The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

22 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

boeser realizes how hard it is to play in this league and realizes he should just take some money and sign long term

he has been inured so many times to his wrist that it has impacted how he shoots and his offensive out put, if he has one more injury to that hand, he could kiss a big UFA signing good-bye, he would be smarter to sign as soon as possible for a good chunk of money, many ppl have cap problems, and lets be honest, if he was a ufa today, he would be hard pressed rot get paid 7.5 millx 7 years, I believe most offers would be in the 6 range.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

This makes no sense.  "Both sides would like to cut a new long term deal.  They are going to try though".  Did Dalli mean "AND" they are going to try?

Dhali talks like he has marbles in his mouth but you get the point. Both sides want a long term deal, the question is can they find common ground.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

I doubt they move Kempe, also, I would prefer Brock faber over grans, but that's just me, I like the outline of your trade, moving brock and our first and getting a high end, essentially read-now player in Turcotte and an organization positional need in grans

Thx CC.  I like Grans a lot, but he is more of a risk than a much safer Faber.  I like Faber's high-end skating and defensive

abilities. Both these young players are a couple of years from the NHL game and they both have crucial areas of

their games that will have to be developed.  Having Quinn and possibly Rathbone is enough scoring potential,

so I would be ok with a solid dman like Faber coming along.  Grans may be too high risk/high reward at this point.

For me, the big ticket is Turcotte.  He would be such an awesome addition to our team and I can see him joining

the team some time next season.  

I am soooo jealous of the Kings endless top young players and prospects.  They are so stacked that they wouldn't

even miss Trucotte, Faber or Grans.

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

boeser realizes how hard it is to play in this league and realizes he should just take some money and sign long term

I agree. Would rather sign Boeser long term than act one one of those underwhelming proposals offered for him. 

He's having a down year by his standards, but he'll bounce back. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, coryberg said:

Dhali talks like he has marbles in his mouth but you get the point. Both sides want a long term deal, the question is can they find common ground.

I think they'll get it done, he's a good support piece and he's young enough that he should be able to maintain or build upon his production for most of whatever his extension ends up being. A six or seven year deal would walk him right to 31 or 32. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Boeser is a guy we could sign to the full 8 years to better spread out the cap.  6.25x8.  That's 50 million guaranteed money for Boeser.  I think he signs that deal.  

He probably would sign that.

I have a hard time putting a value to the guy. Some nights looks like an 8 mil dollar player. Other nights 2. 

Depending on what he's worth on the trade market I'd prefer to trade him rather than give him 8yrs. 

34 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

bowen byram for boeser would be perfect for canucks. People worried about concussion issues but kid is a stud

Unfortunately I think he is good as done. Probably a 25% chance of a healthy career.  The kids had 3 concussions within the last year and keeps having setbacks. He has called his parents crying saying “I can’t do it. I can’t play and feel like this,”. People like to say "Crosby came back just fine" but Crosby wasn't a defenseman who has to take (and give) contact on a regular.

Unless you are getting bryam as a secondary piece or with conditional draft picks connected to his games played I'd stay away.

1 hour ago, Nuck1991 said:

bowen byram for boeser would be perfect for canucks. People worried about concussion issues but kid is a stud

That's my wild card as well.  I wouldn't say no to a deal around Girard as well.

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

Unfortunately I think he is good as done. Probably a 25% chance of a healthy career.  The kids had 3 concussions within the last year and keeps having setbacks. He has called his parents crying saying “I can’t do it. I can’t play and feel like this,”. People like to say "Crosby came back just fine" but Crosby wasn't a defenseman who has to take (and give) contact on a regular.

Unless you are getting bryam as a secondary piece or with conditional draft picks connected to his games played I'd stay away.

Even beyond this, I would bet on him having a long career and him being a top pairing D.

2 hours ago, Nuck1991 said:

I don’t know about perfect, but it isn’t a bad deal.

$7.5 million we don’t have to put towards Boeser in the offseason means we could also find top 4 RHD. 

6 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Even beyond this, I would bet on him having a long career and him being a top pairing D.

Non contact for a reason.

I should clarify by saying I think he is done I didn't mean he would never play another game. I meant that he would be on the shelf shortly after and call it quits within the next season or two.

Edited by coryberg
Clarification

54 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Non contact for a reason.

I should clarify by saying I think he is done I didn't mean he would never play another game. I meant that he would be on the shelf shortly after and call it quits within the next season or two.

Nom contact because just a couple months ago he wasn't sure what his future holds, now he's back practicing with the team. Still clearly has a long way to go, but that's honestly quicker then I bet most people expected. I think he has a full career and plays high level hockey throughout. I would 100% center a trade around him.

7 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Nom contact because just a couple months ago he wasn't sure what his future holds, now he's back practicing with the team. Still clearly has a long way to go, but that's honestly quicker then I bet most people expected. I think he has a full career and plays high level hockey throughout. I would 100% center a trade around him.

He should probably do what Crosby did and take a full year off.  Being back on the ice after only 2 months may not actually be a good thing IMO.  Look what happened with Ferland.  Colorado doesn't need Byram this year.  He should go see Crosby's doctors and come back next training camp.

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don't see a need for Boeser in Colorado.  The Rangers need goal scoring alot more than any other playoff team.  They are a one line team really.  If we are moving Boeser at the deadline we should try and make a deal with the Rangers with 50% salary retained.

Rags can't use anyone long-term. They've got a bunch of high profile guys coming off ELC next few years and will need the cap space so they can't really commit to Boeser or Garland.

Only other guy besides Miller the Rags might want is Motte. They were rumored to be in on Lehkonen from MTL.

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Rags can't use anyone long-term. They've got a bunch of high profile guys coming off ELC next few years and will need the cap space so they can't really commit to Boeser or Garland.

Only other guy besides Miller the Rags might want is Motte. They were rumored to be in on Lehkonen from MTL.

Well the guys coming back in the Boeser deal would be those same guys coming off the ELC's.  The Rangers #1 line have 2 guys that will be 31 next year.  Don't think they can wait until the ELC guys are in their prime in order to go for the Cup.  Boeser would give them scoring on the 2nd line with Laff.  Strome will be gone next year.  Kakko looks like a bust.

25 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He should probably do what Crosby did and take a full year off.  Being back on the ice after only 2 months may not actually be a good thing IMO.  Look what happened with Ferland.  Colorado doesn't need Byram this year.  He should go see Crosby's doctors and come back next training camp.

I personally doubt he plays based off the information available. I don't mind seeing him skate to keep he's legs under him and start slowly pushing myself. He's gonna have to go real slow with contact.

• Upvote 1