The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

We probably miss trading him at TDL, then draft, then next TDL and let him walk for free. It's the Canuck way. :lol:

Explanation from Management:

"We think he's one of the best players in the game and can help our team win now. Unfortunately, we didn't make the playoffs again, but we don't regret our decision to try."

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm getting Benning vibes from this whole Miller distraction. It feels like Allvin is afraid to pull the trigger, he probably had a few great offers already, but he's being patient, thinking he could get more.

Well, Debrincat just brought CHI back a nice haul, and Miller should get much more than that, but the price might be too rich now for other teams. Is Allvin going to miss the boat and then scramble to re-sign Miller for more than the Canucks were initially willing to re-sign him for? 

Trader Jim made things happen.  This is Gillis vibes 100% trying to outthink the opposition.  Now, Gillis did (eventually) get decent returns for both Luongo and Schneider… but that also created an absolute circus surrounding the team and I really don’t want that right now for this group.

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm getting Benning vibes from this whole Miller distraction. It feels like Allvin is afraid to pull the trigger, he probably had a few great offers already, but he's being patient, thinking he could get more.

Well, Debrincat just brought CHI back a nice haul, and Miller should get much more than that, but the price might be too rich now for other teams. Is Allvin going to miss the boat and then scramble to re-sign Miller for more than the Canucks were initially willing to re-sign him for? 

I rather over pay Miller than trade him for scraps. 

All offers we heard are scraps. 

11 minutes ago, Honourable Hughes said:

Miller

VAN 3rd 2022
—————-

NYR 1st 2022

Scnheider

good?

To Rangers:

Miller

Focht

Their 4th round Pick from the Motte trade

To Vancouver

NYR 1st 2023

NYR 2nd round 2024

Schneider

Negotiating rights to Motte

Kravtsov

Edited by VegasCanuck

5 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Based on what they were offered at the deadline (Chytil, 1st and Lundqvist) and what Chicago got for DeBrincat maybe they should have taken that deal. We will see....

Why? Which one of those pieces are of equal value to the 7th overall?

Edited by 24K PureCool

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

To Rangers:

Miller

Focht

Their 4th round Pick from the Motte trade

To Vancouver

NYR 1st 2022

NYR 2nd round 2024

Schneider

Negotiating rights to Motte

Kravtsov

Rangers don’t have their 2022 first.  They traded it for Copp.

Just now, ilduce39 said:

Rangers don’t have their 2022 first.  They traded it for Copp.

They were going to trade it to us for Miller (with Chytil and Lundquist) but our owner IMHAO told JR to keep Miller for the playoff stretch.  Fortunately we kept Miller because we had a deep playoff run. :picard:

14 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I’m excited to see a trade proposal from the Rangers with at least 1 premium future piece though. Their 1rst (30th overall), Lundkvist (small bottom pairing RHD) and Chytil are all B or less prospects.

I'm excited to see people realize NY do not own a 1st round pick.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Don't get distracted by the goings on, Ott is a completely different buyer,  they weren't/aren't in the Market for a Miller-type.  It's Car/NY/Bos type teams that'll see his value. 

4 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Based on what they were offered at the deadline (Chytil, 1st and Lundqvist) and what Chicago got for DeBrincat maybe they should have taken that deal. We will see....

I'll pass on a 2nd/3rd line center, a late first, and a defenceman who can't play defence.  That's a terrible return.