The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 16th, 2021 | SNP, 4:00PM PT

Rate this topic

Roberts

21 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Going to treat Dad to some Westernized Chinese food....Bamboo Express, here I come.  Eleven bucks for the meal special for one and he loves it.   That'll get me back home in time for the game (he sometimes likes to switch the channel if an old war/western movie is on...so I can't risk it/watch at his place!).

Lions are also on at 4:00 (just not right) so we have something to watch during intermission.

Countdown's on!  What a great Saturday it is!  Back later y'all.....GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!

giphy.gif

Just don't order your food from any joints on E. Hastings !

dog ate fortune cookie,welcome to buy,www.wgi.ooo

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

I brought up Poolman because ppl said he's not good enough to be top 4 but paid too much to be 5D.

Where would Edler fit? 

4D or 5D? Is he an upgrade over Poolman because that's who he would be compared to but makes 1m more. 

People that don't think bottom pairing D's on good teams, can't be paid more then Poolman are nuts.    Poolman isn't paid "too much" in either case.  Teams have 6 starter D's.   Good teams spend on defense, and hope to have a couple cheapies either on ELC's and or an underpaid vet.    In no world is 2.5 too much for a 5thD.     We had defense by committee back in the Sedins peak years... Ballard at 4.5...our "7th D" was making the same cap percentage Myers is now.    Sure the "top four" gobbles up most of the D cap.   But there is nothing wrong with Poolman as a 6th D at 2.5. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Going to treat Dad to some Westernized Chinese food....Bamboo Express, here I come.  Eleven bucks for the meal special for one and he loves it.   That'll get me back home in time for the game (he sometimes likes to switch the channel if an old war/western movie is on...so I can't risk it/watch at his place!).

Lions are also on at 4:00 (just not right) so we have something to watch during intermission.

Countdown's on!  What a great Saturday it is!  Back later y'all.....GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!

giphy.gif

Deb do we have the same Dad?

46 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

My hot take.   The Moscow Mule sucks.  It’s demeaning 

Podzilla is pretty good. Orcas travel and hunt in a pod and that’s our logo.

Plus, he’s a beast that was submerged under water in the Russian system. Lurking. Waiting. Gestating deep down within the nuclear juice embryo of the aftermath of Chernobyl.
Now he has been summoned, awoken, dutifully exacting a devastating attack on North America(n hockey) via the rugged west coast.

A secret military experiment gone wrong who’s blood is thicker and slicker than Oil, Jet fuel for saliva, breathing fire that burns brighter, longer, hotter than any Flame…

Reigns true over all mankind, and neither wily, silver haired Kings or Knights in bright shining, golden armour can topple… 

Repels any attack like it’s water off a Ducks back…

Can bludgeon a Shark until the light fades from its eyes…

A monster kaiju that can rip the head off a Kraken in one bite…

A destructive creature, hell bent on radiating vengeance across the Pacific…

He is legend.

He is…

Podzilla.

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm very excited for tonight's games, I missed the first two games because of work so this is my first time watching them this year and then at 7:00 it's the first game for Abbotsford Canucks on AHLtv, non stop Canucks for 6 hours!

Edited by mikkim

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Podzilla is pretty good. Orcas travel and hunt in a pod and that’s our logo.

Plus, he’s a beast that was submerged under water in the Russian system. Lurking. Waiting. Gestating deep down within the nuclear juice embryo of the aftermath of Chernobyl.
Now he has been summoned, awoken, dutifully exacting a devastating attack on North America(n hockey) via the rugged west coast.

A secret military experiment gone wrong who’s blood is thicker and sicker than Oil, Jet fuel for saliva, breathing fire that burns brighter, longer, hotter than any Flame…

Reigns true over all mankind, and neither wily, silver haired Kings or Knights in bright shining, golden armour can topple… 

Repels any attack like it’s water off a Ducks back…

Can bludgeon a Shark until the light fades from its eyes…

A monster kaiju that can rip the head off a Kraken in one bite…

A destructive creature, hell bent on radiating vengeance across the Pacific…

He is legend.

He is…

Podzilla.

Haha! You've sold me!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

People that don't think bottom pairing D's on good teams, can't be paid more then Poolman are nuts.    Poolman isn't paid "too much" in either case.  Teams have 6 starter D's.   Good teams spend on defense, and hope to have a couple cheapies either on ELC's and or an underpaid vet.    In no world is 2.5 too much for a 5thD.     We had defense by committee back in the Sedins peak years... Ballard at 4.5...our "7th D" was making the same cap percentage Myers is now.    Sure the "top four" gobbles up most of the D cap.   But there is nothing wrong with Poolman as a 6th D at 2.5. 

I see so you see Edler as a Hamonic replacement. 

Same Salary as Hammer and Hammer was expected to be 4D.

Is Hamonic even coming back this year? If so, I don't see a need for Edler but if not yeah there might be case for Edler.  I don't know what a Hughes Edler pairing would look like especially as Elder's footspeed has slown down and his poor play seems to be magnified when his ice time goes up. Canucks are riding Hughes hard on 2nd pairing.. I dunno if Edler can keep up at this stage of his career. 

35 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

I see Jonathan Dahlen inked in on the first line for the Sharks

So, how much would this forum explode if he gets on fire in California and say he wins the Calder?

I mean, it would be a kick in the balls, but considering how he acted on his way out, to hell with him. 

12 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I mean, it would be a kick in the balls, but considering how he acted on his way out, to hell with him. 

An attitude would not be an excuse if it turns out that JB got fleeced in the trade. The trade is still tbd though. 

REFEREES

Brian Pochmara #16
BP16.jpg
Mitch Dunning #43
MD43.jpg
Games ’20-21 52 25
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 63 / 9 13 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 950 / 48 38 / 0
First NHL Game 12/23/05 3/28/19
Birthplace Detroit, MI Tecumseh, ON

LINESMEN

Scott Cherrey #50
SC50.jpg
James Tobias #61
JT61.jpg
Games ’20-21 51 53
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 62 / 19 66 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 941 / 107 177 / 0
First NHL Game 10/6/07 11/22/17
Birthplace Drayton, ON Buffalo, NY

27 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I'm planning on having some Chinese food for game day though I won't be able to catch the game with it being my brother's birthday. Let's go, boys! Get another W for me tonight. GCG!

Why not get Chinese food and watch the game with your brother. Eh. Solutions!