The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Rangers | Nov 2, 2021 7 PM PDT | C'mon do something Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

9 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Guenther. 11 points in 10 games. 4 goals. Interesting to see how this guy turns out even though no guarantee Jimbo would have picked him.

Can't afford another 10m dollar player.  It's why he traded for other teams scraps 

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

I agree but I also I believe its deployment as well. Garland, who I would argue is our top offensive guy right now, should not be relegated to 10 minutes a night, dropped to the 3rd line and the #2 PP. What happened to playing the "hot hand" and rewarding good play?

The Lotto line is off right now, so don't play them 20+ minutes every night and give someone else the chance to be the hero. When they get back to themselves, then go back to playing them all the time.

It might even be a little more entertaining for the fans, who knows.

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

I agree but I also I believe its deployment as well. Garland, who I would argue is our top offensive guy right now, should not be relegated to 10 minutes a night, dropped to the 3rd line and the #2 PP. What happened to playing the "hot hand" and rewarding good play?

The Lotto line is off right now, so don't play them 20+ minutes every night and give someone else the chance to be the hero. When they get back to themselves, then go back to playing them all the time.

It might even be a little more entertaining for the fans, who knows.

Yup.   Green has sacrificed games, and wasted players on hot streaks all to try and get the lotto line going.  

Garland has been fire.  Play him.  Pettersson has sucked.   Cut his minutes.  
It’s about winning games.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, grumpyone said:

Petey needs to change back to his old sticks to get his shot/handling back.

Petey needs to change to his old wrists to get his shot/handling back.  A wrist injury, especially one serious enough to keep him out over half of last season does not heal up over the summer, it's going to take at least a year before it feels normal and he has the confidence to let it rip, and sadly it might never to get back to where it was before the injury.  I know knee injuries are much the same, even if you regain all the pre-injury leg strength, it takes time mentally before you totally trust the knee on hard turns and contact.  Considering that Petey has little else to offer other than his shot and play making, we are currently overpaying for his services.  If he were a big body, or a better skater, then the loss of some wrist mobility might be less important, but that's not the case.  I'm hoping that over the next ten games he proves me wrong, and gets back to old Petey, I do think he's looked better in the last two games, but he's still not himself.

Edited by canuckleheads fan
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Great, Bo and JT break a knuckle and gone for 2 months. 

Doesn't Bo have 1 fight on his card, that he was dragged into by his buddy Darnell Nurse?

that doesn't really qualify as can and will throw down

Who has Miller thrown down with since coming to Vancouver?

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

I'm hoping that over the next ten games he proves me wrong, and gets back to old Petey, I do think he's looked better in the last two games, but he's still not himself.

Paul No GIF by Neighbours (Official TV Show account)

Edited by cuporbust
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, lmm said:

Doesn't Bo have 1 fight on his card, that he was dragged into by his buddy Darnell Nurse?

that doesn't really qualify as can and will throw down

Who has Miller thrown down with since coming to Vancouver?

I really had high hopes for him when he first came here, big body and appeared to have some snarl. After being here for awhile now? I realized he has nothing and he is a "skate away" type of guy.  Not what Boes and Petey need on their line TBH.

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

&^@# they should be doing shrooms. Might actually give them some clarity ;)

The power play should all indulge in psylocibin so they can erase all the ingrained routes that lead to the same shot-from-point-through-four-bodies-hoping-for-a-magic-tip play.  

Tonight could be that night when hope returns . .  Bo's fast break against the Flames in the playoffs, Jakes bone crushing hit on McDiver ( yeah hindsight on that one ), Brock scoring in his first game. Petey absoluting roofing it in his first game, Gretzky himself blow away by Huggys skill in the All star game. For the past 8 years we've seen glimmers, but tonight could be the night we see the real hope that this core with the team that Jett Black Jimbo has assembled could come together to be a contender with a dominant performance against the Rags.

Or are they gonna come out like a bunch of hung over beer leaguers and give up a goal in the first 5 mins...  who knows.. The only thing u can be sure of is that i'm getting drunk on a Tuesday. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I really had high hopes for him when he first came here, big body and appeared to have some snarl. After being here for awhile now? I realized he has nothing and he is a "skate away" type of guy.  Not what Boes and Petey need on their line TBH.

I still shake my head at the fans here who want to see our top six fighting.  It's so easy to break a hand, a knuckle, an orbital bone, or have your helmetless head plowed into the ice (Kassian is incredibly lucky he didn't have permanent damage from that pre-season fight with Mac), and bang, end of season or maybe end of career.  We pay these guys way too much to be fighting.  Let the bottom six guys and third pairing guys be your goons, the last thing this team needs is for Miller to be lost for an extended period, waste of money and talent.  Miller gets paid to score, PP and PK.  I know Iginla used to fight, but that's really rare these days, and I'm sure every time he dropped his gloves his coach, GM, and owner held their collective breaths.

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

I still shake my head at the fans here who want to see our top six fighting.  It's so easy to break a hand, a knuckle, an orbital bone, or have your helmetless head plowed into the ice (Kassian is incredibly lucky he didn't have permanent damage from that pre-season fight with Mac), and bang, end of season or maybe end of career.  We pay these guys way too much to be fighting.  Let the bottom six guys and third pairing guys be your goons, the last thing this team needs is for Miller to be lost for an extended period, waste of money and talent.  Miller gets paid to score, PP and PK.  I know Iginla used to fight, but that's really rare these days, and I'm sure every time he dropped his gloves his coach, GM, and owner held their collective breaths.

Even Bert only had between 1-3 a year.

• Cheers 3