The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 16, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, allegend said:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but the Canucks only had 5 hits! 

OEL was credited with 2 of them.

I guess the 15 year old keeping stats in Detroit was playing on their phone instead of watching the game.  We dominated physically, and it wasn’t even close.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, allegend said:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but the Canucks only had 5 hits! 

OEL was credited with 2 of them.

That's BS....I think Hirsch even mentioned it early on.  We had way more hits...whoever was counting had their mask on their eyes.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

How many times have we heard Green say in his tenure we probably deserved a point or two? Means nothing. Hollow.

I can’t wrap my head around why people care about interview cliches 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Bone is pretty good, isn’t he?  That kid can play, and he’s only going to get even better.  We just might have the best left side D in the league!!!  Holy sh*t!  We are a really good team again!  

Exactly , we just added 4 new offensive weapons of mass destruction this year in Garland OEL, PODz, and Rathbone. add Hughes Petey, Hogs, Brock and Demko not in their prime, yet now and  the future looks very good.

very entertaining!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

- Fun team!  Fun game both teams, but mostly nux!  Well the first two periods were boring as hell, but, again, they got better and started to gel.

- Nucks are starting to dominate games 5v5 and that's a huge thing that will eventually turn into a something good.  Haven't seen them win on the shot clock in a loooong time.

- They're clearly still figuring each other out out there, pretty cool watching the chemistry build in real time.  Some of the playmaking between all that talent really started to get fun out there. 

- This really is a brand new team now going forward, start of a new era. 

- TG puttting Rathbone out a lot this game, appeared to have shortened his D corps for the 3rd AND put OEL and QH together.  What a unique luxury to be able to start to play with.  Rathbone was awesome, changes everything back there. 

- yes powerplay needs a lot of work, not moving.

- They're just getting started, this will be fun to watch in the coming weeks.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Win or lose that was a pivotal game.  Our boys solidified as a team, who will play for each other.  We are going on a run of wins now.  We are winners no our division.  We are getting over 100 points.  This is a friggin’ awesome team!  Anyone who posts negative about that game, and this team is not a true Canuck’s fans.  This is the best team we’ve ever had!  We are mean, tough, and elite skilled all over the lineup.  Holy crap!  Lord Stanley is seriously coming to Vancouver this June!!!  

Is this appollo? 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

It's like they are embarrassed to admit they got it wrong so they try to find a way to make it stick and invent a new penalty.

Saving themselves from compete in-game embarrassment is exactly what that call was. 

It would have been better to treat it like a football review.... come back with a lengthy explanation after the review.

Something like.... “after review, we have no penalty. The Detroit player skated head first into the Canuck player. If the player was injured on the play, it is only because he is a dumb ass, and he should watch where he is skating! 4 min power play for the Canucks. Game on”

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Garland hit was clean. Zadina ran into him. Should have been a PP for Canucks. Insane it was actually reviewed and the gave Garland a Penalty.

Totally. That was not a penalty. What do you expect, Garland not to brace himself and not throw a reverse hit? 

Zadina hit his head on the # 8. 

Goes to show how strong that little bugger is! 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3