The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

6 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I hope he gets resigned or traded asap.

This thread is long in the tooth. If this goes on till the trade deadline and the Canucks are a fringe team this will be beyond bearable especially if he gets hurt lmao.

I’m thinking there are enough suggested trade returns for Miller in this thread (and in other threads too) that one of them is going to be right.  Do, that’s pretty cool that the collective (hive) mind of CDC can predict a trade.  

Miller to the Leafs for Tavares (30% retained).  Maybe this will be the one?  :frantic:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

He's only 20 and not yet ready for an increased role - he's likely their Trouba replacement but he still has a few years of development.   Not every Ds can step right in like Hughes or Makar. 

They are losing copp and strome. They already needed miller with them both. 

they are going to try and get PLD or miller. 

He’s not the same kind of dman as trouba and trouba is a core leader signed for like 4 more years. 

they also have lundqvist ready to push for a bottom pairing spot. 

Clearly they don’t want to trade him but if the asking price for PLD is greater then Miller and they can get a 85-100 pt C for their third pairing dman gif the next 4 years with another rhd prospect ready it kind of just makes sense 

I hear what you’re saying I just think it could get to the point where drury  changes his mind and pulls the trigger 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, R3aL said:

He’s not the same kind of dman as trouba and trouba is a core leader signed for like 4 more years. 

Clearly they don’t want to trade him but if the asking price for PLD is greater then Miller and they can get a 85-100 pt C for their third pairing dman gif the next 4 years with another rhd prospect ready it kind of just makes sense 

I hear what you’re saying I just think it could get to the point where drury  changes his mind and pulls the trigger 

Schneider + Kakko for Miller?

what if the Raggedy Andys offered Lafrenierre in a one for one for Miller?  Which would be better for us?

Just now, R3aL said:

They started with Lundqvist on their 3rd pairing but it was somewhat of an adventure so they moved on to Schneider who brought more stability.  Likely part of reason why Lundqvist is available and Schneider isn't (for now).  

Just now, BPA said:

Rumoured Gaudreau has been offered $9.5M x 8yrs by the Flames.  Thinking Miller is going to want at least $9M aav.

If that’s all the Flames are offering Wee Johnny, then he’s gone.  Flyers will offer the Garden Gnome 10.5 x 7.  

Miller and that “Little Feller” aren’t comparables.  

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

Rumoured Gaudreau has been offered $9.5M x 8yrs by the Flames.  Thinking Miller is going to want at least $9M aav.

Gaudreau has averaged over a point per game in his career and is a year younger.

If Gaudreau accepts 9.5, Miller is only worth 8.5 mil.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Gaudreau has averaged over a point per game in his career and is a year younger.

Shows everyone what a steal Draisaitl is for the Coilers

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

And the Little one plays a game that is far more likely to sustain into his 30’s.  Miller’s game isn’t like that.  

It kind of feels like the calm before the storm, so quiet, not a credible Miller rumour out there. Curious how the discussions are going with Miller's camp and what kinds of offers Allvin is receiving. What's the plan?! 

Gotta say, Miller is a very good player for the Canucks, but if they go into next season with basically the same team, I might be a bit disappointed. Not necessarily saying trade Miller, but they have to do something significant. Signing Kuzmenko and re-signing Brock isn't really going to cut it. 

Maybe a big splash at the Draft?  Wouldn't mind the #12 and (RD) Peeke from CBJ.

18 minutes ago, mll said:

They started with Lundqvist on their 3rd pairing but it was somewhat of an adventure so they moved on to Schneider who brought more stability.  Likely part of reason why Lundqvist is available and Schneider isn't (for now).  

Lundkvist had a slow start and then tore up the ahl and made the most of his time thereS that with the off-season he could be much improved.

rhink gallant prefers a heavier bottom pairing and that will be the sticking point.

the price for PLD would probably be very high as well so be interesting to see how it unfolds. Im Being a bit stubborn with how I visualize the trade potential between the two teams tho I’ll acknowledge that for sure

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

It kind of feels like the calm before the storm, so quiet, not a credible Miller rumour out there. Curious how the discussions are going with Miller's camp and what kinds of offers Allvin is receiving. What's the plan?! 

Gotta say, Miller is a very good player for the Canucks, but if they go into next season with basically the same team, I might be a bit disappointed. Not necessarily saying trade Miller, but they have to do something significant. Signing Kuzmenko and re-signing Brock isn't really going to cut it. 

Maybe a big splash at the Draft?  Wouldn't mind the #12 and (RD) Peeke from CBJ.

I think CBJ has the pieces to make a Miller trade for sure. And I agree feels like the calm before the storm to totally it’s nice they got Brock taken care of though before everything.

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

what if the Raggedy Andys offered Lafrenierre in a one for one for Miller?  Which would be better for us?

I don’t think he would I could see that being the PLD initial ask potentially though. 

Trading a first overall pick at his age just doesn’t happen 

he’s an interesting case though. I thought so highly of him and he’s been slow to start 

41 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Keeping Miller would be best.

• Cheers 1