The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

15 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I would agree with you if this year is indicative of the real Brock Boeser. Problem is as some may have pointed out, he was one of our best players the previous year. 

He clearly had alot of off ice issues this year. What if... Just what if, those issues really did affect his play? 

How would you feel if you traded him and then he bounced back next year and was a 30-40g scorer and puts up 70+ pts? 

I don't know why we would give up on him while we still have his RFA rights. 

Horvat and Miller contracts don't expire until end of next year. 

What if we qualified Brock and then we make a decision on all 3 players based on how the season is going? 

We can even trade at the deadline if we are having trouble re-signing etc. 

Miller however, is be ok trading him this summer if the right deal came along. He over achieved last year so its not like his stock will get any higher. 

On the other hand, Boeser is a 1 year try out and if he looks good, we try to keep him out trade him (as he'd have value). Where as right now, he has no value. 

He was ok last year and he's been average after his rookie season.  He's simply not a good enough skater to justify what he's been paid and what he will be paid.  Garland drives the play when he's on the ice and he comes in cheaper than Boeser

1 hour ago, stawns said:

He was ok last year and he's been average after his rookie season.  He's simply not a good enough skater to justify what he's been paid and what he will be paid.  Garland drives the play when he's on the ice and he comes in cheaper than Boeser

I would rather run it back this year with Boeser AND Garland while we still have Bo and Miller under good contracts. 

This summer, Boeser needs to work on his skating (which can be done with effort). I mean look at draisaitl and Horvat. Both had huge question marks on their skating when they came into the league and put in the effort and are now really good skaters. 

If we need cap space, I would rather find a way to dump Dickinson and Poolman and replace them with cheaper guys like Richardson and Burroughs and give Boeser 1 year to prove himself. If he does, great. If not, then he comes off the books the following year when we need the money to sign Horvat. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Garland doesn't really drive the play.  He's all over the ice but he doesn't drive any line.  Boudreau said he is a 3rd liner.  Boeser may not be the best skater but hopefully he improves that over the summer.  He is a threat to score whenever he is on the ice though, which Garland is not.  Boeser is not a play driver but he is a very good complimentary piece on any line and he poses a threat to score on every shift.  I'd like to see Boeser under a full year with Boudreau.  Boudreau told him to shoot more, which he needs to do.  Not every player in your top 9 has to be the fastest skater.  There is room for a sniper like Brock if he can get to 30+ goals...

• Cheers 1

On 5/26/2022 at 12:41 AM, Canuck Surfer said:

I posted elsewhere a comparable as TJ Oshie.

Very similar goal scoring winger with some charisma. Size, speed, points, goals. Although Oshie had some clutch performances in Olympics, Post Season, Junior. 

Signed at 28 years of age 8 x $5.875 eight years ago. 

That's nice.  Just because it's market value, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.  Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping that they keep Brock, but a cup contending GM doesn't overpay for his players or sign guys to crazy long contracts unless they are franchise players.  Cup contending players typically take a little less in order to be on a cup contending team.  

I think we both value Brock.....we just see the line a little differently.  Hopefully Brock sticks around for a good price.

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

And a signed Boeser sent home to the Wild ?

.. or simply clearing his proposed cap space of 7.5 m is probably far more valuable.

I think there are fair arguments for moving on from Boeser but I don't think Minnesota will have interest, they're already likely going to ship out Fiala due to their incoming short-term cap crunch. Parise and Suter's buyouts will eat up 12.7M in cap space this coming season and 14.7M the two following seasons.

7 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

This seems distasteful right now. 

Maybe, but death is part of life and time marches on. Folks are going to discuss Brock, it's not as if he'll be moved before the playoffs conclude anyway. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why?  It's a situation that needs to be dealt with ASAP and we're here to discuss all things Canuck related

Why are you asking why? You well know why, you may not agree with the poster, but you know why.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Why are you asking why? You well know why, you may not agree with the poster, but you know why.

Why did SlapShot ask Why?

Why shoot the messenger?

Why make a point out of a point,

but you know Why?

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

So his contract should be waived to the next season?  

Life, Death,  Life go hand in hand..  nothing stands still.

Not at all. I'm saying give it a couple of weeks. Nothing is happening till the playoffs end, unless it's him signing a long-term contract with us.

