The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 16, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, McBackup said:

He did make contact with Greiss's head/shoulder while Greiss's skate were in the blue. The reffing in this game was really bad but this wasn't a terrible call. If it were a Red Wing doing that to Halak and the goal counted we'd collectively lose our minds.

The question isn’t if there was contact it’s whether Greiss or Hoglander initiated it. Because Hoglander was outside the crease the entire time the goal can only be disallowed if Hoglander initiated the contact (Rule 69.4)
if the exact same play occurs one foot closer to the goal line it doesn’t matter because ANY contact would be no goal of the attacker is in the crease.

Just now, ilduce39 said:

The wings getting away gooning Garland after the hit on Zadina was absolute bush league nonsense.  Just screams $&!#ty American franchise getting a pass.  

He should have drawn multiple penalties and if he had gotten hurt it would have been 100% on them.

And on their refs for the criminally negligent misconduct.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Whatever man, I can complain if I want to. I been a fan for a very long time and when we see the same system that ends in losses I will complain. You don’t like it, ignore my post. They have lost a lot in Benning’s tenure, why would Inbe happy about that. There PP and PK is awful and showing the same signs as last year so whatever. Your not impressing anyone by attacking my name MUSTARD TIGER. Lol.

Look how sad your life is. You take a sport designed for entertainment purposes, and act like its your right that they have to be up to your standard. 1-800-lets-talk. People want to help.

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, LesPaul81 said:

He's too cutting.  Comes across harshly, almost insulting at times.  I'm sure the Sportsnet brass can't wait for Cheech to be good to return.

Garland is exactly what this team has been missing. Love his tenacity!!

He also seemed simultaneously arrogant and insecure.

"Hey when I played I did this." 

"I coached this guy in St Louis."

"Oh I know this guy from when I coached".

Yes Corey, we get it. You have NHL experiences on your resume. It seemed like he was trying to make it about him and remind people he used to be in the NHL.

Edited by McBackup
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Barefoot said:

Hirsch is like a girlfriend who won't shut up.  I find myself just thinking and saying 'shut up' over and over again and tuning him out.   (although he wasn't as bad as last game, I'll give him that).

Too true. Thought he was doing better tonight, but then he relapsed into blather disguised as banter.

Come back John..this guy is driving me to drink(only 3 tilts in!)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, McBackup said:

Did you know he coached Halak?

Now that you mention I did hear him say that a few times.

Also, he has a son the same age as some of the red wing players.

And on and on.... blah blah blah, can we just eat dinner now? 

I'm getting agitated again.  Starting to feel like Al Bundy in Married With Children.

People blaming refs in all of our games. It’s not the reffing. Sometimes you don’t get the breaks. The team played very well for a second consecutive night. It’s frustrating when we try that hard and have nothing to show for it. But whatever. It was a close game, and exciting to watch. We move on.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Look how sad your life is. You take a sport designed for entertainment purposes, and act like its your right that they have to be up to your standard. 1-800-lets-talk. People want to help.

Come on dude lol it’s a sport for entertainment sure but fans are passionate all over the world, and passion comes in the form of frustration,anger, and happiness. People are allowed to be frustrated with the team they love. 

Our fans are probably some of the more mild compared to certain teams around the league.

Edited by Petey40
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Slegr said:

People blaming refs in all of our games. It’s not the reffing. Sometimes you don’t get the breaks. 

Sometimes the reffing is worse than other nights. Is it responsible for the Canucks losing? No, they couldn't beat Greiss. But its still very frustrating to watch Detroit take liberties against your guys all night meanwhile you're getting penalized for being headbutted in the traps.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Slegr said:

People blaming refs in all of our games. It’s not the reffing. Sometimes you don’t get the breaks. The team played very well for a second consecutive night. It’s frustrating when we try that hard and have nothing to show for it. But whatever. It was a close game, and exciting to watch. We move on.

Do you consider the refs conduct tonight acceptable?

Yes or no answer only please.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Buddy you don’t have to attack people because they complain. Attacking my lifestyle is pretty low but whatever you need to make yourself feel good, go ahead but I am done responding to someone like yourself. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

The wings getting away gooning Garland after the hit on Zadina was absolute bush league nonsense.  Just screams $&!#ty American franchise getting a pass.  

He should have drawn multiple penalties and if he had gotten hurt it would have been 100% on them.

At the risk of derailing the PGT what's with the fascist avatar and username? I've been wondering for a while. Non of your hockey takes seem that bad but I can't help thinking of Benito hanging from a lamp post every time I read them.