The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 17, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Plsdontdoit said:

petey needs an off leave and go back to Sweden where it all started and have his own self discovery and come back better than ever 

He’s getting better but clearly is overthinking and squeezing the stick. I’m seeing good effort and improvement so I would be more patient. Basically he is a perfectionist and that makes him his own worse enemy at the moment.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, shiznak said:

We played well enough for Green to secure a job.

MORAL VICTORY!!!!

“I thought we played a good second period”

”It’s hard to score goals in this league”

”They have a good team over there”

”I thought we did a lot of good things”

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

Where the hell has Horvat been through all of this? He’s been just as bad as any of them. Supposed to be a leader? Instead of sewering your teammates to the media, focus on yourself not being a passenger in a majority of games. 

Your right he was a long ways away from being the canucks best player tonight or even the last 5 games..

• Thanks 1

The sad part is the team needs to string together a huge streak just to turn the season around. Cant' see that happening right now. They haven't showed any consistency. Its depressing to think the playoffs are already out of reach.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

I gave my piece to Green before I left the arena. 

Until he's gone, I'm just going to watch highlights and check the score post game. I'm not investing my time in this team no longer until they actually start making some changes. 

What you said to him? 

4 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

What is actually sad is, did anyone see this coming? Where did the first couple of years of Petey go? I half believe he needs a gym or wants to be on a winning team. Can we fetch a top d man or someone who can score consistently?

Dont think anyone saw it coming, but i also dont think its all over for him. His balance is worse, he seems slower, and overall his skills havent improved at all. But hes still got the talent he had, hes just way in his own head.
One extremely hard working offseason & a new system that deploys him better probably makes a world of difference. I think next year's Petey will be far better. 

Will he be a 7.5m player? who knows.

• Upvote 2
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

“I thought we played a good second period”

”It’s hard to score goals in this league”

”They have a good team over there”

”I thought we did a lot of good things”

Really, I think it’s time to concede that this season is lost. Hard to say but now it’s playing catch-up and that’s hard to do. Do we really need to get to 20 games to know what they are? They are a bad hockey team.

• Cheers 1