The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 17, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

We have lost 12 out of 17 games. 55 % pk. 60 something percent pp. it’s just all bad and changing the coach and gm will do nothing on the ice but it needs to happen. Need to get the stink out of the building. Players are bad too but something has to change.

I wish the Canucks were running at over 60% PP.  That's the Oilers PP.

1 minute ago, dougieL said:

As much as I have liked Drance and Paterson, these two tweets below clearly indicate the negative narrative that they are trying push. The boos were clearly because the Avs were running down the clock. Drance and Paterson obviously don't think we are stupid, so what other conclusion can one draw? These tweets really made me lose a lot of respect for them.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThomasDrance/status/1461165581126701059

https://mobile.twitter.com/patersonjeff/status/1461165265182281729

Not to go all math on you, but

The hockey knowledge of Paterson + Drance <<<< The popularity of Green + Benning

• Cheers 2

Just now, dougieL said:

As much as I have liked Drance and Paterson, these two tweets below clearly indicate the negative narrative that they are trying push. The boos were clearly because the Avs were running down the clock. Drance and Paterson obviously don't think we are stu

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThomasDrance/status/1461165581126701059

https://mobile.twitter.com/patersonjeff/status/1461165265182281729

I am not as sure as you are about what they were booing. I'm a fan of Jeff but i don't always agree with him either 

• Wat 1

This team is so damn frustrating to watch! They just couldn't handle being in the lead 2-1. They promptly take 3 penalties in the next coupla minutes and of course couldn't kill 2 of them to give the lead back to the Jets. It's like a broken record ... we lose another close one with the difference being our powerless play and the penalty kill-ing us! How can our 'special' teams suck so bad this season?!

• Haha 1

Great performances tonight by Garland - Dickinson - Podkolzin line.  

Hughes was good for the most part but then lost his cool with the penalty and at the end.  He ended up playing 27 minutes!  It makes no sense to see Burroughs only get 11 minutes, as he was a very physical and steady guy for us tonight.  

OEL, Poolman and Myers were solid tonight after a tough first period.  

Only liked Hoglander on Horvat's line.  Pearson did some good board work I suppose.  

Lotto line was a bit better tonight.  At this point I'm hoping for the same thing from them as from our fourth line; don't get caved in.  

Demko was average tonight, not bad, not good...  I'm sure he wants that 3rd goal back.  

Staggering contrast in the last minute after a whistle: Canucks bench where everyone is standing around for 30 seconds and then the camera pans over to the Avalanche bench where the 5 guys going back out there are all huddled tight around each other and intently staring at what their coach (Bednar) is showing them on the whiteboard. 

Just now, Tortorella&#x27;s Rant said:

The longer they wait to make any coaching change the harder it is to make the playoffs, obviously. If the goal to start the season was that, then they're deliberately sabotaging those plans. 

Most places have the Canucks at less than a 8% chance now. 29th in the league after the Chicago game is done tonight. 

We gotta go something like 41-23

or 42-22 from here on out to make the playoffs. That Would give us 94-96 points which should give us a wildcard spot. 

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

That Avs team is fast. At the start of the game, I thought that the Canucks were not prepared to play them as they couldn't handle the forecheck and were letting the Avs have too many open skating lanes, but they were able to adjust after the first intermission. So unfortunately, yet another slow start. Some of those calls by the refs were bad - slowed down the Canucks' momentum, imho. Hughes' penalty was the clincher. I know it's sad, but at this point, I'm just hoping for Petey's confidence that he doesn't screw up. Still not sure about what the Canucks' identity is supposed to be: speed, skill, strength, systems???