The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

Just now, KyGuy123 said:

The rumoured deal is 8 years and over $40 million. Sounds like 8 years $45 million total. That $6 million a year.

I'll bet it's closer to 8 x 7.75.

I think JR & Co will make sure we don't give away too many movement restrictions; maybe none after 4 or 5 years?

These top flight players coming in under 8 million are in the new structure we were 'promised'.

This also proves to Petey that we all want to win.  Now.

Years 7 and 8 will have higher cap room and we may be able to keep JT or move on from him then.

I don't think it is the end of all our hopes that he has received a long-term offer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

IMO there's virtually a 0% chance Miller takes anything less than $7M. The only way it's remotely possible is with strong trade immunity like a full NMC for all 8 years or something.

There’s apparently an Uber waiting to take him to the airport. I’ll put $5.00 on it. 

22 minutes ago, King Loui said:

Nice, one of my other takes EVERY year for the last 7 years was that Benning is a complete idiot and I was told repeatedly that my take was bad... irony

My take isn't bad, some people just don't know what they're watching.  The guy is an absolute dog spit teammate 

sorry black pot, you're way out to lunch on this one. I don't think you'd find a single teammate of his that would agree with you. 

2 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

I'll bet it's closer to 8 x 7.75.

I think JR & Co will make sure we don't give away too many movement restrictions; maybe none after 4 or 5 years?

These top flight players coming in under 8 million are in the new structure we were 'promised'.

This also proves to Petey that we all want to win.  Now.

Years 7 and 8 will have higher cap room and we may be able to keep JT or move on from him then.

I don't think it is the end of all our hopes that he has received a long-term offer.

I think Miller signs at 7.75 x 8.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

New management; same owner. 

Yup. 
That said there are so many baseless rumours right now 

one has Jt and Nucks nowhere close another has him basically signed. 

i get the feeling JR keeps his card close and the media  is just throwing shyte at the wall the clearly have no clue since all the reports conflict doing what they do create panic, drama and fabricated stories. 

JRs is nobody’s biatch if FA is trying to pull puppet strings he’s going to be told where and what to stick it up. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Chris12345 said:

That's aggressive.

And it’s an offer JR/Allvin know wouldn’t be accepted.  We will need to push to the 60 million mark to get Miller to sign.  I’m seeing a deal if it’s 8 years and 7.5 to 8 per.  

10 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

The rumoured deal is 8 years and over $40 million. Sounds like 8 years $45 million total. That $6 million a year.

$6 x 8 is 48 actually. But yes, sounds like the team has capped his contract value at around $50m total (or just under).

Again, for about the millionth time, I just don't seem Miller taking a $5-$15m pay cut to stay here.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, aGENT said:

$6 x 8 is 48 actually. But yes, sounds like the team has capped his contract value at around $50m total (or just under).

Again, for about the millionth time, I just don't seem Miller taking a $5-$15m pay cut to stay here.

Yup.  In July 2023 JT could sign a 7 x 8.5-9 per deal.  We need to get to 60 mil total.  If we aren’t getting to that number then start sewing Krappo onto a Canuck’s sweater. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I would think it is at least $60; but that's me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mll said:

Can't see Siegenthaler going anywhere - he's become one of the best defensive Ds in the league.  Also on a great contract and fits the age group of their pillars as Fitzgerald calls Hughes and Hischier.  He's an LD btw. 
Sounds like they plan to be active in free agency.

Switch him for Graves maybe, which is less value for us but fills a need on d

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Well if it's six years, then it has to be big money or he says no IMO. That or big trade protection, which I think Allvin and Castonguay would be hesitant about.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  In July 2023 JT could sign a 7 x 8.5-9 per deal.  We need to get to 60 mil total.  If we aren’t getting to that number then start sewing Krappo onto a Canuck’s sweater. 

Nothing to say; just typing away in a stupor...

Why is Irf spreading rumours that Millers value isn't what everyone thinks it is right now? Drance and others have said it is better now than at TDL. 

We literally see players half of Millers talent go for 1st round picks and good prospects lol.

I have a hard time believing you can't generate value for a 100PT player, who kills penalties, plays power play and brings grit/physical presence 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1