The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I agree. I think Bo's camp has management by their balls honestly. 

If they lose him for nothing, then this fan base is going to be all over them. Would I pay to go and see a game next season if this current team is worse? No. I would not. Aquilini thinks he's losing money? If this team gets worse, he's going to be losing all kinds of money from his "toy". 

Fuck you Francesco for allowing this team to get to where it is. Stupid ownership leads to all kinds of stupid decisions. Step away for God's sake. 

But if they trade Bo for a young D, a grade A center prospect, and a 2023 1st round pick, are they really worse off? Especially if the two prospects are expected to join the team in the next year or two? Bo is a good player but sometimes the torch needs to be passed to a new leadership group that will drive performance in all elements of the game...PK, PP, 5v5, etc.

• Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

You don't think Bo could fetch a solid haul including a top six center that just happens to be younger or a prospect? This year would be down the tube potentially...not much different than where the team is at currently. Further trades at the deadline, in what could be a sellers market, and they could have room to target a FA or a trade in the summer.

Why would another team trade you a player that’s already a top 6 and is cheaper younger? That would be a backward trade. A prospect remains a prospect until shown otherwise. A contending team is looking to add on top of their team.. not take a top 6 out for another top 6. Unless this team turns it around. No one is coming to Vancouver as a FA unless we are overpaying out of our ass for them. Who’s lining up to come to this dumpster fire 3 years in a row now? Theres also literally nothing in the FA that would fit this team as a 2c so where we getting a 2c from? 

11 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yes, but if you lose Bo, how do you convince your best player on the team to resign with the team long term? What reasons would Petey want to sign here if they lose their next best centre in Horvat? Miller doesn't inspire confidence. He's in his 30's when Petey will be in his prime. Is that another OEL contract just waiting to happen

Good management is being able to admit that they made a mistake, and correct. This current management seems to be too high on their fucking horse to admit that. That eventually will be their downfall. Benning's management was just plain stupid and idiotic. That man and his team could not manage, let alone build. 

if we ARE LUCKY, the Miller deal was an OEL contract waiting to happen from the minute it was signed

IF WE ARE UNLUCKY IT'S another Loui

8 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yes, but if you lose Bo, how do you convince your best player on the team to resign with the team long term? What reasons would Petey want to sign here if they lose their next best centre in Horvat? Miller doesn't inspire confidence. He's in his 30's when Petey will be in his prime. Is that another OEL contract just waiting to happen

Good management is being able to admit that they made a mistake, and correct. This current management seems to be too high on their fucking horse to admit that. That eventually will be their downfall. Benning's management was just plain stupid and idiotic. That man and his team could not manage, let alone build. 

I know that brother.Pond is same,only little bit more alligators in it.To clear Benning mess you have to give first round pick,then this board would go ballistic.I cant blame someone for mess other guy did.I would be happy to sign Bo.Posible if Brock is traded.What i am nervous is time they taking to solve problem

6 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

But if they trade Bo for a young D, a grade A center prospect, and a 2023 1st round pick, are they really worse off? Especially if the two prospects are expected to join the team in the next year or two? Bo is a good player but sometimes the torch needs to be passed to a new leadership group that will drive performance in all elements of the game...PK, PP, 5v5, etc.

depends on who the young D is right? Who's the grade A centre prospect, and where is the 1st round pick they're choosing from? 

4 minutes ago, Claiborne55 said:

Bo is showing he is a 1C ... not his fault he has been misused in Vancouver.   BO gonna get PAID.  

He will get paid, and Rutherford and Allvin it seems doesn't want to pay Bo what his camp is asking for. 

9 minutes ago, Claiborne55 said:

Bo is showing he is a 1C ... not his fault he has been misused in Vancouver.   BO gonna get PAID.  

Bo could certainly be a number one centre.  On our team though, Bo is a number two C.  Petey is a much better (and more complete) player than Bo, and he is our number one.  

He's almost a goal per game in the last 26 games or so lol. Faceoff king, Probably looks real good to anyone who doesn't watch the Canucks much.. Especially when you stat surf. Tons of TDL value. 23 1st + Blue chipper + another higher pick or roster player easy

We cannot just keep doing the same thing over and over while finishing out of the playoff and out of the top pick range forever. We are the kings of no man's land

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bo could certainly be a number one centre.  On our team though, Bo is a number two C.  Petey is a much better (and more complete) player than Bo, and he is our number one.  

