The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 minute ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

I saw somewhere that the islanders are working the phones to clear cap for jt Miller.

Really gotta wonder what the return could be. 

I would love 13+ autu raty and a roster player like keiffer bellows

Likely if Miller goes to the Islanders expect a D man coming back.  Like that Pulock guy.  I could see Lou Lu  terested in Myers too. 

Miller + Myers for Pulock + Barzal.

Get ‘er done JR! :frantic:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Keeping Miller would be best.

If Miller will sign for 7.75 x 7 then absolutely it’s best to keep him.  But will he?  If not, then it’s get the best return to help us move forward and be even better in a couple years.  

• Vintage 1

Unlikely the Rangers move Schneider or Laff...I would love to see a legit RD in a Miller trade but don't think the team should limit themselves. Take the best deal possible...those assets might open the door to acquiring a RD in a different deal (or with a draft pick). 

If offered would a deal with Rangers for "lesser parts" be worth it?

Miller 50% and a 3rd

Kakko, Lundkvist, Kravtsov, & 2023 1st

Kakko has upside, Lundkvist is RD and Kravtsov is under valued given he went back to KHL.

Edited by 5nothincanucksohno

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Schneider + Kakko for Miller?

what if the Raggedy Andys offered Lafrenierre in a one for one for Miller?  Which would be better for us?

To Van:  Lafrenier,  Schneider,  2023 1st.

To NY:  Miller (50%retained), Garland,  2022 1st.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

This one gives me heart palpitations!

A risk we get hosed on the 1st round pick, but also a chance that NYR has a couple key injuries and is a lottery team in 2023.

If we are retaining 50% on Miller and giving them a cost controlled Garland…  I probably only give them a 2nd round pick.

I feel like enough trade chatter is going on that we will see at least one Canucks move by Wednesday.

Edited by Provost

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Keeping Miller would be best.

Personally now Boeser is signed , I’d trade 

Dipietro to Montreal for:

one of their 2nd round picks (33rd or 66th)

they are weak in Goalie depth, and they’re scouts must have like Dipietro before.

The best rated G In the draft is Tyler Brennan but mock drafts only see him picked in the 3rd round.

Horvat  for :

New Jersey’s 2nd OA (Slavovsky or Wright) 

Zacha (drafted 6 OA in 2015) 25yrs

and one of:

Kevin Bahl ( drafted 55 OA 2018) 22yrs

or

Shakir Mukhamadullin

(drafted 20 OA 2020) 19yrs

Regardless 

We pick:    2nd OA

15th OA

33 or 66th OA

We drop cap.

… I know, playing the bad guy again :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

48 minutes ago, Provost said:

This one gives me heart palpitations!

A risk we get hosed on the 1st round pick, but also a chance that NYR has a couple key injuries and is a lottery team in 2023.

If we are retaining 50% on Miller and giving them a cost controlled Garland…  I probably only give them a 2nd round pick.

I feel like enough trade chatter is going on that we will see at least one Canucks move by Wednesday.

I think that's a horrible trade. No way I'm giving them our first for some desperate attempt at some insane luck. First of all there is no way the Rags miss the playoffs with Miller and Garland, let alone win some 3% lottery if they by chance finished 14th = 16th. Big no on that one. Take out the picks or make ours a second next year and I'd change my mind. 

56 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Personally now Boeser is signed , I’d trade 

Dipietro to Montreal for:

one of their 2nd round picks (33rd or 66th)

they are weak in Goalie depth, and they’re scouts must have like Dipietro before.

The best rated G In the draft is Tyler Brennan but mock drafts only see him picked in the 3rd round.

Horvat  for :

New Jersey’s 2nd OA (Slavovsky or Wright) 

Zacha (drafted 6 OA in 2015) 25yrs

and one of:

Kevin Bahl ( drafted 55 OA 2018) 22yrs

or

Shakir Mukhamadullin

(drafted 20 OA 2020) 19yrs

Regardless 

We pick:    2nd OA

15th OA

33 or 66th OA

We drop cap.

… I know, playing the bad guy again :ph34r:

lol horvat regardless of how good he is defensively is worth nothing close to a 2nd OA... and u want +++ on that lol. 

they already have hirshier.. which is pretty much a younger version of horvat..

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

In the 600 or so replies to this thread, I've yet to see anything realistic coming back for what Miller brings to our Canucks for 2022/23..

Now even more so that we've signed Brock, Miller's fiery leadership will be crucial.

We can lose him at the deadline for something still substantial, but we could even be contending, and he may want to stick around.

Y'know, it may be high time we pressure our coaches to develop what we got raw already.

I'd like to see us run as we are for this season, let new management eyes see properly what we have, before trading, allow JB's baggage to terminate.

Accountability would be a refreshing change in Canuckland.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Mo Grit said:

In the 600 or so replies to this thread, I've yet to see anything realistic coming back for what Miller brings to our Canucks for 2022/23..

Now even more so that we've signed Brock, Miller's fiery leadership will be crucial.

We can lose him at the deadline for something still substantial, but we could even be contending, and he may want to stick around.

Y'know, it may be high time we pressure our coaches to develop what we got raw already.

I'd like to see us run as we are for this season, let new management eyes see properly what we have, before trading, allow JB's baggage to terminate.

or we could lose him to an injury at the tdl and he walks in the offseason which would set this team back to the stoneage.. losing miller for nothing.. have no prospect int he pipeline that can or will make an impact. Miller can not be on this team start of season unless he already signed a contract extension. 

Edited by wai_lai416
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

11 minutes ago, Mo Grit said:

I know right, 

If Tofu can get a top 10 1st, a 2nd round pick, a forward and a prospect.

And Copp can get a 1st, a 2nd, a 5th round pick and a forward.

Miller should get a lot more No Retention. 

25 minutes ago, Mo Grit said:

And that may well happen. I think if the offers for JT are low balls only. F em. I think JR feels the same way.

• Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

or we could lose him to an injury at the tdl and he walks in the offseason which would set this team back to the stoneage.. losing miller for nothing.. have no prospect int he pipeline that can or will make an impact. Miller can not be on this team start of season unless he already signed a contract extension. 

Yes wai, I see the risk.  But we get Miller's cap space no matter how Miller leaves us.  We may be in a more informed position to use that then than accept some foisted trade upon us now in panic.