The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers | Friday, October 15th, 2021 @ 4:00pm PDT | Sportsnet One, SN650

Rate this topic

goalie13

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

We all knew AV was a good coach, he just was a hair shy of being a Stanley Cup winning coach because in a playoff series he refuses to change tactics and when you face other coaches who are elite at adjusting, it's easy to start losing games. 

Still a better coach than Torts, Willie Desjardins, or Green imo. 

1 minute ago, Petey40 said:

If Canucks forwards score tonight that’s a win for me.. that’s how low my bar has gotten.

Same here. - and I predicted Nux with 6 goals.  Time for me to sing the Siamese national anthem I think .....

"Oh wha ta na Siam"

1 minute ago, stawns said:

What system is that, exactly?

The system that consistently has them outshot, out possessed, out chanced, has them on their heels defensively non stop, and has them appear as if there’s no real motive to any Canucks attack. The system that has the most static PP known to the NHL, the system that has the PK not ever pressure the puck carrier giving players even more time and space and based upon formation relies on the goaltender to make constant point blank saves. The system that consistently under this coach has the team completely and utterly unready to play and compete at the start of games. Oh right, your next excuse is “it’s all on the players, surely the coach doing his job cannot elevate them and help make the hockey they produce better” cause you know, for you, coaches are just mouthpieces and contribute nothing. 

Oh do keep in mind all of this has been true for Greens entire tenure here despite massive roster turnover from his earlier seasons.

But do go on being completely obtuse about it and constantly repeating “haha what system is that!1????1!!1!” 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

They don't every possession. I'd say most teams are 70/30 dump and chase to possession entry.  The Canucks ate about the same.  Show me a team that flips that ratio and I'll show a team leading the league in turnovers and odd man rushes given up

As deniro said the problem is they're not retrieving the way they need to.

Exactly cause their dump and chase isn’t working and they keep doing it

they are so far away when the puck is dumped 

and nobody is ever infront of the net

Just now, SergioMomesso said:

The guys did just fly across the continent after a hard fought game in Edmonton to an arena they haven’t played in in almost 2 years. Let’s give em a mulligan. 

Excuses starting early.

Newsflash. The NHL is hard.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It's game two and we're already trading Miller and throwing in the towel on the season.

Never change CDC.

No wait, consider changing a touch. 

I will say the slow start is due to Green playing our AHL team in NHL preseason just to pick like 2 or 3 players for our NHL roster.

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

Maybe this is one where schenn should have been dressed? They are really playing us tough on the boards in the d zone 

I think it’s more important to be mobile on D when the forwards aren’t skating to be honest.

Schenn would have brought toughness but compounded the problem of not moving the puck fast enough.

Edited by DeNiro