The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov 24, 2021 4 PM PDT | Normal GDT Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

49 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Jarry is playing really well, Canucks ae going to actually need production from their stars in this one. I know, what a reach. 

Too bad the Canucks couldn't do a do-over with this season. To think a lot of us had them right up there with EDM and VGK before the season began. It's been so disappointing.  I'm ready for a real shake up.  A trade for a bottom pairing C or a depth Dman isn't going to cut it. 

i blame myself.... for the first time ever i put $$ on them to win the cup   :sadno:

17 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Took the dog for a walk.

While out, my wife texted...

Wife: 'Miller traded to the Devils'

Me: F**k

Me: For who?

Wife: Kuokkanen, Okhotyuk and a 2nd

Me: Really?! Just checked CDC...they're not saying anything

Wife: Sorry, you're right. The story is what this site I am on thinks should happen

:mellow:

I'm sending her back to wife school. 

I read that site. 

I like the 2nd trade option...Chiasson for a 3rd round pick. ::D

The 3rd trade option was a hail mary...QH for Bahl + Boquist + 1st 2022 + 1st 2023.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Not sure you have watched many Hawks games before and after the change.

JC was not a great coach but him being fired isn't why they have better numbers.

The difference is 100% on MAF nothing else.

Look at their last 3 games, they were on part for how they have played since the switch, 2 points out of six and were badly outplayed in all 3 games, MAF and the post got the win and he kept them in the flames game.

You guys can blame TG but the simple facts are guys who've excelled under him haven't put the puck in the net and the pk is at 50%.

We are 3rd in GA 5on5 (29) 2nd best in the west, even with the same pathetic output from the guys with their head up there arses if our pk was mid-pack we would be 2nd in the pacific.

I said a couple of weeks ago that they will turn things around and the last couple of games look a lot better, while at the same time I said the Oilers will flounder once their pp slows down and their terrible 5on5 gets exposed.

They have given up 41 GA 5on5 and aside from McDrai have carried them the last 10 games, everyone else has  regressed. 

Feel free to remind me of this post down the road but the nucks will be going on a run and finish ahead of the Oilers with TG as the coach.

I agree that lets see, how long it will last - since King, is a rookie NHL coach.

4 hours ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

I’ve got a question for you that I probably already know the answer to, but what the hell let’s try it. You hate JB, always have, in every post you have made from the beginning and subsequently for every move/non-move he’s ever done. Here you’re saying you’d criticize Benning if he trades Miller, fair enough, I’d be with you on that one. So if Benning doesn’t trade Miller will you give him credit for not making a panic move? That doesn’t mean you have to change your views on his overall job performance, but will you be able to be objective if he does something you also want, ie keeping Miller?

Well I haven’t always disliked him.

when he was hired I was excited here’s a guy that has a reputation of drafting well. 
Things went sideways when he started trading away picks to find guys that were placeholders guys he could have easily found equals to and gotten them for free off waivers.

so after year two when it was clear his goal was to put together at all cost a team that would be on its best days mediocre and be a fringe wildcard (which he’s failed at) team yes I began to strongly dislike the no direction direction he was going. 

to answer the Miller or other top six player he maybe shopping you want me to say good job for not screwing this team any further by not making a panic job saving Hail Mary. 
sure I’ll say if he doesn’t do anything then great since I have zero confidence in his abilities to do anything other than make excuses.

Jim good job for not screwing this team up any further. 

Thank Jim. 

• Huggy Bear 1

27 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Good points; but it will come down, to who will be making the decision.  If the leadership group remains (including the staff), remains then we can expect the same mediocre solutions.

In my (somewhat realistic?) dream scenario, those changes would be made in the offseason. 

- trade 2-3 of Miller, Horvat, Boeser, Pearson for ~20yo players + a few 2022 draft picks, before this year's TDL

- let Green tank this team to a top 5 pick 

- have a solid, busy draft (~8 picks, on top of the top 5 selection) in order to restock the cupboards 

- fire JB and Green and replace with veteran coaching staff and a GM that can keep Aqua's hands to himself 

- inject acquired, now 21yo, players + the top 5 pick into the lineup and hopefully start trending upwards

- following year, inject hopefully some more hits from this year's busy draft into the lineup (so, 2-3 guys on ELCs)

- Stanley Cup? 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

49 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Took the dog for a walk.

While out, my wife texted...

Wife: 'Miller traded to the Devils'

Me: F**k

Me: For who?

Wife: Kuokkanen, Okhotyuk and a 2nd

Me: Really?! Just checked CDC...they're not saying anything

Wife: Sorry, you're right. The story is what this site I am on thinks should happen

:mellow:

I'm sending her back to wife school. 

If VC didn't post it, it isn't true

Edited by EmilyM
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

In my (somewhat realistic?) dream scenario, those changes would be made in the offseason. 

- trade 2-3 of Miller, Horvat, Boeser, Pearson for ~20yo players + a few 2022 draft picks, before this year's TDL

- let Green tank this team to a top 5 pick 

- have a solid, busy draft (~8 picks, on top of the top 5 selection) in order to restock the cupboards 

- fire JB and Green and replace with veteran coaching staff and a GM that can keep Aqua's hands to himself 

- inject acquired, now 21yo, players + the top 5 pick into the lineup and hopefully start trending upwards

- following year, inject hopefully some more hits from this year's busy draft into the lineup (so, 2-3 guys on ELCs)

- Stanley Cup? 

I like this plan in theory, but as soon as Petey + at LEAST one of Boeser or Horvat find their game, we might not be bad enough to finish with a top 5 pick and not good enough for a wildcard spot with how far we've already fallen.

Of course we could never root for Petey to struggle all year long, but as soon as he finds his game I think the team goes from poor to mediocre.

I don't think we can wait for the trade deadline. But at the same time I don't think JB should be the one making the moves that'll set this team on a new course.

This situation sucks.

Just now, EmilyM said:

I like this plan in theory, but as soon as Petey + at LEAST one of Boeser or Horvat find their game, we might not be bad enough to finish with a top 5 pick and not good enough for a wildcard spot with how far we've already fallen.

Of course we could never root for Petey to struggle all year long, but as soon as he finds his game I think the team goes from poor to mediocre.

I don't think we can wait for the trade deadline. But at the same time I don't think JB should be the one making the moves that'll set this team on a new course.

This situation sucks.

If Petey + Horvat/Boeser find their game, but Miller, Horvat/Boeser & Person are gone, I seriously doubt this team is making it out of the basement..

Also, we could wait till the trade deadline.. why do you say we couldn't?

1 minute ago, 'NucK™ said:

If Petey + Horvat/Boeser find their game, but Miller, Horvat/Boeser & Person are gone, I seriously doubt this team is making it out of the basement..

Also, we could wait till the trade deadline.. why do you say we couldn't?

I can agree with your first sentence.

But if we wait til the deadline, I think we're going to be too good for the basement by then. There are too many peaks and valleys in an NHL season and we're obviously in a deep, deep valley right now. In the next 40+ or however many games there are before the TD, a team comprised of all the aforementioned players are too good to be a basement team all year long and not good enough to be a playoff team.