As much as I've said in past that he's the likely guy to get moved up front, I now think he'll be here a long time, we'll see Miller moved this summer and OEL, if he agrees to be moved, if not, we'll see them move Myers.

I think both sides could live with Boeser just signing his QO, and punting a longer term extension down the road to next summer and see if he can bounce back. To trade him right now, you're selling on the low side, and it's the same argument for Boeser signing long-term right now, he had a weak season and may very well decide to focus on next season and then sign long term, trusting in his ability to show that he's still the guy who scored 29 in a shortened rookie season.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Why?  It's a situation that needs to be dealt with ASAP and we're here to discuss all things Canuck related

If you're able to remove the human element and discuss/criticize the kid like everything is the same the day after his father died, then you do you. It hits me as disrespectful, quite frankly, gross, that this board couldn't even wait a couple of days before getting back into this.

But hey, that's just my opinion. Like I said, you do you.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Not at all. I'm saying give it a couple of weeks. Nothing is happening till the playoffs end, unless it's him signing a long-term contract with us.

As much as I've said in past that he's the likely guy to get moved up front, I now think he'll be here a long time, we'll see Miller moved this summer and OEL, if he agrees to be moved, if not, we'll see them move Myers.

I think both sides could live with Boeser just signing his QO, and punting a longer term extension down the road to next summer and see if he can bounce back. To trade him right now, you're selling on the low side, and it's the same argument for Boeser signing long-term right now, he had a weak season and may very well decide to focus on next season and then sign long term, trusting in his ability to show that he's still the guy who scored 29 in a shortened rookie season.

QO this year and trade him as a rental at the 2023 TDL?  

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If you're able to remove the human element and discuss/criticize the kid like everything is the same the day after his father died, then you do you. It hits me as disrespectful, quite frankly, gross, that this board couldn't even wait a couple of days before getting back into this.

But hey, that's just my opinion. Like I said, you do you.

I would expect any talking right now is between the Canucks and Brock’s agency of representation.  Likely they are dis using different scenarios where total dollars and term work for both sides.  I’m not too sure at which point the player (Brock) needs to get involved.  

36 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Absolutely,  I heard this week good conversations were happening between his Agent and Canucks management.

Im sure a lot of this has been discussed between player / Agent far before this point.

Dont get me wrong,  I understand exactly what Brock and his family is , and has endured durring the last few years of Dukes life,  and this end.

I lost my father to Parkinson’s 7 years ago,.  The progression began 10 years previous to his loss.

All of these neurological diseases that exist are a horrible slow loss,  and they can rip families apart in the process.

Im sure Brock is regretting not being able to have enjoyed a quality relationship with his father in the future.   It’s been ripped from him,  and that’s what hurts.

Its best to understand that when you feel the loss of someone beloved in your life,  to immortal fill with pride for all of the time you had with them..

That thought should be held closest to the heart,. It will bring more smiles on your face, than tears.

Memories are all we leave behind,  it’s best to remember to create the best,  it’s the biggest gift we can leave.

I think Duke,  like my father ,  did well with that.

Brock should fill with pride,  and proud of his father for everything he accomplished.

Good post!

So, here's something that you might find interesting, especially with having Parkinson's in your family as I do, (my dad is currently struggling with it out in extended care).  I'm posting a picture of the Corowell Non-invasive Covid test kit that we market in the US and a lesser extent in Canada. Why this is relevant is, this test is the result of research by Neurologists, dating back to long before the first outbreak of SARS, years ago. This test is the most accurate screening device for Covid, south of a full PCR test, about 95% within 48 hours of contracting the virus. The core technology in this test is releasing shortly as a early screening, 60 second test for Alzheimer's and then will release in about a year as a 60 second screening test for Parkinson's.

So, does this work you might ask. When my daughter went back to school in January, I had her use one at the end of her first week to see if she had picked up Covid. She could smell Lavender REALLY strongly, as could I. My dad who has Parkinson's couldn't smell anything on the card, and inability to smell Lavender is one of the signs of Parkinson's

The core technology in this test should allow doctors to screen for any Neurological condition, long before other symptoms arise.

So, not a Hockey related response, but I find this technology pretty cool and there is more and more press coming out around it. It's already being recognized and approved for use by the FDA and Health Canada.

Packaging Shot Single.png

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Good post!

