The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 16, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I'm a little bit concerned that when the game got feisty, Elias disappeared and started patting the opposition on the back between whistles.  

Meanwhile you have Garland trying to drag his team into the fight alone.  

We outplayed Detroit big time and I'm sure it will happen a few more times where the opposing goalie steals the game. I'm okay with the loss in that sense. 

Just now, Dazzle said:

I don't understand the hate for Dowling. He's actually pretty good.

He has 4 goals in his entire career at 31 years of age, how is that pretty good?  

I don't hate Dowling, but I sure hate him when he's put in a PP role, that's on Travis Green and his baboons.

Edited by Sanford
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Rotten Ronnie suggesting that the league investigating a clean hit is worth investigating sums it all up.  That subhuman piece of trash needs to be removed from the air if he won't keep defending refs who are criminally negligent with their disregard for the integrity of the sport.

Did he really say that? 

I switched over to the Detroit feed halfway through, much more enjoyable then Hirsch. Skipping Ron McLean was a nice bonus too. 

Again Green doesn't use his bench. Why not give Petan a shot here? Then perhaps 1 of the spare D. He's just so afraid to tweak a damned thing.

Then he'll overplay some guys, exacerbating the bxb issue. He's not bold or creative with his roster. Guy just coaches afraid of losing.

When real injuries add up, a coach like this just makes every mtn a Matterhorn.

The weak link for this team remains TG.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 250Integra said:

The issue is I’m pretty sure both of Greiss’ skates were in the blue paint too. Just unfortunate that Hogs brushed him on the way through.

This is exactly it. Greiss was in his crease, and even though Hog didn't go in the crease, there was contact. And it's up to the player to avoid the goalie while they are in their crease.

1 minute ago, 250Integra said:

The issue is I’m pretty sure both of Greiss’ skates were in the blue paint too. Just unfortunate that Hogs brushed him on the way through.

It ticks me off though.  Sometimes they let traffic right IN TO the crease and that's a penalty?  Wind in his hair?

Brushed is right....but if that's the standard, they miss a whole lot of GI calls.  Inconsistent as usual.

• Upvote 1

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Did he really say that? 

I switched over to the Detroit feed halfway through, much more enjoyable then Hirsch. Skipping Ron McLean was a nice bonus too. 

He said he doesn't think the league will, but the fact he's even suggesting it as a possibility is grounds for dismissal after his history with this team.