The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

2 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Affordability is the one.

It's highly debatable that you can find any of the others in that country.

I don’t think those sniper, mass murdering psychos only target poorer people.  The wealthy peoples’ children can just as easily be the ones attacked by the nut jobs, who get assault weapons so easily down there.   If Miller (and his wife) had any sense they would be telling the agent to get a deal done with the Canucks so they can raise their little girls up here.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Coconuts said:

I want Schneider, but I like Kakko in a return too as I think we could get more out of him alongside Hughes, Podz, and Pettersson 

Fits the age group too

Kakko has an elite player ceiling.  We should always be trying for guys who have the highest ceiling.

We can find a partner for Hughes in another way. 

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Jeff Marek commenting that he believes a deal is in the works for JTM to Rags with Kakko + coming back.

New take or based on what he said earlier this morning on Sirius radio?  

He was speculating earlier today.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Oh boy is there gonna be a lot of disappointed people on here…

Everyone wants them to get a deal done right away yet are expecting all these premium pieces back.

If they’re not patient with this they’re not gonna get a good deal done. They have to be willing to wait out the draft if the offer isn’t there. There will be plenty of teams that strike out July 13th that will be desperate.

Sakic was patient with Duchene and look at the deal he ended up with. They need to have the same mindset.

An equivalent return of Girard and Byram, yes please. Five years after the trade and they are cup champs. “All we need is just a little patience”

C5993AB0-43A3-4E88-82EF-D2688C7BAEC2.gif

1 minute ago, mll said:

New take or based on what he said earlier this morning on Sirius radio?  

He was speculating earlier today.

I’m not sure. Just read that from a hockey talk site and it was connected to Marek who generally is pretty consistent.

I suspected this last week when Minnesota traded Fiala to LA.  It seems like the market isn't as robust as media and fans are expecting/making it out to be. 

I think the deal the Canucks receive back may not be much better than the Chytil, Lundqvist, and 1st that was offered this past TDL. Expectations need to be tempered here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kakko has an elite player ceiling.  We should always be trying for guys who have the highest ceiling.

We can find a partner for Hughes in another way. 

I'd honestly take him and Schneider without a 1st because of their age, position, and pedigree 

Obviously I'd like the pick too, or a 2nd, but I think they'd fit our group really well 

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I suspected this last week when Minnesota traded Fiala to LA.  It seems like the market isn't as robust as media and fans are expecting/making it out to be. 

I think the deal the Canucks receive back may not be much better than the Chytil, Lundqvist, and 1st that was offered this past TDL. Expectations need to be tempered here. 

Does this mean the Canucks have accepted an offer and are just giving JT a chance to decide whether he’s willing to sign here (long term) for the contract JR/Allvin are offering?  If JT wants to stay he can?  

Just now, RWJC said:

I’m not sure. Just read that from a hockey talk site and it was connected to Marek who generally is pretty consistent.

Here's the audio - feels more like speculation.   

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

With Miller trade likely to happen I wonder if there’s a package out there to get the Hughes bros here (Demko petterson) untouchables

Nope.  
Much like ours, their Hughes are untouchable.  

Edited by D.B Cooper
1st post on page 666. I’m so happy. Lol!
  • Upvote 1