The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 24, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Then he'll eventually face the consequences financially. Fans aren't always going to come to the games. If the team's trash, they will vote with their money. He'll make changes (Francesco) because it'll hit his pocket eventually. 

Oh ya. That rink is going to be empty in no time. I hope it's a ghost town in there. Maybe then Aqua will realize the importance of hiring experienced, veteran help. And most importantly,  leave them alone to do their job.

Edited by rekker

8 minutes ago, triangulate said:

~sigh~

Its so disappointing.

I found myself watching the Caps v Habs game instead and just flicking back to see how much the nucks were losing by.

Surely said straw is making its way to the camel's back real soon?

I'd say it's probably already there. 

1 minute ago, playboi19 said:

Petey and Boeser got into a fight or something? The team is in turmoil i'm guessing some team members are fighting.

Young supremely talented players don't just fall off a cliff like this.

Alexander Daigle says “Bonjour!”.

Nail Yakupov says “Smirnoff!”

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Oh ya. That rink is going to be empty on no time. I hope it's a ghost town in there. Maybe then Aqua will realize the importance of hiring experienced, veteran help. And most importantly,  leave them alone to do their job.

Yep. And he better not push this $&!# narrative that we're not a "sports town" I'll lose my &^@#ing $&!# if he says that. 

Put a &^@#ing decent product, with a &^@#ing plan, and this city is all over that team

8 &^@#ing years of mediocrity, and I wouldn't even say it's mediocre, it's a $&!# show this &^@#ing season. A tire fire. We are a proud hockey town, and specifically Canucks Nation, and this $&!# show from ownership to management all the way down to the coaching and the players has been an absolute disgrace for this organization AND this city. 

• Cheers 1

Green needs to be replaced immediately.

Benning replaced In the offseason.

Demko, Horvat, Hughes should be the core with everyone else on the table. 
OEL is here to stay, for better or worse.

That’s the carrots, celery, and onions base of a team. We just need to trade until we find top talent that is actually consistently top end. 

22 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That's true.  But as we all know it is much easier to fire the coach than to trade 20 players.  If the team has quit on the coach, what exactly do you do? 

Fire the coach. Like I said before, that's step one in my opinion. I just felt that peticular clip sounded more directed towards the players then the coach. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nergish said:

Green needs to be replaced immediately.

Benning replaced In the offseason.

Demko, Horvat, Hughes should be the core with everyone else on the table. 
OEL is here to stay, for better or worse.

That’s the carrots, celery, and onions base of a team. We just need to trade until we find top talent that is actually consistently top end. 

Hughes gave that beautiful pass..... to set up the Penguins goal....LOL

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You know your team is screwed when your #1 centre has the same amount of ice time as your #6 defenceman...

Each time Petey has stepped on the ice, I've been hoping that I would see some magic. But for at least 90 percent of his shifts, Petey hasn't looked like a top 6 forward at ll. His game is ill-fitted to play 3rd or 4th line so there's no place for him right now. Very concerned and sad. :sadno:

• Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Those players never won the Calder trophy or were nominated for it.  They were crap as soon as they played their first NHL game...

That wasn’t part of the posters’ argument. In any case, talented players do fall off a cliff from time to time. I don’t think it’s the case definitively with EP, but it’s a possibility. 

• Upvote 1

At this point, firing Green and promoting Shaw as interim coach makes the most sense. They don't bleed too much $$$ so Aquillini will accept that proposal.

I don't even care if losing is on Green or on the players. Refusing to make a change is another way of saying let's just continue on with what's going on, that is, to lose.

Then, make minor modifications to the roster and see how things play out.

If we miss the playoffs (very likely at this point), JB is out at the end of the season.

A new GM comes in and hires his own coach (or keep Shaw if he has done well).

• Cheers 3