The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Predict The Score Contest: VAN @ DET Oct 16 2021 at 4:00 PDT

Rate this topic

goalie13

1 hour ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Might be a dumb question, but in regards to shootouts, if you predict there’s no GWG player do you get points for getting it right? Or is it a situation where no one can get points on that question if it goes to a shootout?

It's the latter of the two, but it's an interesting idea.  Until now I have just gone with nobody gets points for the GWG in the event of a shootout, and I do that because the NHL doesn't give credit to any specific player for the GWG.  I figured it was the fair way to do it.  And it is simpler for me that way.  Besides, not many games go to the shootout  (apparently 8%).

In theory, I could make it an option to either declare the GWG scorer, or declare that it will go to a shootout.  The one pitfall I can see with your idea is that in each thread, several people fail to declare who will score the GWG.  So if it goes to a shootout, would they want the point for not predicting a GWG?

I am always open to making this game even better.  I'll give it some thought.  Thanks for the suggestion.

7 hours ago, goalie13 said:

It's the latter of the two, but it's an interesting idea.  Until now I have just gone with nobody gets points for the GWG in the event of a shootout, and I do that because the NHL doesn't give credit to any specific player for the GWG.  I figured it was the fair way to do it.  And it is simpler for me that way.  Besides, not many games go to the shootout  (apparently 8%).

In theory, I could make it an option to either declare the GWG scorer, or declare that it will go to a shootout.  The one pitfall I can see with your idea is that in each thread, several people fail to declare who will score the GWG.  So if it goes to a shootout, would they want the point for not predicting a GWG?

I am always open to making this game even better.  I'll give it some thought.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Sorry, wasn’t meaning to criticize, just clarify.

5-2 Canucks

Horvat GWG

• Like 1