The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

Just now, BPA said:

So curious as to what you think Motte should get??  Cuz whatever Motte gets will be the starting point or ball park for Lammy and Highmore on their next contract.

Do you really want to see a 4th line that costs $6M?

I'd have no issue paying a linbe as effective as they are that kind of money.  I'd rather have those three for $6m than Boeser for $6m I can tell you that.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd have no issue paying a linbe as effective as they are that kind of money.  I'd rather have those three for $6m than Boeser for $6m I can tell you that.  

I think the 4th line as a whole (together) should be around the $4.5M range.  Something like $1.5M each.  Maybe Highmore at $1M, Lammy at $1.5M and Motte at $2M.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

UFAs after this season:

Motte

Chiasson

Sutter

Hunt

Halak

The Luongo penalty will also be done, thank goodness.

I think they re-sign RFAs Highmore and Lammikko (plus Lockwood and Rathbone, etc)

I don't expect any of the UFA players to be on the team next season, and it frees up some cap, but I think they go further and trade Boeser to NJ for Zacha and Smith. That frees up a bit more. 

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

I think the 4th line as a whole (together) should be around the $4.5M range.  Something like $1.5M each.  Maybe Highmore at $1M, Lammy at $1.5M and Motte at $2M.

Doesn't JR have a bit of a history for signing, even guys lower down in the lineup, players to longer term so he can keep the cap costs down?  I could see him signing Motte to 9 million over 4 years.  And Lammi to 5 over 4 years.  Not too sure about Highmore.  I see him as the replaceable part.  Woody for 750k?

Motte 2.3

Lammi 1.3

Woody .75

So about 4 to 5 million for the line. 

That should allow us to keep Boeser at 6.5 for a longer term like six years.

1 hour ago, Harold Drunken said:

You're purely speculating here and there's no data or trends to suggest this is the truth. There's likely a reason Zacha isn't playing on the top line or with top players 7 years into his career. Like I said. 35 points has been his ceiling... to blame that on his line mates is ridiculous.

Well,  this thread was started because there was a report that the new management here was inquiring directly about Zacha.

I like that.

The speculation about who for who in this thread, is just that, speculation based on who the Canucks might look at to move out.

A Qualified Offer of 7.5m for Boeser is way too much for this player.

Thats why his name comes up.

The comparisons between Boeser and Zacha are generated because people think we would do a one for one deal..

something I highly doubt.

But if that happened, I would be just as happy to clear the 3m in capspace .

That 3m is the difference between Zachas QO

and Boesers QO.

Boeser is overrated,  even at 6m.

Zacha has Canucks interest.  I like that, could leave us with 3 Centers doing better than 50% down the middle if I’m correct?

9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Well,  this thread was started because there was a report that the new management here was inquiring directly about Zacha.

Th OP and the link that OP posted doesn't say a single thing about Zacha, perhaps you have your threads confused?

54 minutes ago, BPA said:

I think a roster that's going to be successful can't be so too heavy.  If they continue to be as effective as they've been, I'd have no issue seeing them paid a good salary

55 minutes ago, gurn said:

Th OP and the link that OP posted doesn't say a single thing about Zacha, perhaps you have your threads confused?

Lol, perhaps I do,.  But the conversation I was having with someone else pertained to that.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I like that.

The speculation about who for who in this thread, is just that, speculation based on who the Canucks might look at to move out.

A Qualified Offer of 7.5m for Boeser is way too much for this player.

Thats why his name comes up.

The comparisons between Boeser and Zacha are generated because people think we would do a one for one deal..

something I highly doubt.

But if that happened, I would be just as happy to clear the 3m in capspace .

That 3m is the difference between Zachas QO

and Boesers QO.

Boeser is overrated,  even at 6m.

Zacha has Canucks interest.  I like that, could leave us with 3 Centers doing better than 50% down the middle if I’m correct?

