The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Oct. 15, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

23 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

This roster is absolutely built to rack up the score. Trying to defend a 2 goal lead instead of stomping on their throat isn’t going to be a good idea with this team.

Yeah, the prevent tactic of protecting a lead has not work out well.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

oh wow, yes sir. you really told me what to do.

you think insults can bring my confidence down.

Go Away Power GIF

I'm just kidding with ya', I really have no intention to keep doing this.  I've been trying to disengage in this silly 'argument' for seventeen posts now.  I should have scrolled by.  Carry on!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BarefootBob said:

I'm just kidding with ya', I really have no intention to keep doing this.  I've been trying to disengage in this silly 'argument' for seventeen posts now.  I should have scrolled by.  Carry on!

then i suggest you take your own advice, your getting cranky

32 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Was there not a point in the 2nd period where Podz, Dowling and I think Lammiko got hemmed in the Canucks zone for an extended period of Flyers pressure right before Miller scored, and that was Podz last shift ? 

Not sure if that was the last shift ?

If true, a few more shifts would probably had been best to get his confidence up for the next game rather than stewing on some mistake - nothing new.

Interesting to see how he plays next game after the demotion and benching.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

This roster is absolutely built to rack up the score. Trying to defend a 2 goal lead instead of stomping on their throat isn’t going to be a good idea with this team.

This is just stupid. We get a weak slash call on OEL to go 6 on 4 and they score..no Surprise. Then grab momentum and get a 6-5 with an open net. Then Canucks dominant in OT and SO.

So IF….Pearson gets his open net or refs correct their FU and negate the penalty……Canucks win by two.

Im loving the play so far; looking fwd to Boeser and Hamonic being back. Combine that with EP and QH coming into shape…..

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

I've liked how the team has played for I'd say 90% of both games, I felt the EDM game they played well and finally got puck luck in the 3rd this game had a slow start but felt like we would have won in regulation had the refs not blown one of the OEL or Icing calls, OEL is looking pretty close to his old self which is huge Demko is looking strong Both Pettey and Hughes are off too a good start despite missing training camp, Garland is as good as advertised, same with Dickinson, Miller despite having an okay game in EDM, I felt had a really good one tonight, Pods is Getting the Horvat treatment but has looked good for the most part in both games scoring tonight for him will only grow confidence in himself, Poolman has been also a pleasant surprise, and in all honesty I think this team will only get better as the chemistry and confidence grow, I don't think we could have a better start to the season if we can go into Buffalo and Detroit and get 3/4 points the road trip will be a win 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

52 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

and how are you going to ensure that? two of the best coaches in the world and one of them got this magical skill that the other guy doesn't? this is the NHL not peewee.

if you all think green is a terrible coach then why would we want him to give a timeout anyways, because we would always lose the advantage.

seriously these are not little boys these are professionals, I guarntee miller doesnt want or need a timeout nor does bo, they know what to do.

honestly coming up with a set play on the fly is more likely to backfire then succeed, and thinking that one coach is going to out coach the opponent in 30 seconds is kinda funny.

seriously what is the coach gonna tell the players? "alright boys just calm down, take a moment. we are going to continue with the gameplan, make smart plays and defend hard. don't chase the puck and stay in position."

these players don't need to hear that

So why do teams even have a timeout to use if they are useless?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Yup.   
If he is playing good, keep playing him.  
If he is sucking it up out there make him watch for sure, but let the kid gain some confidence when he earns it. 

Maybe TG is trying to get the kid chomping at the bit to get on the ice so that he can finally #freePodz. 

I do think confidence is a key factor for younger players so if they have success in limited time, they'll want to get on the ice more and try harder to produce when they get ice time whole having the confidence to do what they want 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

This is just stupid. We get a weak slash call on OEL to go 6 on 4 and they score..no Surprise. Then grab momentum and get a 6-5 with an open net. Then Canucks dominant in OT and SO.

So IF….Pearson gets his open net or refs correct their FU and negate the penalty……Canucks win by two.

Im loving the play so far; looking fwd to Boeser and Hamonic being back. Combine that with EP and QH coming into shape…..

I like the play of most guys so far. The coaching not so much. 

I don’t blame the refs too much for that penalty call. It absolutely looked like the stick hit him. Easy to watch the replay and whine about it but in real time probably any ref in any league would call that. His stick was head level.

Put someone who can hit the net out when it’s empty. Problem solved.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Maybe TG is trying to get the kid chomping at the bit to get on the ice so that he can finally #freePodz. 

I do think confidence is a key factor for younger players so if they have success in limited time, they'll want to get on the ice more and try harder to produce when they get ice time whole having the confidence to do what they want 

The optics to a player when they get benched in the third after scoring a goal or playing a good game in their limited minutes probably has more of a negative effect than a motivating one. The message is that the coach does not trust the player. We have seen tons of players confidence crushed by Vancouver coaches unfortunately.

1 hour ago, BarefootBob said:

I think he, and a lot of the players, really hated not playing for actual fans this past year.  Don't think you can underestimate that.  Not a lot of fun, and not a lot of point to it really. 

Especially when your every obscenity can be heard in 100,000 homes across the province  !!!

• Haha 4

Good game.

Canucks were really bad in the first period...or Philly was just on fire.

Canucks were very competitive for the last two periods. Horvat was strong as usual. Pearson was good even though peeps on here like to hate on him. He works well with Horvat. Hopefully Garland will continue to learn how Horvat and Pearson play and get better and better.

Hoglander is a beast with no quit. OEL is very good. Demko was a god.

Can't wait until tomorrow. Especially with Larkin out lol.

33 minutes ago, RWJC said:

You said earlier that you’re passive aggressive and get emotional and lose your chill or something of the sort. I’ve seen your posts…a lot of times you make a strong case for your argument/opinion and I wholly agree with you.

Other times you come across as a self-assured omnipotent-acting ahole who isn’t accepting of other’s opinions if they differ from your own. You’re a spaz.

You assume I have no sport background.

To indulge you, I have played competitive soccer and rugby, travelled internationally for both in competitions/tourneys and also represented Canada as a select in my age group for rugby. After that, I had a 10 year career as both an amateur and professional kickboxer that dabbled in MMA for 3.5 years.

Since then, I’ve played in competitive men’s league ice hockey, baseball and martial arts tourneys.

Don’t assume you know everything or more than someone else. 
And also try to show some humility and understand that you can have your own opinion of something without taking it personally when someone has one that’s different than yours. 

You can opine wherever you want about timeouts. The point is it still exists in the game for particular reasons, some of which I mentioned. If it didn’t serve its purpose it would’ve been removed from the NHL game, from all sport, already.

hahahahahaha your the one that accuse me of not having any sports history.  keep being you you silly man

7 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I like the play of most guys so far. The coaching not so much. 

I don’t blame the refs too much for that penalty call. It absolutely looked like the stick hit him. Easy to watch the replay and whine about it but in real time probably any ref in any league would call that. His stick was head level.

Put someone who can hit the net out when it’s empty. Problem solved.

We need Loui for the empty netters.

I agree, at game speed, the high stick was a tough call. What's ridiculous though is they realized after it wasn't a high stick and changed the call to slashing. Who calls a slashing penalty on a play like that? 

And then even worse was the icing call. What were the linesmen doing? We clearly won the race. 

At the end of the day, our guys needed to bear down and finish it. Didn't like how we crumbled in 3 minutes and let in 2 goals but loved that we dominated OT and shootout

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Like 1