The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I dunno about you but if my home is on fire I’m finding a new home…

Perhaps, but you're also not a multi-million dollar athlete 

It's the middle class, and especially your lower class, people of colour, women, and sexual minorities who feel the boot on their throat the most down there

Miller would be living his American dream

Edited by Coconuts
  • Vintage 1

canucks still have no particular incentive to move miller now unless an offer blows them away.

are the returns being discussed currently really that much better than what you could expect to receive for a jt miller at the trade deadline of an average season (say 60-70 points)? because that's the gamble the canucks have to make.

and I really don't think the packages being discussed now are enough to make the move. 

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Oh boy is there gonna be a lot of disappointed people on here…

Everyone wants them to get a deal done right away yet are expecting all these premium pieces back.

If they’re not patient with this they’re not gonna get a good deal done. They have to be willing to wait out the draft if the offer isn’t there. There will be plenty of teams that strike out July 13th that will be desperate.

Sakic was patient with Duchene and look at the deal he ended up with. They need to have the same mindset.

The voice of reason. 

• Like 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

I dunno about you but if my home is on fire I’m finding a new home…

Americans have grown up with the belief that they are the greatest country that has ever existed. The majority

will always believe that.  Things were pretty bad in the Nixon years, but it was just the draft dodgers that left the

country and most of them returned when they were given the chance.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

I hope that the final straw that puts a deal over the top is them taking either Poolman or Dickinson as well.  If we could clear out a cap hit and get some serious assets we are laughing. 

“We want Schneider.”

“No deal!”

“We’ll throw in Poolman and Dickinson”

“Where do I sign?” (In a Frank Costanza voice)

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Americans have grown up with the belief that they are the greatest country that has ever existed. The majority

will always believe that.  Things were pretty bad in the Nixon years, but it was just the draft dodgers that left the

country and most of them returned when they were given the chance.

My social studies teacher in High School never went back. Raised a family and was quite happy in Canada. 

He was amazing. If you were late for class. You had to write out the first page of War and Peace. 

Not sure if we got much work done, but boy were we ever up to date on current affairs. What was great is it didn't matter where you were from or if you struggled with

English, he wanted to hear everyone's story. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Oh boy is there gonna be a lot of disappointed people on here…

Everyone wants them to get a deal done right away yet are expecting all these premium pieces back.

If they’re not patient with this they’re not gonna get a good deal done. They have to be willing to wait out the draft if the offer isn’t there. There will be plenty of teams that strike out July 13th that will be desperate.

Sakic was patient with Duchene and look at the deal he ended up with. They need to have the same mindset.

Samuel Girard + Byram so far.  Byram was a lot of luck because Ottawa misevaluated where they were at.  If they ended up with a late 1st instead, would the trade still be as heralded?  Or if only the 1st part of the trade went down?

The trade to Ottawa was for

• Turris
  • Andrew Hammond
  • Shane Bowers
  • 1st round pick in 2018 or 2019 - ended up being Byram as Ottawa kept the 2018 one to pick Tkachuk
  • 3rd round pick - still in college Matthew Stienburg

Turris was then moved to Nashville for

• Kamenev

• Sam Girard

• 2018 2nd round pick which they traded for 2 later picks (Annunen in the early 3rd and Zhuravlyov in the 5th)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Samuel Girard + Byram so far.  Byram was a lot of luck because Ottawa misevaluated where they were at.  If they ended up with a late 1st instead, would the trade still be as heralded?  Or if only the 1st part of the trade went down?

• Turris
  • Andrew Hammond
  • Shane Bowers
  • 1st round pick in 2018 or 2019 - ended up being Byram as Ottawa kept the 2018 one to pick Tkachuk

• Kamenev

• Sam Girard

• 2018 2nd round pick which they traded for 2 later picks (Annunen in the early 3rd and Zhuravlyov in the 5th)

Lol Ottawas first was never gonna be a late first be serious.

Guaranteed top10 pick.

They already had the Turris deal in place before hand.

Great trade no matter which way you slice it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mll said:

• Turris
  • Andrew Hammond
  • Shane Bowers

• Kamenev

• Sam Girard

So if we are where the Avs were in 2015 then the most important pieces we get in return for Miller should be futures, or young players with elite potential, who be starting to contribute at their best in 3-5 years?  

Sure sounds like what we’ve been hearing from JR/Allvin.  Younger guys, picks, prospects.  

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lol Ottawas first was never gonna be a late first be serious.

Guaranteed top10 pick.

They already had the Turris deal in place before hand.

Great trade no matter which way you slice it.

They were in the conference finals the season before and thought they were ready to go for it.  That's why they made the trade.  They completely misevaluated their team but the trade was still made because they felt they were better than they were.  They didn't trade the 1st rounder thinking top-10 but late 1st.

It was a 3-way trade and the hangup was getting Girard from Nashville but Vancouver might not manage a 3-way deal for Miller.

Edited by mll

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Jeff Marek commenting that he believes a deal is in the works for JTM to Rags with Kakko + coming back.

I want Schneider, but I like Kakko in a return too as I think we could get more out of him alongside Hughes, Podz, and Pettersson 

Fits the age group too

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1