The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

So who becomes captain? Petey or Miller.

Miller is not accountable enough and is too emotional.

Petey has enough responsibility on his shoulders. It would just become another Naslund situation where the burden is too much and eventually grinds him down.

So do we just leave no captain for years?

I would leave it open at least for awhile. The only one I see that could take the responsibility is Schenn, but who know how long he is going to be around. Please not on another star player please. If he doesn't fight, he should at least be able to stick up for his team mates. You know, lead by example?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I may get flamed for this, but I personally LOVE the Mikheyev contract and the player. He has so many unique traits that, in combination, are almost impossible to find. I think the Garland Contract is okay, but it is not great considering how ineffective he has been this season. Ekman-Larsson... I like him, but he is overpaid by about a mil. And Myers?? Womp womp. 

You sir are correct. While the dollar seems high he is worth it. He has scoring, He has speed, He has defensive awareness ( something we lack the most in the league ) and he cost considerably less than all our useless 1 way wingers not named kuzmenko. 

If we actually can't just give Miller away I would make a risky deal. Miller for Sean couturier. When healthy we have a selke C behind EP or he's always hurt and we get to naturally tank ::D

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Does anyone really have confidence that they can get a solid return for Bo the closer we get to the deadline?

They couldn’t do it with Miller, what’s gonna change with Bo?

They’ve shown every other team their hand. 

I don't think they really even tried with Miller. 

• Cheers 1

Personally starting to think Bo has planned to go “high” or go home anyway.

He just saw Brock  go through the despair of not being close to his family as his father aged.

If the Canucks offered him in the 7m’ range,  im sure their was term to compensate any kind of “pairity”.

If all this is true,   It’s been up to Bo all along.

Cant just blame all this on signing Miller, a valued 1.0ppg game player for 5 seasons.

Look at all those other contracts we already have that are overpaying for production.

that’s the disfunctional part of all of this.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

New York's package consisted of a late first, a middle 6 forward, and defenceman who can't play defence.  It was literally their equivalent of Raymond, Ballard, and a first.  The only way that deal makes sense is if we'd immediately traded Lundvist for something that wasn't worse than useless.

You could word it that way............ or you could word it like " A 22 year old, 1st round prospect who was good enough to be the 2C/3C on a very good contending team, a 1st and a defensive prospect " lol you can "spin" it many ways

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

If they move Bo, I doubt Petey re-ups.  Same with Demko, Hughes etc.  Moving Bo signals tear down, imo 

In that case Miller needs to go too. The team will be bad for a few more years and his prime years will be wasted. And imagine how sulky he'll be playing on a team that could be worse than this years.

Just now, Harold Drunken said:

You could word it that way, or you could word it like " A 23 year old, 1st round prospect who was good enough to be the 2C/3C on a very good contending team, a 1st and a defensive prospect " lol you can "spin" it many ways

Yup.  Those three very important pieces and much needed cap space.  That deal would have been a huge win for us.  But our owner refuses any moves that would be seen as a step back.  So management likely wouldn't even look at those offers.  

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

It has, but he didn't say it was their final offer, just the highest they could go at this time, due to cap constraints. He also didn't say it's inevitable, just that it's not looking positive. Everything could change at any moment.

He kinda does:

"The Canucks stretched it to as far as they could go."

"The Canucks will now take the best trade offer for Bo".

Apparently he did specifically say nothing was "eminent", but if this latest offer is "as far as they can go", and if he's claiming something as far as the idea that the Canucks will take the highest offer, that kind of contradicts it not being eminent. 

But you're right - anything can happen. But the only way I can see us affording Bo is if we move another moderate to significant contract... which is something management hasn't been able to do... despite their attempts.

4 hours ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

We were all celebrating the Miller signing in the summer.  Now its the main reason we're going to lose Bo.

I feel like just as many were saying trade him because this team isn't contending anyways...and here we are, I was one of them.

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

In that case Miller needs to go too. The team will be bad for a few more years and his prime years will be wasted. And imagine how sulky he'll be playing on a team that could be worse than this years.

I can't imagine the ineptitude of management if they lose both.  It was easily avoided 

Just now, King Heffy said:

I just wanted to make a decision either way rather than risk him walking for nothing.

I know, I agree. I feel like the package was for whatever reason kinda underwhelming as well, it was just missing one was piece IMO....don't know what piece....maybe it was missing a bigger name....we all wanted Schneider but that wasn't going to happen...Kakko has been underwhelming and they weren't moving on from Lafreniere. It just didn't seem like enough. 

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

Part of me believes Bo wants a change of scenery. Sometimes players simply want to leave their current situation regardless of their stature within the organization. Can’t blame him for chasing the bag either. 

Yup Bo has every right to leave this dump

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

I can't imagine the ineptitude of management if they lose both.  It was easily avoided 

Toffoli

Markstrom

Tanev

Edler

All walked for free under previous management as well. This franchise didn't get A SINGLE ASSET back from those 4 leaving in FA. Let that sink in too. 

Vezina candidate goalie

Top 4 defenseman

Top 6 forward

Veteran Defenseman

0 picks, 0 prospects, 0 players in return. Playoff chances or not, you have to look further in the future than that. Even then, you HAVE to find a way to get something for at least a couple of those guys. 

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1