I agree for sure that Boesers qualifying offer is too high in my opinion. I would be open to re signing him but not at that dollar figure. Yes the rumor is the Canucks may be interested in Zacha but it wouldn't be a straight across trade as the numbers show Boeser is more proven and almost double as productive. I wouldn't mind Zacha but depends what the price is...at this point he would almost be considered a reclamation project as he's fallen short of expectations but a 1 for 1 trade I don't see happening. If clearing cap space was the only factor in the trade then it makes a little more sense but Zacha would still be a 3rd line center unless they move Petey back to wing which I don't see. 

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

I agree for sure that Boesers qualifying offer is too high in my opinion. I would be open to re signing him but not at that dollar figure. Yes the rumor is the Canucks may be interested in Zacha but it wouldn't be a straight across trade as the numbers show Boeser is more proven and almost double as productive. I wouldn't mind Zacha but depends what the price is...at this point he would almost be considered a reclamation project as he's fallen short of expectations but a 1 for 1 trade I don't see happening. If clearing cap space was the only factor in the trade then it makes a little more sense but Zacha would still be a 3rd line center unless they move Petey back to wing which I don't see. 

Zacha could play wing too. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Miller - Pettersson - Podkolzin

Zacha - Horvat - Garland

Pearson - Dickinson - Hoglander

Highmore - Lammikko - Motte

If Zacha does end up coming here I think he'll be put into the 3C role, considering what a dismal failure Dickinson has been. At least Zacha can win a draw.

If we’re seriously gonna trade Boeser it better be for a number 1 draft pick in the 2023 draft! Aswell a top prospect! And it sure as hell better be a bottom feeder team like Arizona or Buffalo so we at-least have a shot at getting hometown phenomenon Connor Bedard! 

More and more it's looking like Boeser might be the odd man out. I would hate to trade him when his value is pretty much at an all time low though. 

My gut feeling is that Allvin and Rutherford will try and re-sign him <6.5M before trade deadline and if they can't then they will probably trade him for the best offer they get.

1 minute ago, Diamonds said:

More and more it's looking like Boeser might be the odd man out. I would hate to trade him when his value is pretty much at an all time low though. 

My gut feeling is that Allvin and Rutherford will try and re-sign him <6.5M before trade deadline and if they can't then they will probably trade him for the best offer they get.

Theyre not trying to resign him.  They outright said this top 6 needs to get faster and bigger and harder to play against.  Boeser might be the slowest and softest forward in the league

15 hours ago, Diamonds said:

15 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Theyre not trying to resign him.  They outright said this top 6 needs to get faster and bigger and harder to play against.  Boeser might be the slowest and softest forward in the league

If he signs at an annual average lower than his qualifying offer, he'd prob be worth it? 

I would rather keep him and find other ways to save cap space like moving Dickinson etc

3 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

If he signs at an annual average lower than his qualifying offer, he'd prob be worth it? 

I would rather keep him and find other ways to save cap space like moving Dickinson etc

Imo, he's barely worth the deal he's on now

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

It all depends on what he's willing to do. If wants to stay and understands that the year he's had doesn't justify his QO, then he should be willing to negotiate. If he just wants to get paid, then we move him at the deadline.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Cheers 3

On 3/5/2022 at 2:11 PM, NUCKER67 said:

UFAs after this season:

Motte

Chiasson

Sutter

Hunt

Halak

The Luongo penalty will also be done, thank goodness.

I think they re-sign RFAs Highmore and Lammikko (plus Lockwood and Rathbone, etc)

I don't expect any of the UFA players to be on the team next season, and it frees up some cap, but I think they go further and trade Boeser to NJ for Zacha and Smith. That frees up a bit more. 

Re-sign Chiasson for sure. He’s going to come cheap and plays at a higher level than what his contract dictates.

I would love to see Motte back but he may be too expensive. If it’s a $250,000-$500,000 difference, I say re-sign him for sure.

Sutter is going to retire.

Hunt I’m sure some else can replace him.

If Halak can’t make it under goalie coach god Clark, he’s probably done in this league.