.

I kind of like the idea of Podkolzin and Klimovich playing and developing together in Abby. Then when injuries hit down the stretch, callup Podz and he could be a difference maker with the opportunity. Good timing heading into the playoffs. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

OEL looks awesome. Finally a defenceman that understands how to be dangerous on the point and what kind of shots to take. That Garland sure is a tricky good skater offensive player. Pearson, Dowling, and Hoglander played very strong games. We also were night and day better in our own end. Getting the puck out quickly, a concept last year's dumb dumbs couldn't quite understand.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

One game and some here are dumping on some of the players and coaches.

Could be 1st game jitters, maybe hold off your opinions until they have played at least 10 games - MnKay?!?

Keeping our opinions to ourselves for 10 games?  :frantic:  Not gonna happen 'round here ::D

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, cdgraham said:

We were trailing for the whole game. So send out the rookie? Also had 5 powerplays. The only thing not making sense is you.  What are you even going on about lmao just chill people like you are such a problem. 

Ya it definitely doesn’t make sense when you are trailing in a game or on the PP to put out a creative offensive player just because he is a rookie.

People that don’t understand that the coach putting plugs out because they are (supposedly) safe is one reason this team constantly underachieves.

• RoughGame 1

25 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Don't know if Hughes is getting enough credit. He did really well in the hard match against McDavid. They had the one 5 on 5 goal but Hughes was on McDavid & the forwards just blew it, not his fault. Great game for him.

And I agree on Podz. Its harder to balance minutes playing against McDavid, hopefully he gets more opportunities in the upcoming games.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1