The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

2 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

We need to trade Bo asap and get a young player,great prospect and 1st asap.  

Then trade Brock and Miller as other teams will want to load up. 

If Kuz doesn't resign then trade him and Schenn.  

We could get picks,prospects and a young players or two on the team.

Looking at the standings we are only four games (losses combined with the bottom teams winning) from having the best odds for Bedard. 

• There it is 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

I sure hope this Bo trade talk is all a way to negotiate the best possible contract with our captain.  And at the last minute he signs with us.  

Alfie, you guaranteed he would resign here; are you now down to hope? I would have preferred a Miller trade than a Bo trade, but now that management decided to go with Miller, Bo is our best bet to get a rhd and build up our prospect pool.  Management fu*ked up, but we now need to trade Bo for as much as we can get. I just hope its not all reclamation projects aged 25 or 26. We need another first round pick this year. 

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

What does this mean?  We aren’t wanting picks but (instead) younger players?  So we’d rather have a bustaroo bonsai (Byfield) then a high pick?  

image.gif.f3e2f4509cda14224b59411e265e3ec2.gif

LA is most certainly not trading Byfield - they've also shown so much patience with their young players eg Kempe, Vilardi who took years to break out.  They went into a rebuild to get Byfield, Clarke etc - they are ear-marked as their next core.  Kind of defeats the whole purpose of going into a rebuild if you trade them for win now players.  

Also given their needs it would be rather surprising if they divert assets to bring in Horvat when they have such a goaltending issue and their D-corps construction is a mess.  They also are limited cap wise.  

Also why would Horvat want to sign with any team where he is immediately pegged at C3 - not that teams would even pay him the money he wants.  It's known that Boston is going to have to replace Bergeron - why wouldn't he try to see if there's a fit there before taking a lesser role.  

Edited by mll
  • There it is 1

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

For Schenn or similar perhaps. He's a 3rd pair RHD, who aren't exactly hard to find/we aren't lacking. He doesn't look like he's a long term solution in our top 4 and shouldn't be a major piece in a Horvat deal IMO.

Callan Foote could play with Hughes. At the very least he would be our top PK’er on the right side, so even if he’s on the 3rd pairing he will still be playing 17-18 minutes a night. At the very least he’s an upgrade on Myers and Burroughs. Also, at 24 he could still get better. If Adam Foote is our assistant coach then that might be a no brainer to trade for him. 

• There it is 2

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Three players.

Two roster and a top prospect is what he said.

Remember not all the teams interested are contenders. There are non playoff teams looking to trade for him and sign him. Detroit is apparently very interested.

In that same segment Friedman says it's not believed that the Canucks will allow teams to talk to Horvat.  That's taking quite the risk for teams who are out of the playoffs and can't really waste assets if they want to take that next step.  There's that 8th year but can that really compete with being C1 on an immediate contender even if only for 7 years. 

Horvat has repeatedly said he's fed up of missing the playoffs.  Will he really take a gamble on a team that's at the cusp but not yet there.  He also saw how that went in Vancouver where they thought they could compete after the bubble, and even from last season once Boudreau took over to this season.

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Three players.

Two roster and a top prospect is what he said.

Remember not all the teams interested are contenders. There are non playoff teams looking to trade for him and sign him. Detroit is apparently very interested.

Bo isn’t going to re-sign with a non playoff team or a team on the cusp of making the playoffs. He wants to be on a legitimate contender after spending most of his career, playing meaningless games. 

Wouldn’t even surprise me if he took less than market value to play for a contending team.

Edited by shiznak
  • There it is 2

1 hour ago, mll said:

In that same segment Friedman says it's not believed that the Canucks will allow teams to talk to Horvat.  That's taking quite the risk for teams who are out of the playoffs and can't really waste assets if they want to take that next step.  There's that 8th year but can that really compete with being C1 on an immediate contender even if only for 7 years. 

Horvat has repeatedly said he's fed up of missing the playoffs.  Will he really take a gamble on a team that's at the cusp but not yet there.  He also saw how that went in Vancouver where they thought they could compete after the bubble, and even from last season once Boudreau took over to this season.

Bo should be a career Canuck, but because of inept management and meddling ownership thinking they know how to run a franchise, this team has made the playoffs once (and even that's debateable) the last 10 years. This is a God awful organization, that treats its workers like shit. You know where that sort of culture comes from? It comes from the top. We lose Bo because piss poor decisions have been made. 

I'd like some brave media to ask Rutherford face on and Allvin for God's sake, because he is technically the GM of this team, how they could publicly say all the stuff they said about their head coach, Boudreau, and think that was professionalism at the highest levels? I'd like Rutherford and Allvin to say that it was professional with a straight face, and then get crucified for saying it publicly. Good Lord. Jim was supposed to bring respectability to this franchise, not burn it down. Good God. 