Bo is tasked with much more responsibly.   How many faceoffs is he responsible for?  D Zone.   Put him on a more complete team he will excel even more.  

13 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I think he already has to be honest. I'm preparing for him to leave Van....

I'm not hopeful that management can resign Bo to a value contract. And I don't see Bo wanting that badly to remain here. 

I think anyone hoping for a value contract at this point is dreaming, if he was ever going to sign one of those he'd have probably done it by now. 

Bo was always going to get paid at least close to fair market value with perhaps a small discount imo. 

10 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

management already burnt all the bridges to get bo signed to something reasonable like 7mil. i really don't see bo signing for anything less than Miller at this rate.. JR/PA messed this up so badly i honestly don't see any other choice but to go on a full rebuild once horvat is traded or leaves.. if that does happen the management needs to go into a full on rebuilt right away.. and not waste another year or 2 trying to solve problems they keep on creating. once horvat is gone we are done to EP only as a center and Miller as a fringe center.. so literally our center is so weak there's really not a scenario i can not foresee the canucks being competitive enough the next 2 season.. ep's remaining rfa years.. aka he's going to be traded or tell the management he won't be signing past his rfa years. and we'll literally be stuck with a team with just miller hughes and oel. demko will probably have to be traded too so might as well get the party started early. if they are trading Bo.. do it sooner than later.. i want a chance at bedard not at a 15-16 overall pick thx.

Had they simply paid him earlier they wouldn't be dealing with this now, it'll likely cost them more to keep him now, assuming he even wants to stay.

If Bo goes, and I think there's a pretty good chance of it, suddenly we're definitely a weaker team. 

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

That shooting % is not sustainable.  It'll likely be 10% lower by the end of the season.

It's not, but Bo was on a tear over the last stretch of last season too so it's not as if this came out of nowhere. He should still be good for 30+ goals. 

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

DeBrusk, Zacha, and a 1st? 

I don't think so, Debrusk actually has positive value after how last season went for him. 25 goals and 42 points. Debrusk and a 1st would be closer imo, and we might still have to add a little. 

26 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

He's almost a goal per game in the last 26 games or so lol. Faceoff king, Probably looks real good to anyone who doesn't watch the Canucks much.. Especially when you stat surf. Tons of TDL value. 23 1st + Blue chipper + another higher pick or roster player easy

We cannot just keep doing the same thing over and over while finishing out of the playoff and out of the top pick range forever. We are the kings of no man's land

He'd easily slot onto a number of teams tbh, could be a 1 or 2C for Boston or Carolina as early as next season. Can you imagine him playing for Carolina? With him and Aho as their centers? Staal's 6M and Pacioretty's 7M come off the books amongst other cap bits, they could easily fit him in while re-signing Staal to a shorter term 3C deal. 

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think anyone hoping for a value contract at this point is dreaming, if he was ever going to sign one of those he'd have probably done it by now. 

Bo was always going to get paid at least close to fair market value with perhaps a small discount imo. 

Had they simply paid him earlier they wouldn't be dealing with this now, it'll likely cost them more to keep him now, assuming he even wants to stay.

If Bo goes, and I think there's a pretty good chance of it, suddenly we're definitely a weaker team. 

It's not, but Bo was on a tear over the last stretch of last season too so it's not as if this came out of nowhere. He should still be good for 30+ goals. 

I don't think so, Debrusk actually has positive value after how last season went for him. 25 goals and 42 points. Debrusk and a 1st would be closer imo, and we might still have to add a little. 

He'd easily slot onto a number of teams tbh, could be a 1 or 2C for Boston or Carolina as early as next season. Can you imagine him playing for Carolina? With him and Aho as their centers? Staal's 6M and Pacioretty's 7M come off the books amongst other cap bits, they could easily fit him in while re-signing Staal to a shorter term 3C deal. 

Carolina is my thought too, perfect replacement for Staal, they’re in win now mode, and we would love their 1st and Morrow 

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

Carolina is my thought too, perfect replacement for Staal, they’re in win now mode, and we would love their 1st and Morrow 

I'd root for him in Carolina, they're actually my pick to come out of the East this year 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

30 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

it would have to be equivalent roster hits coming back tho, so Zacha and Debrusk would likely need to come back our way.