The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Cory Schneider, Kyle Criscuolo

Well we're paying £3 mil for Luongo this year so he could come play a couple of games in Abbotsford to back up Cory. Be good to win at least one cup this year.

Ya I realise this isn't going to happen for a long list of reasons (including having to waive Cory to get him there) and DiPietro needs to play. Would still be good to see if only so I could pretend it was 2011 and I have a full head of hair.

22 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Alexander Volkov is on unconditional waivers... Good enough for Podz' buddy?? 

lol. For what purpose? Our team is already full. It's going to be even more congested when Motte and Sutter get back and he'll likely be packing his bags again anyways.

I never understood why this fanbase feels the need to have to pick up another Russian just because we have a Russian player.

If all that is required is for a player to speak Russian or be of Russian descent in order to be picked up by this team, just to console and be there for Podkolzin like he's in  kindergarten with no friends, then this club is in trouble. 

This is professional sports, not a daycare.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

lol. For what purpose? Our team is already full. It's going to be even more congested when Motte and Sutter get back and he'll likely be packing his bags again anyways.

I never understood why this fanbase feels the need to have to pick up another Russian just because we have a Russian player.

If all that is required is for a player to speak Russian or be of Russian descent in order to be picked up by this team, just to console and be there for Podkolzin like he's in  kindergarten with no friends, then this club is in trouble. 

I was being half joking, half sarcastic.... 

Besides, juding by Green's usage of Podz... the boy is gonna play in Abby soon!

I am not optimistic Sutter will play again!

• Vintage 1

Just now, RakuRaku said:

I was being half joking, half sarcastic.... 

Besides, juding by Green's usage of Podz... the boy is gonna play in Abby soon!

I am not optimistic Sutter will play again!

Not just you. 

I mean there are literally others in this fanbase that propose the idea of bringing in Russian players that don't necessarily fill our needs but because we have Podz, he needs a friend. 

Just like how people thought that bringing in Goldobin would help secure the return of Tryamkin, because look! Fellow Russian! lol.

I remember even the media asking Goldobin if he'd talked to Tryamkin and is in close contact with him as if they're best friends just because they're both Russian and on this team. It's pretty laughable honestly.

11 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

He can't be any worse than a useless plug like Chiasson.  No harm in giving him a look and then making a decision once those guys are ready.  We can also go with seven defensemen since Hunt isn't usable.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Well we're paying £3 mil for Luongo this year so he could come play a couple of games in Abbotsford to back up Cory. Be good to win at least one cup this year.

Ya I realise this isn't going to happen for a long list of reasons (including having to waive Cory to get him there) and DiPietro needs to play. Would still be good to see if only so I could pretend it was 2011 and I have a full head of hair.

That’s like… $7mill per year

edit: it’s more like $5.3 or something 

Edited by sassbs
  • Haha 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

He can't be any worse than a useless plug like Chiasson.  No harm in giving him a look and then making a decision once those guys are ready.  We can also go with seven defensemen since Hunt isn't usable.

oh gosh forgive me. 

I completely forgot we had chiasson on our team for a moment there.

Justifiable though since he's literally been a ghost on the ice. 

10 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Not just you. 

I mean there are literally others in this fanbase that propose the idea of bringing in Russian players that don't necessarily fill our needs but because we have Podz, he needs a friend. 

Just like how people thought that bringing in Goldobin would help secure the return of Tryamkin, because look! Fellow Russian! lol.

I remember even the media asking Goldobin if he'd talked to Tryamkin and is in close contact with him as if they're best friends just because they're both Russian and on this team. It's pretty laughable honestly.

Well... since we are on the topic... I would have loved to see Kulikov signed.... he's pretty damn solid imo..... only getting $1.5M... well worth the price! 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, gurn said:
3 hours ago, Rindiculous said:

I don’t know what happened to Schneider.  He was so good for us.  Such a fall from grace.

bad hips, had surgery, still isn't right.

and it's not like he was god awful right after he left for new jersey.. he had 3 amazing years there, similar numbers to his Canucks stats, but getting 60-70 starts a year.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1