The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Kane, Evander @50% do we want him ?

Kane, Evander @50% would you take him ?  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, gurn said:

Seems nobody wants Kane.

Shocking.... Guy was in the top percent of the league in points last year and plays a style in theory every team in the NHL would want, but no one will take him even at a retained salary. If all things were even he would easily be worth his contract based off his on ice play. I wonder why no one has traded for him yet :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Shocking.... Guy was in the top percent of the league in points last year and plays a style in theory every team in the NHL would want, but no one will take him even at a retained salary. If all things were even he would easily be worth his contract based off his on ice play. I wonder why no one has traded for him yet :rolleyes:

Must be something serious, as nobody, including his current team wants him.

Months now, no takers.

• Cheers 1

On 11/28/2021 at 4:11 PM, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Kane with 50% retained by the Sharks in exchange for a roster player you hate. Pearson, Dickenson, Poolman, Chassion, take your pick. Kane has a limited NTC with a 3 team list. I have to think Vancouver is on the list if he grew up here.

The Sharks paid real money for him and got 3 years out of him before it came to this. He has 3 years left.

NO NO AND NOT A CHANCE

• Vintage 1

8pts in 5 games so far.  You can be sure that there are a few GMs sitting back and watching how Kane does with his AHL team.  There's no rush at the moment, but as we get closer to the time when teams are fighting for a playoff spot, I think interest will maximize.  Think the losing Oils...:frantic:

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/report-oilers-linked-to-a-trio-of-forwards-in-trade-talks

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, gurn said:

Must be something serious, as nobody, including his current team wants him.

Months now, no takers.

Months?   He just finished his 21 game suspension on Nov 30 th..  and on Dec 22 tested positive for Covid and placed in 10 day isolation protocol with 2 other players on his club.

He also has a 3 team trade list that must be honoured..  so he actually has a say in where he will and won’t go.

The Sharks F’d up..   should have kept it tight and showcased him.

Dosent mean he’s not making money for the next 3 years..  

and it’s seems in the very least SJ will eat at least 50% of what they retain, possibly even more now in what they take back, if they get anything back.

I wouldn't want Kane at 20% of his salary let alone 50% and I would take JT Miller over Kane any day of the week.  He (Kane) has proven to be a cancer in the dressing room and off the ice.  Kane has a ton of work to do on his personal development.  I wish the kid well but not on the Canucks. 

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Months?   He just finished his 21 game suspension on Nov 30 th..  and on Dec 22 tested positive for Covid and placed in 10 day isolation protocol with 2 other players on his club.

He also has a 3 team trade list that must be honoured..  so he actually has a say in where he will and won’t go.

The Sharks F’d up..   should have kept it tight and showcased him.

Dosent mean he’s not making money for the next 3 years..  

and it’s seems in the very least SJ will eat at least 50% of what they retain, possibly even more now in what they take back, if they get anything back.

The players have friends on other teams.  They talk.  Word spreads.  Something is seriously off with Evander.  What has been in the news about his off ice antics and locker room issues over the years is not good.  And there is likely a lot more bad stuff about this guy we aren’t hearing about.  Winnipeg players hated him.  Buffalo same thing.  And the Sharks refuse to have him in their room.  It’s getting worse for him; not better.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

46 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The players have friends on other teams.  They talk.  Word spreads.  Something is seriously off with Evander.  What has been in the news about his off ice antics and locker room issues over the years is not good.  And there is likely a lot more bad stuff about this guy we aren’t hearing about.  Winnipeg players hated him.  Buffalo same thing.  And the Sharks refuse to have him in their room.  It’s getting worse for him; not better.  

Despite all of this, it's possible a desperate GM trades for him 50% retained because for the Sharks it's just about getting rid of him.   The cost actually could be as low as future considerations.    Right now Evander Kane is holding the Sharks hostage with his cap hit, worse then we had it with LE. 

40 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

What’s his buyout look like?  No just kidding, would be dead cap for about a decade but the way SJ is going would be two good pics. 

it looks painful: https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/evander-kane#results

he's owed 21 mil after this year and they can only save about 5 mil of cap. 

but this might be the only option for SJ. No one is going to take him without a significant loss of picks or prospects. 

12 minutes ago, JM_ said:

it looks painful: https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/evander-kane#results

he's owed 21 mil after this year and they can only save about 5 mil of cap. 

but this might be the only option for SJ. No one is going to take him without a significant loss of picks or prospects. 

That actually isn’t terrible, if we were early in a rebuild and was offered a couple firsts I would consider that but then again why would SJ do that as looks like they should be scorching the earth and starting again so why not just buy out. 

3 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

That actually isn’t terrible, if we were early in a rebuild and was offered a couple firsts I would consider that but then again why would SJ do that as looks like they should be scorching the earth and starting again so why not just buy out. 

it is tho when you look at Karlsson, Burns, Vlassic cap hits and time left. Thats a very expensive tank. To keep them from that a team like Buffalo or AZ is for sure demanding an unprotected 1st. 

At the end of the day tho a buyout is likely their best option. 

Would I take him for 50% retained? For sure, he's a decent hockey player with great physical attributes you just cant teach. For the Canucks though it doesn't make sense cap wise. They need the cap to keep the core players together,  BB, JT and Bo all need contracts within the next year and half and there isn't any extra to go around. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

And coaches and Managers speak as well... whatever the issues are it will be known throughout the hockey community...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Sorry Alf ,   You have to show me the quotes by many, to prove how much this human being is hated by so many.   I think it’s words like yours that spread misinformation and hate ..  and I find that unproven type of loose rhetoric and made up opinion that is upsetting the entire world.

Easy for us all to sit in our favourite chairs and think we are experiencing what others do,. Or that we are all witnesses to it.

Hate is a powerful word that destroys.. 

and what we see in words does not create the true picture ..   especially when written by journalists trying to sell you their snake oil.

put the bottle down.

• Vintage 1