The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

sure, but every player has their strengths and weaknesses. If we move Miller out, who's going to replace his 99 points? 

Goodness this again? Pettersson continued improvement, adding Kuzmenko and Mik, Horvat playing with top 6 wingers, Boeser returning to form, more points from the improved D , less goals against from that improved D improving goal differential....

We in fact likely would have been ahead of the game, not the "stepping back" you apparently wake in night terrors from :P All with out a future cap liability, on an aging player, that doesn't fit the core's window.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, have you seen Miller at C earlier this year? He's been fucking horrible. I mean, unless management wants to tank. If they don't want to tank, then they wouldn't put Miller in the middle. Even Boudreau realizes that JT sucks balls playing in the middle, that he moved him to wing. If the head coach of your team doesn't believe in you in the middle, well....

And that's exactly what we'll be looking at with a Horvat trade, Miller will have to slot back over to center. 

Pettersson has been improving but our center depth is still underwhelming. 

If Horvat is dealt I hope it signals a teardown. This team can score but they can't defend consistently worth shit. Five losses this season where we've had multi-goal leads in twelve games. If he goes the rest of this older core certainly ain't worth keeping. If he goes Miller should too, he won't fit the timeline of a rebuilding team. 

• Like 1

It’s too bad we didn’t have a GM who is masterful at trades. Canucks have enough youth that a rebuild seems unnecessary, if we could actually make good trades. A team doesn’t need a rebuild if it’s strong enough at trading. Look at the Jets. 

18 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

And that's exactly what we'll be looking at with a Horvat trade, Miller will have to slot back over to center. 

If Horvat is dealt I hope it signals a teardown. This team can score but they can't defend consistently worth shit. Five losses this season where we've had multi-goal leads in twelve games. If he goes the rest of this older core certainly ain't worth keeping. If he goes Miller should too, he won't fit the timeline of a rebuilding team. 

Aquilini will not allow a rebuild, so expect any trades (of key core guys) to return more mature players, who fit into a “win now” philosophy. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Aquilini will not allow a rebuild, so expect any trades (of key core guys) to return more mature players, who fit into a “win now” philosophy. 

Win now lolololhahahahahahaha 

the Win never is  the FA era. 

Your right we’ll bring in more high quality over paid veterans to create a competitive winning environment for the young guys 

hahahahahahaha. 

Edited by combover
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, combover said:

Win now lolololhahahahahahaha 

the Win never is  the FA era. 

Your right we’ll bring in more high quality over paid veterans to create a winning environment for the young guys 

hahahahahahaha. 

I don’t understand Aquilini’s thinking either.  But he is a fan, like us, so might be attached to players - like us.  And that blurs his vision?  Hopefully he just listens to JR, and allows the experts to do what they believe needs to be done, and stops with his “win now; no steps back” philosophy. 

1 hour ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

Trade Bo, Boeser, Pearson, Myers and other veteran dead wait for assets at the TDL. 

I'd only trade Bo if there was no deal that could get done. Then management has no choice but to sell. 

This five game road trip is going to give us answers as to whether this team is going to make the playoffs or not. I'm more inclined to think they're probably already done. 

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I mean, they've been trying to "win now" for what? 8 years now? one playoff series. This is a joke right? 

Amy Schumer Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yep. Loses have been due to the defensive unit being shit. 

And this off-season, Allvin and Rutherford "tried" to do something to improve the defense. 

I remember what AV used to say, it's a show me what you've done league. It's not a try league. If you want to try, go to the fucking AHL. Get it done, or go somewhere else. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, klw604 said:

Trade Horvat for a haul !

Top prospect

Top young player

1st rounder

3rd rounder

Problem with this, is you'll need a centre to replace Bo, but also need defensive help as well. This team is in such disarray, that if Bo leaves, we have neither. If Horvat leaves, we have neither anyone to replace him, and our defensive unit is still shit

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

I mean, they've been trying to "win now" for what? 8 years now? one playoff series. This is a joke right? 

Amy Schumer Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

We’ve been trying to “win now” since Aquilini bought the team.  It worked with Gillis for a few years.  But after 2012, Gillis knew we needed to rebuild.  The owner forced Torts on us in hopes of “winning now”.  Then Benning.  Now JR.  Same owner and same philosophy.  

Just now, N4ZZY said:

Problem with this, is you'll need a centre to replace Bo, but also need defensive help as well. This team is in such disarray, that if Bo leaves, we have neither. If Horvat leaves, we have neither anyone to replace him, and our defensive unit is still shit

That trade is a rebuilding move.  It’s a good deal, but will not be allowed here. 

13 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Playing like a guy that wants the F out of town. That's a compliment by the way 

Playing like he wants out of town. Until the shootout, then he commandeered the tank. He wants his trade value up, but knows we need to lose for Bedard. If that's not real leadership I dunno what is.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I'd only trade Bo if there was no deal that could get done. Then management has no choice but to sell. 

This five game road trip is going to give us answers as to whether this team is going to make the playoffs or not. I'm more inclined to think they're probably already done. 

Ya hard to see them pull out of this. They really have to go on a run for the rest of the year to even sniff the last wild card spot. Wish they were better but as much as it hurts to say, some changes are needed to reset this team. At least they have some attractive pieces that should yield good returns come the TDL.

5 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

Ya hard to see them pull out of this. They really have to go on a run for the rest of the year to even sniff the last wild card spot. Wish they were better but as much as it hurts to say, some changes are needed to reset this team. At least they have some attractive pieces that should yield good returns come the TDL.

At this point, I'm excited for a rebuild. If our final goal is to make the playoffs, sure by all means keep tinkering with our line up and make some trades that help immediately. If our goal is the cup however, we're clearly way short of that and need a rebuild. No way can this team win the cup. It needs to be gutted and rebuilt 

13 hours ago, Coconuts said:

If we move Bo I hope you're right, because if they try for another retool I'm gonna lose what remaining optimism I have for this management group. 

I've just never seen this as viable. Its just too hard to make the series of moves needed in a timely way to fix everything wrong with this group, imo.