So, here's something that you might find interesting, especially with having Parkinson's in your family as I do, (my dad is currently struggling with it out in extended care).  I'm posting a picture of the Corowell Non-invasive Covid test kit that we market in the US and a lesser extent in Canada. Why this is relevant is, this test is the result of research by Neurologists, dating back to long before the first outbreak of SARS, years ago. This test is the most accurate screening device for Covid, south of a full PCR test, about 95% within 48 hours of contracting the virus. The core technology in this test is releasing shortly as a early screening, 60 second test for Alzheimer's and then will release in about a year as a 60 second screening test for Parkinson's.

So, does this work you might ask. When my daughter went back to school in January, I had her use one at the end of her first week to see if she had picked up Covid. She could smell Lavender REALLY strongly, as could I. My dad who has Parkinson's couldn't smell anything on the card, and inability to smell Lavender is one of the signs of Parkinson's

The core technology in this test should allow doctors to screen for any Neurological condition, long before other symptoms arise.

So, not a Hockey related response, but I find this technology pretty cool and there is more and more press coming out around it. It's already being recognized and approved for use by the FDA and Health Canada.

Packaging Shot Single.png

I had heard of this recently,  I think that science right now is growing in leaps and bounds in such a positive way to help us understand, identify, and in some cases recorrect a lot that the Human Being faces in order to have a full and healthy life.

I think it’s amazing.

yes, Dads sense of smell was an early indicator,  then it was “spacial” ,  where the floor became 3 dimensional,  a line on a carpet looked like a step (his words).

Then he lost his swallowing reflex,  which made it difficult to eat solid foods,  even taking his meds.

Sadly it was a gradual down hill decent.

Along with his ability to understand and respond.

Do stay on top of the Stem cell,  CRYSPR 9,

science,  all is unraveling quickly.

Its politics that need to move quicker and be following this with the scientific community, otherwise the scientific community is constantly educating people who have no idea what is going on.

There are some good results to facilitate a quality to his comfort with Cannibas.

..although we only got permission to try it with him too late ,  and lost him a month or 2 after .

His meds if they are “time released” ,  must be taken “ON TIME”.   This was the hardest thing for general staff and nurses to understand.

That cycle is imperative to his well being.

5, 10, 15 mins late throw away how the meds act.

Please feel free to connect with me through e mail here.

I’m sorry to here your Dad is in ECU, 

we were there a few times, and ICU , with him ourselves.

Stay Strong and up beat,.  It’s the only way to keep both you and your father on the positive side of everything.

Best Wishes. 

Ps.   There is a brain implant surgery known to work,  it was only being used in Ontario when we dealt with Dad,.  But it may have been a little late as an alternative to us.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I had heard of this recently,  I think that science right now is growing in leaps and bounds in such a positive way to help us understand, identify, and in some cases recorrect a lot that the Human Being faces in order to have a full and healthy life.

I think it’s amazing.

yes, Dads sense of smell was an early indicator,  then it was “spacial” ,  where the floor became 3 dimensional,  a line on a carpet looked like a step (his words).

Then he lost his swallowing reflex,  which made it difficult to eat solid foods,  even taking his meds.

Sadly it was a gradual down hill decent.

Along with his ability to understand and respond.

Do stay on top of the Stem cell,  CRYSPR 9,

science,  all is unraveling quickly.

Its politics that need to move quicker and be following this with the scientific community, otherwise the scientific community is constantly educating people who have no idea what is going on.

There are some good results to facilitate a quality to his comfort with Cannibas.

..although we only got permission to try it with him too late ,  and lost him a month or 2 after .

His meds if they are “time released” ,  must be taken “ON TIME”.   This was the hardest thing for general staff and nurses to understand.

That cycle is imperative to his well being.

5, 10, 15 mins late throw away how the meds act.

Please feel free to connect with me through e mail here.

I’m sorry to here your Dad is in ECU, 

we were there a few times, and ICU , with him ourselves.

Stay Strong and up beat,.  It’s the only way to keep both you and your father on the positive side of everything.

Best Wishes. 

Ps.   There is a brain implant surgery known to work,  it was only being used in Ontario when we dealt with Dad,.  But it may have been a little late as an alternative to us.

There's lots coming, but the earlier that they can identify, the more they can do to slow down Neurological conditions. 

• Cheers 2