The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Anyone who wants to trade Miller for Byram should have their head examined, no pun intended...

A healthy Byram is worth more than Miller.

Not sure I would risk an unhealthy Byram. If we're to trade Miller it would have to be for sure things. Byram's still kind of up in the air with his health issues. It "sounds" like he is getting better but I'll believe he's good when and if he gets back into playing full-time.

7 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Everyone thought Crosby’s career was over 10 years back and look at him now. Won a couple cups since then.

Concussions are tough but this guy is young and could still turn it around here. A risk for sure but isn’t every young player or prospect we’d be acquiring?Schneider is definitely not a sure thing either.

Big risk but even bigger reward. Be nice if there was another key piece there though. Like a Newhook or a Jost and/or a 1st.

Bryam and Newhook for me to pull the trigger

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Bryam and Newhook for me to pull the trigger

It would be concerning if VAN traded their best player for a D phenom with concussion issues, but I wonder if VAN is thinking they could benefit from a "Jack Eichel" type of situation, where Byram heals and recovers, and then has a productive career. It would definitely be a gamble, but that's where Newhook comes in. I like this. If Byram continues to have issues and can't play (worst case), at least they have a Top 6 forward in Newhook and got something of real value back. 

I think everyone needs to consider the fact that Byram almost quit.  That's a 20 year old kid who is so mentally fatigued already from injuries and illness that he was about to end his career before it started.  Considering his frame of mind right now, 1 more injury could be 1 too many.

Not sure I'd risk losing Miller with nothing to show but what could have been.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, PLOGUE said:

I think everyone needs to consider the fact that Byram almost quit.  That's a 20 year old kid who is so mentally fatigued already from injuries and illness that he was about to end his career before it started.  Considering his frame of mind right now, 1 more injury could be 1 too many.

Not sure I'd risk losing Miller with nothing to show but what could have been.

He's probably one more concussion away from retirement...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's probably one more concussion away from retirement...

Boston traded star Barry Pederson for Cam Neely and a 1st round pick (Glenn Wesley).  They knew he had two surgeries to remove cancer from his shoulder and decided to trade him.  

In the summer of 1986, Pederson was a valuable commodity. Still just 25, he was considered one of the best young centres in the game. He had already posted two 100-point seasons, and was only two years removed from finishing third in the NHL in assists and sixth in points. To the offense-starved Vancouver Canucks, who were the third-lowest scoring team in the league the previous year, he looked like a saviour and had the added attraction of being a 'local boy' - while originally from Saskatchewan, he had played his junior hockey nearby in Nanaimo and Victoria from the age of 15 onward.

However, Boston management were convinced that, despite Pederson's age, his best years were behind him as a result of two surgeries during the 1984–85 season to remove a tumour from his shoulder. On June 6, 1986, the Canucks signed Pederson as a restricted free agent. Cam Neely was left unprotected by Vancouver and went to the Bruins along with a first-round draft pick in the 1987 NHL Entry Draft as compensation for Pederson. The ninth overall pick in the 1983 NHL Entry Draft, Neely's development had stagnated and he finished the 1985–86 season with just 14 goals. However, Boston coveted his size and toughness, and considered him a potential heir apparent to Bruin players of the past such as Terry O'Reilly and Wayne Cashman.

• Upvote 1

I think any deal involving Colorado, we’ll have to take on Compher and Jost. I don’t see them trading Newhook, considering that they will probably lose two of Kadri, Burakovsky, and Nichushkin. All three who are UFA’s and after this season. 

To Vancouver:

Compher, Jost, Barron, Olausson, and a first

To Colorado:

Miller, Motte, Schenn and a 2nd

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, kacholu said:

What did he say? 

From the MacIntyre post-game article:

“He's a leader. He's our leader offensively, and he's our leader as a spokesperson. And I think a lot of the guys, you know, they follow him. I mean, he's our real star. Every team has one, and I would say he's our offensive star.”

1 minute ago, mll said:

“He's a leader. He's our leader offensively, and he's our leader as a spokesperson. And I think a lot of the guys, you know, they follow him. I mean, he's our real star. Every team has one, and I would say he's our offensive star.”

Love it!!! Unless we get a kings ransom I'm super happy keeping him 

43 minutes ago, mll said:

What a depressing statement for Pettersson.  True though

Edited by cuporbust
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, kacholu said:

Love it!!! Unless we get a kings ransom I'm super happy keeping him 

It takes two to dance.  It never was a question of if we like him and want him.  It is if he wants to stay, and if he does, what it is going to cost us.

I hope a team pays us at the deadline.  

The Trade Deadline is too close, the Canucks are too close to the Playoffs and I think Miller has made himself too valuable to this team right now. He's not going anywhere and I was all for trading him for a Kings ransom. 

Boeser on the other hand...

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

Doesn't look good for Bo......some may say EP but EP can still jump in and out of the top star.  Bo on the other hand wears the "C".  Man I don't see Bo giving up the C to Miller.  Kind of makes me think Bo will be traded along with Boeser.  Honestly, Miller deserves the C and his age is such that he could lead for well over another 4-5 years.  

Edited by NHL97OneTimer