The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

My problem with Boeser is the scoring droughts that he gets into. His skating could be a tad faster as well. I do like the fact that he has been producing in front of the net. He is tradeable based on what comes back.  Another issue will be his new contract. Even if he gives a home town discount he will want at least 5 years and likely some kind of NTC. Not to excited about another player with a NTC.  

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

Brock at $6M AAV would be fantastic.  He's not a bad player, he's just not worth $7M+.

$6M for a 25 to 30 goal guy (still with potential to be a 35 to 40 goal guy) would be excellent value. 

That's what we need to focus on... value for the dollar.  You need guys to meet or exceed what they cost on the cap.

again, that's $100k more than he's making now and about $300k less than he'd get via arbitration worst case scenario

17 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

My problem with Boeser is the scoring droughts that he gets into. His skating could be a tad faster as well. I do like the fact that he has been producing in front of the net. He is tradeable based on what comes back.  Another issue will be his new contract. Even if he gives a home town discount he will want at least 5 years and likely some kind of NTC. Not to excited about another player with a NTC.  

When he's not scoring he seems to be a meh player at best; but all the metrics and his actual production seem to indicate even when he doesn't put goals in the net he is still an effective middle 6 player.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

If he accepts somewhere between $6x5 then yeah keep him, otherwise trade his flow out of here.

I think Brock could probably accept that. Maybe even longer for term. 

He’s a good player, and reports are that he really wants to remain in Vancouver, which is great to hear. 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

again, that's $100k more than he's making now and about $300k less than he'd get via arbitration worst case scenario

Yes, but he would get security with term, and likely some kind of NMC/NTC.  That's additional value to his contract.  It's really upto him.  If he doesn't wanna re-sign for something like that, it'll probably be clear for JR/PA to move him this TDL.

Boeser should be in the bumper position on the PP, if anything he’s more of a distraction for coverage as he does have a great shot. That would allow Petey to go to the point or down low on the half boards instead of shoot or back to the point. I’d stick Horvat and Garland on the second unit with Podkolzin and have OEL fire pucks through traffic looking for a tip. 
Hoglander or Pearson could fight for that too PP spot left open.

14 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

Boeser should be in the bumper position on the PP, if anything he’s more of a distraction for coverage as he does have a great shot. That would allow Petey to go to the point or down low on the half boards instead of shoot or back to the point. I’d stick Horvat and Garland on the second unit with Podkolzin and have OEL fire pucks through traffic looking for a tip. 
Hoglander or Pearson could fight for that too PP spot left open.

Something I've never been able to understand is when we started to see what Petey could do, before he made the NHL, we all started talking about seeing Petey on right side and Brock on the left side both ripping one timers, yet we've never seen it. Ever.

Hughes on the point feeding these two with Miller down low and Bo in the bumper would be lethal. It makes me sad.

He’s #6 on the board.

Scoop: Trade chatter surrounding Boeser has grown louder in the last number of days as the Canucks’ newly assembled regime settles in ahead of the deadline. With 10 goals in 21 games, no Canuck has benefitted more than Boeser from Bruce Boudreau being behind the bench in Vancouver. Keep in mind: Jim Rutherford has repeatedly stressed that creating salary cap flexibility is key. There are other roster players that can achieve space and freedom, but there is a sense the Canucks are not sold Boeser’s play will be commensurate with the large qualifying offer due to him this summer, which makes him a prime candidate to move. It’s entirely possible that J.T. Miller, who is much more of a driver than Boeser, remains in Vancouver and Boeser is on his way to a new team. Could New Jersey be a fit for Boeser?

29 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

He’s #6 on the board.

sounds like pure speculation and click bait from Frank to me. Rutherford also said Brock is the kind of guy you want to keep, and that there are other possible moves to clear cap that don't include the core players. 

Gotta make the cap work and Van need a RHD...

I know most want Ty smith from NjD but hear me out. what if Jim takes a shot at getting Subban for a cheap deal in the offseason? gets an early head start and it makes the cap work for the specific player I would like.

To Van:

Pk Subban %50 retained

Dawson Mercer

Kevin Bahl 

To NJD:

Brock Boeser

B level Prospect 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JM_ said:

sounds like pure speculation and click bait from Frank to me. Rutherford also said Brock is the kind of guy you want to keep, and that there are other possible moves to clear cap that don't include the core players. 

Keep or trade, Brock is the guy they need to figure out first.  He's the one with a contract coming due.  If a trade is to happen, I'd put money down that it would be Boeser first.

Miller can wait.  Other teams know Miller is available, if they want him, they can come with their best offer.  There's no need for JR/PA to making the phone calls right now.

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Keep or trade, Brock is the guy they need to figure out first.  He's the one with a contract coming due.  If a trade is to happen, I'd put money down that it would be Boeser first.

Miller can wait.  Other teams know Miller is available, if they want him, they can come with their best offer.  There's no need for JR/PA to making the phone calls right now.

I think they figure out how to keep Demko, Hughes, OEL, Pettersson, Boeser and Miller.

Unless someone better than any of those come up as possible acquisition, I don’t see them going anywhere.

7 minutes ago, Me_ said:

I think they figure out how to keep Demko, Hughes, OEL, Pettersson, Boeser and Miller.

Unless someone better than any of those come up as possible acquisition, I don’t see them going anywhere.

You know where I stand with this team.  I think they're not that far off from being solid contenders.  A "decent" year from Petey and Boeser and this team looks completely different.

• Vintage 1

On 2/15/2022 at 3:09 PM, Jester13 said:

Something I've never been able to understand is when we started to see what Petey could do, before he made the NHL, we all started talking about seeing Petey on right side and Brock on the left side both ripping one timers, yet we've never seen it. Ever.

Hughes on the point feeding these two with Miller down low and Bo in the bumper would be lethal. It makes me sad.

Instead we got a stagnant PP that killed itself with Hughes & Miller playing cutesy catch until either time ran out or pressure turned the puck over.

57 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You know where I stand with this team.  I think they're not that far off from being solid contenders.  A "decent" year from Petey and Boeser and this team looks completely different.

Something happened between Green and Pettersson, Horvat, Boeser and Miller.

Glad it’s over and the team is firing on all cylinders.