The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

2 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Not to mentioned it makes the least sense out of any of the trade options. They have been linked to cost effective Miller and Garland, so sure let's send them a winger they have shown no interest in that's due a new contract. 

Neither of us know what or who needs what  . That’s the fantasy here.

as I stated earlier: 

The included combination of Halak as a bonefide back up goalie might hold some weight over that..  I also stated perhaps we add to Boeser / Halak  for Kravstov / Schneider to make it happen.

Kravstov ‘s exit door is half open in a trade request already.

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The included combination of Halak as a bonefide back up goalie might hold some weight over that..  I also stated perhaps we add to Boeser / Halak  for Kravstov / Schneider to make it happen.

I never stated one for one player Stawnzy.

The full sum of trades can outweigh the shiny bits.

The ‘+’ the Canucks would be adding to that would be prohibitively significant. 

1 minute ago, Sean Monahan said:

The ‘+’ the Canucks would be adding to that would be prohibitively significant. 

Kravstov has requested a trade from the Rangers,. There is an opportunity there.

The + , may not have to be as significant as we think.

I highly doubt Kravstov will return to NY next season if a trade does not happen.

I beleive he went back to the KHL this year to prove his point.

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Kravstov has requested a trade from the Rangers,. There is an opportunity there.

I highly doubt Kravstov will return to NY next season if a trade does not happen.

Im not familiar with-what kind of player is he

6 hours ago, mll said:

And that opinion led to the firing of Davidson and Gorton.  He replaced them with Drury who he felt had a vision that aligned more with his.

The owner’s right, even someone as crazy and insane as Dolan is. 

8 hours ago, shiznak said:

Fair enough, however I still don’t see them trading Schneider, who I believe is being moulded into Trouba’s role sooner rather then later.

Like I said, he’s probably their #1 prospects in their system and would likely take someone around their core age group to pry him out of New York in a trade. It would be like the equivalent to us in 2015 (?), trading Horvat for someone like Jeff Carter, at a run at the Cup.

In the end, I think the Rangers are more likely to trade for a rental (my bet is Pavelski), who probably won’t cost as much as Miller. 

Yeah. I can see the Rangers backing out on the Miller deal, especially if the Canucks insist on Schneider coming back this way. 

I guess we’ll see how far they go this playoffs. They might be more desperate next season if they bow out early (1st round exit). How are the Rangers going to play if the playoffs started today?

4 hours ago, coryberg said:

How about trading Hodgson in 2011 for a top 6 center or top 4 dman? Would have all but guaranteed us a cup.... but Hodgson was our top prospect so I'm glad we didn't do it!!!

Nice crystal ball.

Just ask how Washington feels about trading Forsberg for Martin Erat.

Looking back at the 2011 deadline. No one was worth a prospect like Hodgson, who was regarded as a top 10 prospect amongst the entire league. Not only that, but if I recall the Canucks were already tight against the cap. So, you’re scenario of bringing in a top 4 defensemen or a top 6 forward is irrelevant.

Edited by shiznak

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

yes,  Boeser for Schneider

Halak for Kravstov..   maybe we sweeten it a bit .. maybe not.

Kravstov has asked for a trade.

The Rangers backup goalies are not going to help them in Cup contention down the stretch.. that has been noted by New York press.

Halak might be the perfect go to for them.. if he waives his stipulation.

Schneider has been rumoured, and recently brought up from the AHL to “show”.

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/rangers-roundup-verbeek-named-ducks-gm-and-canucks-may-want-braden-schneider/

F24F3143-3D62-4180-A8A6-98592A8F5017.png

B86EF6E7-BB79-4A6E-93FF-3FDD1CBD8945.png

Makes me wonder if the Rangers called up Schneider to showcase him. 

3 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Well, with the needs the Rangers have, and the needs we have, maybe it's Miller, Motte and Halak for Kravtov, Kakko and Schneider.  Either way, if we play this right, we are going to get some core future pieces.

Future setup like this seems pretty nice for the long term:

Kakko Pettersson Boeser

Podkolzin Horvat Kravtsov 

Hughes Schneider

OEL Myers

LOL. I don’t think the Rangers are going to give away Kakko, Kravtsov and Schneider. I mean, they could, but it’s very unlikely. 

