The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Home Opener! Minnesota Wild @ Vancouver Canucks | Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PDT | Sportsnet One, SN650

Rate this topic

goalie13

1 minute ago, Beary Sweet said:

I have no idea. Eichel is a world class talent and any team would love to add a player of his calibre. Hope he doesn’t end up in Vegas though:sick:

I hope they trade every asset they have for him. They’ll end up like Buffalo in no time 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Why is Highmore with Petey now a thing?

I can’t think of even a single team where Highmore would be anywhere but on the 4th line or in the press box. He skates fast and does next to nothing with it most games. 

Green and Benning really need him to suddenly become worth trading for. Bailey is actually a better more skilled version of him. But he actually does something with his speed.

Seriously, we have a fetish for fringe 4th liners from the bottom of the barrel. 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

When will Jack even be healthy to play, March?  

The Knights have Tuch and Pacioretty on LTIR.  That's 11.75 mill of cap space currently off the books.  I could very well see the Knights try to pull a Tampa to an extreme, and buy to their cap limit and also get Eichel.  Then all three players come off LTIR when the playoffs start, basically giving VGK 20 million dollars worth of extra players in the postseason.  Then they'll have to completely gut their team in the offseason.  Let's hope they keep losing and tank this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

I hope they trade every asset they have for him. They’ll end up like Buffalo in no time 

They only have the cap space due to the LTIRs.  If they acquire him at the trade deadline or prior, they'll have to trade away players before next season.

1 minute ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

How the hell are they affording all these players?

I think they're allowed to exceed the cap by the amount of salary on LTIR.  And then during the playoffs there is no cap.  GCG!

21 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Seriously, we have a fetish for fringe 4th liners from the bottom of the barrel. 

Highmore has been Motte good. He is flying, forechecking, hitting, backchecking, steals.

As an NHL coach this is what you want in your bottom lineup 

Fetish? Really come on man