The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Blow up the Maple Laughs

8 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

For giggles as I do not care about the Leafs. How does getting AM help AZ now. They get a goal scorer for sure but look at their team. They are like the Canucks when we had Megna and Chaput. Adding one player does nothing. By the time their drafted guys are ready and playing AM will be getting to the end of his contract. Plus, typical CDC thinking from the past, AM might get you a win or two that you do not want. It might take you out of dead last.

they could rebuild pretty quickly around AM, I think he'd attract a number of US free agents to the team. Plus AZ could do it correctly and not have the salary issues TO does.

All depends on the rebuild timing. If its 4-5 years all via drafting AND development, JC will be gone by then anyway.

Just now, King Heffy said:

But they won't contend over the next couple of years.  Better to get him for free with a better supporting cast.

I'm assuming a AM extension would be part of it. Local boy, franchise player for 10 years. Makes sense to me.

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Poolman and Stecher are an upgrade over a defenseman who can't play defense.  Dubas will probably bring in guys like Del Zotto and Hunt though; he doesn't seem to care whether or not his defensemen can play like NHLers in their own zone.

Doesn't care ... probably does just doesn't have much of a choice does he?  That's a lesson for the rest of the league at least. 

30 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

I think Matthew’s should be traded to Arizona TBH. Get what you can and move on. The cap space they could gain could be vital. 

I hope they don't!   Will be fun to watch them crash and burn for awhile yet.   Plus who the heck would they get back?  Kessel?  Lol ARI is also a tire fire, and if they were smart they'd wait to get him for free in a couple years and get some good picks in the meantime. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I hope they don't!   Will be fun to watch them crash and burn for awhile yet.   Plus who the heck would they get back?  Kessel?  Lol ARI is also a tire fire, and if they were smart they'd wait to get him for free in a couple years and get some good picks in the meantime. 

I would take Chychrun, maybe young forward + second or first & move on. Spend the money getting 1 or 2 other NHL defenseman & cheap mature veteran.This will help your goalie, GAA for the team, character & leadership. You have a chance at becoming competitive every night. 

On 10/25/2021 at 5:52 PM, VegasCanuck said:

Not actually proposing anything that would fix them, just really enjoying them failing....again!

3 players earning collectively more than 32 million and they can barely score a goal between them.

What do you think, trade each of them for a bag of pucks and start over?

More of a commentary than a proposal, really. I guess I should have thought harder about the title....you know, like they should have thought about how much they were spending and that they can't win without some depth.....

We can laugh all we want at the Leafs but if the Canucks miss the playoffs again this year, we will have our own turmoil to deal with.  Pettersson and Brock need to find their games fast or we are done.  

56 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

We can laugh all we want at the Leafs but if the Canucks miss the playoffs again this year, we will have our own turmoil to deal with.  Pettersson and Brock need to find their games fast or we are done.  

Season is young, and we spent the first 6 games on the road. They finally have a little practice time to start getting everything working again.

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

It's an 82 game season.   In two games we will be around the 10% mark.   We need to stay around .500 until the half way point if we want to make the show really...at the least.   Thankfully Vegas isn't doing well, but at the same time hard to believe they won't get in.  Calgary is doing what experts thought they'd do last season...won't be easy to make it into the top three, never was going to be easy.   Wild card is likely our best bet, and then we get to play a top team in the first round.    Second place is ideal ... home ice advantage and likely playing one of EDM or CAL to start.    Maybe this division isn't as bad as folks predicted, but until .20-25% of the season is done i will leave the pitchfork in the closet, same with the pom pom's.

• Cheers 1

Just now, IBatch said:

It's an 82 game season.   In two games we will be around the 10% mark.   We need to stay around .500 until the half way point if we want to make the show really...at the least.   Thankfully Vegas isn't doing well, but at the same time hard to believe they won't get in.  Calgary is doing what experts thought they'd do last season...won't be easy to make it into the top three, never was going to be easy.   Wild card is likely our best bet, and then we get to play a top team in the first round.    Second place is ideal ... home ice advantage and likely playing one of EDM or CAL to start.    Maybe this division isn't as bad as folks predicted, but until .20-25% of the season is done i will leave the pitchfork in the closet, same with the pom pom's.

I'm not ready to come out of the closet.

• Haha 1