• There it is 1

20 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Wouldn’t even surprise me if he took less than market value to play for a contending team.

This is what will happen. 

Captain Canuck no more. 

Guess I'll have to sell my Bo jersey. 

The longer this goes on the happier I am for Bo to be leaving this organisation and play some real hockey with a playoff team, he deserves it. If we're in this same position in 5 years time you'd say the same about Petey and Hughes.

Hope Schenn goes with him, what a package that'd be for a playoff team for 6M. Would get any contender over the hump.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nigerian said:

I’d make a hefty bet we don’t get anywhere NEAR what everyone is thinking Horvat gets. Feel free to bring this quote back up once Horvat gets traded for Lysell and a first or second rounder with us retaining salary. Watch it happen.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised. Rutherford and Allvin hasn't done a ton of good so far into their time here. I don't care what the previous regime did or did not do, it's what this current regime is or is not doing, and they've done a lot of nothing. Treated their head coach like crap, it's so bad that it's getting international news. Like, how bad do you have to be running your franchise, that press from outside of North America is picking up the story of a piss poor runned franchise? 

And I can tell you that Francesco is 1. a poor businessman. Doesn't seem like anything he does leads to any sort of success, 2. He's not a leader. When the going gets tough, he hides, and he becomes silent. That's not a leader. It's a coward. Francesco's best move is either to hire the best hockey minds out there, and let them do their damn jobs, or sell the team, and enjoy someone else run the franchise with much more respect and dignity. The man has brought this franchise to its knees. Like, this is worse than the Messier era. THE MESSIER ERA. Do you know how frickin bad we have to be from top to bottom as an organization to be worse than the most hated person that has worn Canuck colors? 

I haven't watched a game for a while now. 

I haven't bought merchandise. 

I refuse to support a shitty product on the ice, and an owner who from the looks of things, is incompetent and is a coward, treats people poorly. 

I refuse to support management who treats their head coach like shit, and drag him through the mud publicly while they stand behind, whatevers. 

This team is shit. This owner is crap. This management team, as "diverse" as they were originally touted to be, is garbage. 

Until things improve drastically, I'm not spending a f**king dime on this team. 

Good night. 

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Callan Foote could play with Hughes. At the very least he would be our top PK’er on the right side, so even if he’s on the 3rd pairing he will still be playing 17-18 minutes a night. At the very least he’s an upgrade on Myers and Burroughs. Also, at 24 he could still get better. If Adam Foote is our assistant coach then that might be a no brainer to trade for him. 

It would be a big mistake to have a coach’s son be in the locker room. 

• There it is 1

4 hours ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

Bruce is wise last year we needed some wins to prove a point this year Uncle Bruce knew we needed to lose once again gave us what’s best for us …silly Rocket Tocchet better not make us win!

8A3F702A-A5DD-4688-A899-1C4ADF120238.jpeg

He ain’t winning with that goaltending. Bring Scotty Bowman here or whoever. No one is winning with Martin as the starter. 

However, I expect the games to be tighter. 

8 hours ago, mll said:

Which immediate Stanley Cup contender is going to sign Horvat in the summer to a 9x7 deal?  Or is he going to take a massive discount to play for a winner?

Out of the 4 teams that are in the final running for Horvat, only Boston is an immediate contender, and that is only for this year.  If Bergeron and Krejci are gone and Pastrnak takes up $11 million in cap space then I am not sure they will be an immediate contender next year.

• There it is 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Which immediate Stanley Cup contender is going to sign Horvat in the summer to a 9x7 deal?  Or is he going to take a massive discount to play for a winner?

Out of the 4 teams that are in the final running for Horvat, only Boston is an immediate contender, and that is only for this year.  If Bergeron and Krejci are gone and Pastrnak takes up $11 million in cap space then I am not sure they will be an immediate contender next year.

He should have enough interest to be able to decide what's more important to him.  Given his comments on the playoffs I would expect that landing on a contending team is priority over breaking the bank but who knows.

If he wants 9M - he better believe that he can play C1.  Boston might take a step back by swapping Bergeron for Horvat but doubt Horvat would see it that way.  You don't ask for that kind of money and think you can't play the role.  

With how Vancouver has been operating the last few years and Rutherford's statements it will look something like this

Vancouver trades: Bo Horvat

Seattle trades: Jared McCann, Kole Lind, Eli Tolvanen, 2024 2nd round pick

This would be the single most Vancouver thing to do under this new management group.