The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Dallas Stars | Nov 7, 2021 7 PM PDT | *Warning! May Contain Power Plays*

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

7 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

There has been only two under his tenure.   

Ya so you think he deserves to have a third? That just does not happen with most organizations that are run well but this organization tends to stay with the status quo without getting results so I wouldn’t be surprised either. They get so excited after one win. We have seen this win one, lose one for a few years now. The ownership seems ok with it because we would have seen a change at some point already.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

27 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Look at the contracts signed recently.  Would you rather have a guy like Rielly who can't play defence instead of OEL?

I’m not saying OEL hasn’t been a good addition but at the same time there’s a flaw if he’s got the same points  as schenn. 

rielly 12 games 8 point + 4. Is bad 

OEL 11 games 2 points +1 is good. 

if we just wanted a solid defensive d man we should have kept tanev. 

OEL was brought in and is paid to put up points on the pp and 5/5 he isn’t just a fact he’s been good defensively but not 7.2 mill shut down guy good. 

I’m not even saying it’s all on him the entire team is struggling offensively except maybe 3 guys that would lead to a bigger problem than 15 individuals aren’t getting chances or playing well. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, combover said:

I’m not saying OEL hasn’t been a good addition but at the same time there’s a flaw if he’s got the same points  as schenn. 

OEL was brought in and is paid to put up points on the pp and 5/5 he isn’t just a fact he’s been good defensively but not 7.2 mill shut down guy good. 

I’m not even saying it’s all on him the entire team is struggling offensively except maybe 3 guys that would lead to a bigger problem than 15 individuals aren’t getting chances or playing well. 

@combover

You don’t get to come to our Cup celebration June 2022.  :P

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

14 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya so you think he deserves to have a third? That just does not happen with most organizations that are run well but this organization tends to stay with the status quo without getting results so I wouldn’t be surprised either. They get so excited after one win. We have seen this win one, lose one for a few years now. The ownership seems ok with it because we would have seen a change at some point. 

I get it cause (imo) midway through last year would had been a good time to replace Green (just look at Calgary). 

Anyways, how JB will handle the current situation should tell Aquaman if he should be here long term and whatever happens JB will earn that termination or contract. As for Green, he should had not been extended but I can understand why JB did it and the failure to properly manage the deeper roster should make JBs' decision easier.  The slow start should be showing Aquaman the metel of the leadership group and I believe he has a date in mind of when he thinks this ship to be trending in the right direction.  Lets just wait & see how this will all play out cause last year with a very similar start they waited till seasons end; but I highly doubt Aquaman will waste this season for another aggressive season of roster tweaking cause the money (futures & cap space) had already been spent - unless fans are willing to accept the trading of more 1st rounders for now (?).

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 hour ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Is it bad that I almost want them to lose? For the greater good?

I've seen enough of this management and coaching staff, I think we all have.

I was so excited after the off season, and it was all smoke and mirrors.

This team needs a fresh voice in every off ice position.

Aqua needs to clean house

&^@# off

Go canucks go 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

I feel as though these last two games of the homestead will dictate the direction of the team moving forward.

Dallas doesn't have their offensive groove going as of yet, though Holtby has been playing well. If the Canucks can continue their strong play at 5v5, as well as some stability on special teams, and transition that momentum against Anaheim, I'll be happy. 

Saying this, I'm at a point where I'd like to see Petan in for Chiasson just for spark of offensive production. Fully admitting to having blinders on, but I've always thought Chiasson's inclusion in the lineup to be redundant. If he's not scoring net front on the PP, he doesn't really provide much else... Here's hoping he can prove be wrong with some strong play and maybe a goal or two.

I predict a 3-1 victory: Höglander with the first goal, a GWG by OEL as a reward for his strong defensive play, and Petey with an empty netter. One goal against on the PK because reasons... GCG!!!

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, combover said:

You're judging a defenseman by point totals when the pp as a whole has been atrocious thanks to our coaching, while seemingly using points to question my claim that Rielly is bad, despite the fact that the reason for my claim was his AHL quality play in his own zone.  OEL has logged huge minutes, stabilized Myers, and allowed Hughes to take easier matchups.

The number one job for defensemen is in the name of the position; OEL has done his well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Intelligent response. At least be civil to other people and try to have an intelligent conversation/response.

Be civil to a negative Troll that actually wants our team to loose???

Sorry I should have said

Go cheer for a different team

Go Canucks go 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Ajax- said:

Be civil to a negative Troll that actually wants our team to loose???

Sorry I should have said

Go cheer for a different team

Go Canucks go 

Who are you to say who is a troll and who is not? People are allowed to be negative considering the amount of losing this organization goes through. They have proven nothing. Nothing. So people can voice displeasure. If you don’t like what they have to say then the best thing would be to not respond. Especially when it’s so rude. At least put up a compelling argument.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • RoughGame 1