The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

Never once has JT said anything to indicate this. If anything, he has stated that he wants to stay and mentioned his closest friends are on this team. He and his family have a great place to raise kids and by their social media account, they look very settled and happy here. Now that we have a decent coach and proper management, that leans more towards an even stronger desire to stay here.

Stop listening to these sport media hacks trying to garner clicks and listeners to their shows. Half what you hear from folks are made up.

I don't watch, listen to or read sports media beyond watching actual games 

9 minutes ago, JM_ said:

we just need guys on the right side top 4 that are capable defensively. Maybe its been too long and people don't remember what that looks like.

yup thats understandable. 

Marino is just one possible solution, I do think there are others. We don't know what other GMs are looking to do, I can imagine there are a number of ways this can go. 

But even adding Lyubushkin could be a nice add. It may free OEL from Myers, e.g. which would be nice. Maybe Dermott-Myers is fine as a 3rd pairing. 

Hughes-Schenn

OEL-Lyubushkin

Dermott-Myers

OK its not sexy but maybe just getting mobile/offensive partners with more capable defensive partners is what we can accomplish this offseason.

Just play Poolman with OEL you will get similar results as playing lyubushkin there

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

we just need guys on the right side top 4 that are capable defensively. Maybe its been too long and people don't remember what that looks like.

Yes, exactly lol.

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

yup thats understandable. 

Damn right! Wait, which part?

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

Marino is just one possible solution, I do think there are others.

Absolutely! Though I do think between Malkin potentially walking, Miller being from near there etc, there's a lot of "fit" for a deal.

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

We don't know what other GMs are looking to do, I can imagine there are a number of ways this can go. 

But even adding Lyubushkin could be a nice add. It may free OEL from Myers, e.g. which would be nice. Maybe Dermott-Myers is fine as a 3rd pairing. 

Hughes-Schenn

OEL-Lyubushkin

Dermott-Myers

OK its not sexy but maybe just getting mobile/offensive partners with more capable defensive partners is what we can accomplish this offseason.

Yeah absolutely we may end up talking "baby steps" to fix the D if an appropriate trade can't be found. And something like the above could work in the interim.

That said, paying Myers $6m to not play with our top 4 is part of the problem. We need that cap space to properly address that. AKA, he needs to go (eventually) for us to fix the D.

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why can’t we trade Myers to Seattle for Adam Larsen?   

Get ‘er done JR! :frantic:

Larsson wanted to go to Seattle; he signed a NTC with them.   Sure would have been a great fit on our team though.

Myers for Geekie C-r :towel:

8 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

Best partner Hughes ever had was Tanev who is excellent at moving the puck up ice and in general makes smart first passes and good outlets. 

Zadorov is just a slightly better Luke schenn and frankly given the cap hits, Canucks are better off playing luke schenn in that spot

I watched a lot flames games your underestimating him and I think he can be had  for under 4 mil I like him and Rutta as partners for hughes in free agency 

Edited by Scottydzik

8 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

You are literally posting on a site that hyper focused on the Canucks. Public forums are a from of sports media…

No it's not.  It's a discussion board, there's no monetary gain coming from these discussions 

26 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Not trading him doesn’t really make sense tho he’s stuck on bottom pairing forever there 

He's only 20 and not yet ready for an increased role - he's likely their Trouba replacement but he still has a few years of development.   Not every Ds can step right in like Hughes or Makar. 

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Yes, exactly lol.

Damn right! Wait, which part?

Absolutely! Though I do think between Malkin potentially walking, Miller being from near there etc, there's a lot of "fit" for a deal.

Yeah absolutely we may end up talking "baby steps" to fix the D if an appropriate trade can't be found. And something like the above could work in the interim.

That said, paying Myers $6m to not play with our top 4 is part of the problem. We need that cap space to properly address that. AKA, he needs to go (eventually) for us to fix the D.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Myers go on his own or as part of a package deal. Philly or Pittsburg maybe? Philly has holes all over, and maybe Burkie would consider a Marino for Myers swap? truculence and all that. 

1 hour ago, The_Rocket said:

Just play Poolman with OEL you will get similar results as playing lyubushkin there

maybe, but Poolman might not play for us again. He needs to be offloaded yesterday to a bottom feeder. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

JT to Carolina for Necas (C/RW), Morrow (RHD) and a pick?

Do the Canes do it though? Hard to get a read on them/how desperate they are (or aren't).

But I agree, that's a solid package.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Fiala couldn't get 2nd overall so miller won't be able to either. 

Miller had 14 more points than Fiala.  19OA + Fabre (he’s worth 3) for Fiala.  Correct for the 14 points more Miller had and PRESTO!  It = 2OA 

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how this math makes the value work.  :frantic:

Snd some say Alf doesn’t understand analytics.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2