The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Home Opener! Minnesota Wild @ Vancouver Canucks | Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PDT | Sportsnet One, SN650

Rate this topic

goalie13

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I think its tougher to start when they don't have a natural center there to take draws. By default my mind says maybe Pearson and maybe Boeser (as he did often for UND in college). 

Would be nice if they moved a center to that unit like Bo or Miller. 

That’s true I never thought of that part. I guess a couple try’s and switch to PP2 give them an actual full minute to play with it. As opposed to getting on the ice when the guys about to exit the box which seems to be the case everytime 

• Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

image.png.7ffc8932ded327f40d6fb40f478dbc9f.png

Where: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
When: Oct.26th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PDT
TV: Sportsnet One
Radio: SN650 / CFAX1070

I'm no good with lineups before they are announced.  Instead, I will just go with my favourite fan created season opener pump up video.  This one comes from the 2010-11 season, which was pretty much the greatest season in team history.

Enjoy.

Thanks for posting video@goalie13 Miss Rypien and man that hit on Toews... Gold.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Chiasson on the first powerplay....:picard:

he still seems OK in front of the net.... I'm looking for positives here.

We do kind of have a 1A/1B PP setup tho with OEL and Hughes on two different units. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

he still seems OK in front of the net.... I'm looking for positives here.

We do kind of have a 1A/1B PP setup tho with OEL and Hughes on two different units. 

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

It’s the only place I like him tbh. 5 on 5 I’d prefer to see other players. My personal opinion of course 

Fair enough. I hope it works out better than it has been .

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Fair enough. I hope it works out better than it has been .

Me too.   That said i'm not terribly worried about it either.    Feel with time things will settle down.    I'd really like TG to keep them guessing though and throw out the second unit to start more often and not just because the Lotto line was just on the ice.    It's not a sprint to the finish line, it's a marathon.   Right now it's possible we have the best top 9 in the division, use it.   Vegas is down some guys ... good time to gain some buffer points.    Aside from Buffalo our 5 x 5 play is better then it has been in years ... if we can add our special teams to that then good things will happen.   Special teams were the difference for us last game, so maybe it's something to work on. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1