The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

22 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Yourw comparing a player who gets more prime opportunity to put up points vs one who plays lower down the depth chart.  Zacha was drafted 6th overall  is bigger, stronger and faster than boeser.  He can play all 3 forward positions.  The upside for zacha is high compared to brock who just gets slower and softer every yr.

Zacha has been described by NJ fans as a big guy that plays small. There’s a reason Boeser plays up in a top 6 and Zacha plays in a bottom 6. It’s their play styles Boeser can hang with top 6 talent and provide offence. The same has never been shown for Zacha. I do like Zacha as a player but we already have two expensive third liners in Pearson and Dickinson don’t really want to add another one at the cost of a top 6 player.

1 hour ago, Harold Drunken said:

Boeser - 241P in 303 Games, 0.79 PPG

Zacha - 169 P in 367 Games, 0.46 PPG

This.

Zacha is a year younger, faster, and much cheaper. That's good stuff. But he also puts up far fewer points, and he's been in the league long enough that it seems to me he's already hit his ceiling. He's also a team-worst -20... though Boeser is a team-worst -7 as well.

In the end, I think Boeser is a noticeably better player overall, and as such should command a premium if traded - despite having not the best year so far. I will say though, I'll be say if and when he is traded. He's a really great guy, and he wants to be here.

Edited by kloubek

1 hour ago, kloubek said:

This.

Zacha is a year younger, faster, and much cheaper. That's good stuff. But he also puts up far fewer points, and he's been in the league long enough that it seems to me he's already hit his ceiling. He's also a team-worst -20... though Boeser is a team-worst -7 as well.

In the end, I think Boeser is a noticeably better player overall, and as such should command a premium if traded - despite having not the best year so far. I will say though, I'll be say if and when he is traded. He's a really great guy, and he wants to be here.

Boeser has had the luxury of playing on the top 2 lines for quite some time..  points add up there.

His puck skills and skating are as thick as onion paper.

Zacha has a better ceiling if given Boesers opportunities.   Boudreau would see that.

Its the same way Lamikko is being turned into a 2 line C.

14 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Boeser has had the luxury of playing on the top 2 lines for quite some time..  points add up there.

His puck skills and skating are as thick as onion paper.

Zacha has a better ceiling if given Boesers opportunities.   Boudreau would see that.

Its the same way Lamikko is being turned into a 2 line C.

This argument doesn’t hold water in my mind. How do you know Zacha would have a higher ceiling if he faced the other teams top line/top checkers and top d men like Boeser does.  People just assume that if you put a guy on a top line he will magically become better.  Maybe there’s a reason that Zacha doesn’t get those opportunities , it’s not like he hasn’t been given enough time.  He’s another Steve Bernier with a cool sounding Euro name that people think means high ceiling lol 

3 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Yourw comparing a player who gets more prime opportunity to put up points vs one who plays lower down the depth chart.  Zacha was drafted 6th overall  is bigger, stronger and faster than boeser.  He can play all 3 forward positions.  The upside for zacha is high compared to brock who just gets slower and softer every yr.

A study at UBC business school found that NHL players peak at age 28, Brock just turned 25 a week ago :picard:

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I like the concept, and I would really like Provorov on the Canucks. I had the thought of Horvat going to PHI as well. They need real help at C. Does Provorov make sense though?  He's a LD, so would they use Hughes as a RD?

OEL - Myers

Provorov - Hughes

Also, can they afford him? He makes $6.750 for 3 more years.

Philly doesn't need help at center, They lost their top 2C to injury. for the season or most of in Hayes case. They have been killed with the injury bug all year especially at C.  Provorov and Hughes sounds like a good a pairing. BB going there makes more sesne to me in a Provy trade.

• Cheers 1

Just reading the NJ boards, Zacha not dressed tonight. Not Covid related, not enough info to know

but.. interesting reading NJ fans perspective on Zacha

a NOT unusual sentiment it seems (quote from a post) 

I pray Zacha aint in the lineup tonight because a trade is about to happen. I can't wait for the day to come when I wakeup to read confirmed news Zacha traded for X

yeah … doesn’t inspire much confidence to give up one of our best forwards, a guy who led our team in scoring last year, for Zacha.  

if Brock goes .. please get a dman back… we don’t need Zacha 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Darius said:

Just reading the NJ boards, Zacha not dressed tonight. Not Covid related, not enough info to know

I pray Zacha aint in the lineup tonight because a trade is about to happen. I can't wait for the day to come when I wakeup to read confirmed news Zacha traded for X

yeah … doesn’t inspire much confidence to give up one of our best forwards, a guy who led our team in scoring last year, for Zacha.  

Zacha would be a 3rd piece.  A young NHL ready player and a 1st would be the centerpieces of the package.

15 minutes ago, Darius said:

considering how Canucks fans talk about their players, I'd say that maybe fn opinion isn't exactly a bell weather metric

Just now, stawns said:

considering how Canucks fans talk about their players, I'd say that maybe fn opinion isn't exactly a bell weather metric

But it seems to be a common theme. I’m actually surprised at how many want to unload him.. I know that message boards aren’t always accurate  but to me it’s a red flag… 

Just now, Darius said:

But it seems to be a common theme. I’m actually surprised at how many want to unload him.. I know that message boards aren’t always accurate  but to me it’s a red flag… 

I'd have no issues with Zacha being involved in a bigger deal

• Like 1

Just now, stawns said:

I'd have no issues with Zacha being involved in a bigger deal

Zacha is very similar to Miller.  At the same age Miller was getting sent to the minors by AV.  Their ceilings are very similar.  It's whether Zacha has Miller's character?  

If BB6 won’t sign a cheaper deal than his qualifying offer, then PA has to shop him at the deadline or the draft? Can’t afford him at 7.5. Sucks that we couldn’t take advantage of BB6 and EP40 during their ELC’s and make a deep run. Let’s hope Brock catches fire over the next few weeks and see what is offered for him. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Darius said:

This argument doesn’t hold water in my mind. How do you know Zacha would have a higher ceiling if he faced the other teams top line/top checkers and top d men like Boeser does.  People just assume that if you put a guy on a top line he will magically become better.  Maybe there’s a reason that Zacha doesn’t get those opportunities , it’s not like he hasn’t been given enough time.  He’s another Steve Bernier with a cool sounding Euro name that people think means high ceiling lol 

Zacha holds and carry’s the puck better than Boeser.

He is also stronger on the boards and a better skater.

My opinion.  From watching both players play.

Boeser had become a one trick pony, who opposing teams know will cough up the puck under pressure or button hook up boards.

Boeser IS overrated.

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

Zacha is 3rd in ice time and 3rd in powerplay time amongst forwards on New Jersey. He's also had over 60% offensive zone starts, he has had ample opportunities to pad his stats to no avail.

Zacha dosent play with a Horvat Miller Petteresen Garland Motte Lam or Highmore.

all better players for Zacha Chemically.

my opinion.

.. yes, I can have my opinion.

it dosent mean a trade will happen.

Edited by SilentSam

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

Zacha is 3rd in ice time and 3rd in powerplay time amongst forwards on New Jersey. He's also had over 60% offensive zone starts, he has had ample opportunities to pad his stats to no avail.

His +/- is that bad even with 60% Ozone starts? Jeez.