The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Nov. 26, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

“I’ve been skating on the Detroit 2 profile for some years now,” said Pettersson. “Always thought it felt good.”

That’s a surprise, as the Detroit 2 profile isn’t the typical choice for a slick offensive player like Pettersson. In fact, it’s a common profile for goaltenders.

Give him back his Detroit 2 profiles and see him shine once again... maybe he is mad because the coaches made him change profiles?  Easy solution... maybe he is just learning his new skates it's all probably another 3 years till he figures out how to skate again 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, eeeeergh said:

I'd probably agree with you but the structure looks exactly the same as it did last year, just without our best penalty killers (Edler, Beagle, Sutter).

Still the same passive formation 

I dunno Columbus pk last year wasn't great either below league avg and their defense was horrible. Prolly part of the reason why Columbus didn't even offer him a chance at interview for head coach while offering the other assistant an interview 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

There is truth in the thought that adding 11 players can set a team back for a while . It takes time to jell.

That doesn't explain what we are seeing from Petey . Even Boeser.

Petey is at least generating chances.   I cant remember the last time boeser generated a scoring chance on his own.  We see podz, hogz, Garland doing it multiple times a game.  The issue with boeser is that hes too slow, and hes too soft to make anything happen. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

“I’ve been skating on the Detroit 2 profile for some years now,” said Pettersson. “Always thought it felt good.”

That’s a surprise, as the Detroit 2 profile isn’t the typical choice for a slick offensive player like Pettersson. In fact, it’s a common profile for goaltenders.

Give him back his Detroit 2 profiles and see him shine once again... maybe he is mad because the coaches made him change profiles?  Easy solution... maybe he is just learning his new skates it's all probably another 3 years till he figures out how to skate again 

Looks more like hes using goalie skates.