31 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

It’s not Kravtsov that’s the issue, it’s Schneider. Even without Kravtsov on the Rangers side of the ledger, that deal is far from fair value IMO. Halak has very little value and I suspect Boeser’s actual trade value isn’t close to what many Canucks fans believe it to be. Boeser is, IMO, a player to complement a core- similar to Sharp with the Blackhawks, as an example. He is not a core player. I don’t see the Rangers trading away their top prospect (who already plays NHL minutes for them) for a complementary piece who isn’t doing much this year and is due a QO that’s probably $1.5-2M more than his actual worth. 

Miller is considered a core piece, isn’t he? He’s just a little older than the rest of the core. Would the Rangers trade Schneider for him? 

26 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

LOL. I don’t think the Rangers are going to give away Kakko, Kravtsov and Schneider. I mean, they could, but it’s very unlikely. 

Yeah it’s very very unlikely, I agree.  Schneider needs to be the core piece of a Miller trade with another key F prospect as well.  

36 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Miller is considered a core piece, isn’t he? He’s just a little older than the rest of the core. Would the Rangers trade Schneider for him? 

They might. Tough to say. I think it’s far, far more likely they’d part with Schneider in a trade for Miller than a trade for Boeser (which is the assertion I was responding to) 

• Vintage 1

Reading some NYR fan comments.  They seem to think that unless Laffy can play RW, he’ll get traded cuz he is 3rd LW (behind Panarin and Kreider).  They also think Chytil is out of the mix cuz he’s a tweener C.  Not much offence and not a real defensive C.

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Nice crystal ball.

Just ask how Washington feels about trading Forsberg for Martin Erat.

Looking back at the 2011 deadline. No one was worth a prospect like Hodgson, who was regarded as a top 10 prospect amongst the entire league. Not only that, but if I recall the Canucks were already tight against the cap. So, you’re scenario of bringing in a top 4 defensemen or a top 6 forward is irrelevant.

The point was sure thing prospects aren't always sure thing prospects. I like that you used the erat for forsberg example. People trade top prospects to load up. Ask Jerome Iginla.

7 minutes ago, BPA said:

Reading some NYR fan comments.  They seem to think that unless Laffy can play RW, he’ll get traded cuz he is 3rd LW (behind Panarin and Kreider).  They also think Chytil is out of the mix cuz he’s a tweener C.  Not much offence and not a real defensive C.

Where are you reading this? The Rangers Reddit section I was scouting didn't echo these sentiments. From my time there it seems like Laffy was entirely untouchable.

48 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Fox's injury in NY was one of the worst things that could have happened to us - it forced Drury/Gallant play Schneider regularly the past several weeks - now they are realizing he's the stud d-man everyone thought he was and I suspect Drury is second guessing the value he could bring to the team in the long-term.  Either that or the value for Schneider is skyrocketing meaning people may not reasonably expect a Miller - Schneider/1st/Blue Chip prospect in any potential deal.  It could be more like Schneider/B-Prospect/Mid rd pick. 

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

A deal around boeser and kravstov I could see maybe.  

32 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Fox's injury in NY was one of the worst things that could have happened to us - it forced Drury/Gallant play Schneider regularly the past several weeks - now they are realizing he's the stud d-man everyone thought he was and I suspect Drury is second guessing the value he could bring to the team in the long-term.  Either that or the value for Schneider is skyrocketing meaning people may not reasonably expect a Miller - Schneider/1st/Blue Chip prospect in any potential deal.  It could be more like Schneider/B-Prospect/Mid rd pick. 

then the rangers can live without miller. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Neither of us know what or who needs what  . That’s the fantasy here.

Some of us actually pay attention to other teams needs, both perceived and reported on, and have a bit better idea than others. 

The Rangers are reportedly looking for "playoff-style" bigger bodied and/or high motor, "attacking" type players. (AKA why they've been linked to: Miller, Motte, Garland, and Schenn).

They have lots of softer, skill F's and D depth up to their eyeballs that they can part with to acquire said players. Hence the suggested returns of skilled F's and D most people are listing.

Nowhere, anywhere has remotely linked them to Boeser FWIW, for what would seem to most, obvious and apparent reasons. And I like Boeser.

• Cheers 3