The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 16th, 2021 | SNP, 4:00PM PT

Rate this topic

Roberts

10 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Edler as a 3.5 third parking PK muncher right now would have served us well given the Hamonic situation.   Agree he didn't earn his 6 last season, but wouldn't doubt he earns it this year in LA.  

Are you sure? 

Ppl are up in arms about Poolman at  2.5 lol

Just now, CanucksJay said:

Are you sure? 

Ppl are up in arms about Poolman at  2.5 lol

Not sure what Poolman has to do with anything ... but yes i suppose given the ridiculously long thread which i mostly ignored because - why not wait and see first, that bringing Edler back would have made a lot of folks mad because he'd be blocking OJ and Rathbone.   Oh wait, the only guy that could PK decently is gone.   Good luck Boner, your going to need it when OEL is in the box! 

2 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

1D1C6A5D-C0BC-4DC7-A5A9-427E08132895.jpeg

Ok worst pizza on the planet.  Cheap!  Absolutely.   But i've ate better pizza scraped out the next day from the box (you all know what I'm talking about - has a little cardboard plus yummy cheese and toppings from a good source of pizza).  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

I feel like this commentator's trying to put us all to sleep.  

Takes away from any "energy" on the ice....I picture him in a robe in a dimly lit room in his easy chair, smoking a pipe and reading the newspaper.  A little casual and relaxed.

Agreed, but he came out with one priceless quote:

" I love Phil Kessel, he's everything a modern day athlete isn't"

• Haha 1

They should be able to roll over both Red Wings and Sabres, but one of our previous failings was to not go for the jugular against lesser teams, they seemed to reserve all their best efforts for better teams.

I will be hoping that this version of the Canucks will give it 100% against every team they play, regardless of any perception about whether they will be easy or hard to beat.

43 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Edler as a 3.5 third parking PK muncher right now would have served us well given the Hamonic situation.   Agree he didn't earn his 6 last season, but wouldn't doubt he earns it this year in LA.  

So, Edler as a RD? I don't think he's played over there since Christian (Buffalo is my best chance to win a Cup) Ehrhoff was with the team.

regards,  G.

34 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Not sure what Poolman has to do with anything ... but yes i suppose given the ridiculously long thread which i mostly ignored because - why not wait and see first, that bringing Edler back would have made a lot of folks mad because he'd be blocking OJ and Rathbone.   Oh wait, the only guy that could PK decently is gone.   Good luck Boner, your going to need it when OEL is in the box! 

I brought up Poolman because ppl said he's not good enough to be top 4 but paid too much to be 5D.

Where would Edler fit? 

4D or 5D? Is he an upgrade over Poolman because that's who he would be compared to but makes 1m more.