The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

9 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

i still think it'll be a big mistake.. just think about it.. we have no one on the roster or the farm capable of playing the role of pearson.. ok great we move him and his 3.25mil cap, and then what? spend the 3.25mil on a younger guy and hope he provides the same contribution or more? or sign another like dickenson where we thought would be a good fit but reality was a terrible fit. imo the only time we should even consider moving pearson is when he's on the last year of his contract and we are out of the playoff at the tdl. and before anyone start saying karlsson klimovich or whoever that russian khl guy that ppl want to sign can replace pearson.. no not really.. even if they can match his production.. they really don't bring the defensive side of things and the sand paper grittiness this team lacks.

Yup. In a perfect world, maybe he's a bit faster and/or we don't have all of him/Boeser/Chiasson/Schenn on the roster... but there's nothing wrong with what Pearson brings, for his cap it.

People who thought otherwise when he was extended, don't know WTF they're talking about.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

ONe of HOrvat or Miller will likely be traded.  Hopefully it's Miller.  But is we sign Miller then Bo would be the man out.

The return for Bo would be a lot.  

No.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

They want home town Austen instead …he will sadly leave TO soon because of playoff failures to chill in the new arena 

7 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

How is that sad?

Uncle Gary will be rubbing his hands with glee. 

Or, the Leafs are bounced early this year and next, but in 2023-24 they do (finally) win it - perish the thought!.

The plot twist would be that the 2024 Leafs are fighting to get a wild card spot. They (still) can't stop goals being scored on them. Matthews is moved at the TDL, because he has told the Leafs he wants out, and he is refusing to play any more games for them. He wants to be moved to Arizona or he would allow his contract to run out, so if they trade him at the TDL, at least the Leafs get something for him.

The package going to the Leafs would include (but not be restricted to): Arizona's 2024 1st, various picks/prospects, plus Erikksson, Beagle and Roussel  (who are all playing well, and have all been signed to very short term, team friendly deals). The defensive leadership from these three former Canucks would give the Leafs the ability to win it all in the finals....

regards,  G.

Edited by Gollumpus

On 4/27/2022 at 2:14 PM, Gollumpus said:

Matthews is moved at the TDL, because he has told the Leafs he wants out, and he is refusing to play any more games for them. He wants to be moved to Arizona or he would allow his contract to run out, so if they trade him at the TDL, at least the Leafs get something for him.

lol so I've noticed more and more people talking about Matthews asking to leave at the end of this contract to go to Arizona. 

Did he say this somewhere that he wants to play back in Ari or is it just a rumor? Because I cannot imagine why he would ever want to leave Toronto for Arizona. They are terrible, they've been terrible, the arenas are empty, at the moment I don't think they are even playing in their arena. It's just a mess, so I don't see why a player of Matthews caliber would wanna go kill his career in the desert. 

Sure maybe he will one day wanna leave Toronto, but I feel like there are so many other hockey cities (including in America) that would make so much more sense to him as a player. 

Anyway not super important just keep noticing this narrative and it feels more like hockey fans who hate the leafs trying to spread this around then it actually being a likely outcome. 

4 hours ago, Bobby James said:

lol so I've noticed more and more people talking about Matthews asking to leave at the end of this contract to go to Arizona. 

Did he say this somewhere that he wants to play back in Ari or is it just a rumor? Because I cannot imagine why he would ever want to leave Toronto for Arizona. They are terrible, they've been terrible, the arenas are empty, at the moment I don't think they are even playing in their arena. It's just a mess, so I don't see why a player of Matthews caliber would wanna go kill his career in the desert. 

Sure maybe he will one day wanna leave Toronto, but I feel like there are so many other hockey cities (including in America) that would make so much more sense to him as a player. 

Anyway not super important just keep noticing this narrative and it feels more like hockey fans who hate the leafs trying to spread this around then it actually being a likely outcome. 

As far as I know it's all speculation, but there will be a long line of people saying, "I called it back 20(whatever)" should it ever occur.

regards,  G.

17 hours ago, Bobby James said:

12 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

As far as I know it's all speculation, but there will be a long line of people saying, "I called it back 20(whatever)" should it ever occur.

regards,  G.

It would be really ironic if Matthews left Toronto to go home to Arizona, the same way Tavares left NY to go home to Toronto.

8 hours ago, HKSR said:

It would be really ironic if Matthews left Toronto to go home to Arizona, the same way Tavares left NY to go home to Toronto.

Yup. Toronto Maple Leaves...

Matthews will (probably) always get paid where-ever he decides to play, so I suppose it will come down to his desire to win a Cup (assuming he hasn't won one with the Leafs) vs playing in his home town, regardless of what the team looks like.

regards,  G.

9 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I don't think Arizona's new 5000 seat arena will generate enough revenue to pay Mathews...unless he takes a HUGE home team discount :bigblush:

Revenue sharing will pay Matthews his 15 x 7 from the Yotes.  And the best part is most of that money actually comes from the Leafs’ fans!  :lol:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I don't think Arizona's new 5000 seat arena will generate enough revenue to pay Mathews...unless he takes a HUGE home team discount :bigblush:

So we’re trading Matthew’s to Arizona now?

Cool.

Forums are funny.

15 hours ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I didn't realise we had Matthews on the team.

4992847.jpg

Why is Matthews even being discussed?

Edited by The Lock
  • Haha 1

On 4/27/2022 at 1:04 PM, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

You sure it'll just be his hands?  He might also want to gleefully rub his p...ocketbook.  Uh.  Yeah, pocketbook.  :ph34r:

2021-22 $9,600,000

He makes more than most NHL players.  That is why he always have a smile on his face, even when he is booed by the fans.  He can go to the rub and tub every day and twice on Sundays after church.

On 3/10/2022 at 2:01 PM, Jester13 said:

Brock is a goal scoring sniper who is playing great since Boudreau came along. I see getting rid of Brock as a major risk, as his skating has hindered him this year after an early season injury. Even so, he has since revamped his game quite a lot this year and is now getting greasy goals around the net. Of course, the cap hit is what matters most right now, but trading Brock has the greatest potential of biting us in the arse when he goes elsewhere and continues to produce at the pace he is right now. A good offseason of getting back to 100% could do wonders for him, and I really think locking him up could leave us with a goal scorer producing above his pay grade for many years. 

I think getting something for Motte is a must. I'd like to try and get rid of Poolman before Myers and Hamonic. 

Brock is 25 years old.  He is going into his prime years of his career.

On 4/28/2022 at 3:41 PM, Bobby James said:

He would never leave the bieb..

Lol

On 4/27/2022 at 2:18 AM, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

They want home town Austen instead …he will sadly leave TO soon because of playoff failures to chill in the new arena 

Who? The Maple Leaf who is rocking and going into the playoffs?

why don’t you leave that one alone bud.