The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

Honestly I'm starting to get worried that if management doesn't take an offer soon, Horvat's either going to get injured or offers are going to start drying up and the return will be pitiful. I had hoped Horvat would remain a Canuck much longer, but at this point I'm just hoping management makes a trade within the next 2 weeks. 

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Horvat missed an open net tonight.  And lost more faceoffs than he won. The trade needs to happen ASAP before his value drops considerably. 

58% in face offs on the official stat sheet - he went 11 wins for 8 losses.

Might be a few more suitors nearer to the TDL.  Quite a few teams can't add Horvat today without removing from their roster but nearer to the TDL there's more cap room to add and teams in LTIR will likely have a clearer timeline on the status of their injured players.  Roster limits are also lifted then.

Trading him at 75% retained should increase the return and it's cheaper to involve a 3rd team with less salary left to pay - 250K was about a 5th round pick in the past.

The counter is that LeBrun believes it's going to be a buyers market with quite a few big names available and not as many teams interested or able to buy.  He predicts that the asking price will have to go down for some of the bigger names.  He was talking in general and not Horvat specifically.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Some folks seem to get their bits in a twist over this. And while I get it, folks get riled up about their team, who can really blame him for it? It's not as if we've done much competitively throughout his tenure as a Canuck, why should he wait for opportunities that may never come? There's no guarantee we're going to be a playoff team sooner than later let alone a contender.

I'd rather keep Bo over Miller but ideally I'd move on from both at this point and reset things with a younger group of players. Folks will froth at the mouth about wanting guys on the team who want to win but somehow Horvat potentially wanting to leave because he wants to win is a problem? Come on. I'm not saying that's you but I see it around here and it's silly. 

But I also don't believe the veteran part of this core will amount to much of anything, the focus should be about getting younger via trade and drafting and building a team that can grow together around Pettersson and Hughes. 

If Bo goes elsewhere I'll root for him, that's great. If Miller goes elsewhere I hope he has success too. Good offensive player who just doesn't fit the timeline. 

I think it is past time to move on with this group. EP40 & Hughes are the only untouchables IMHO. 

• There it is 2

6 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

This is just one pathetic thread!

We need to send a clear and concise message to Rutherford and Allvin

We need to move Horvat for futures, and grade A prospects, as this core has done nothing, and I do not want someone else's retreads!

Horvat represents 8 million in Cap Space we do not have, and regardless if we have Horvat or not, we have to get rid of another contract to acquire a RHD

We have Miller's big raise and Pettersson's raise coming, that is totally ignoring Kuzmenko's new contract, if we choose to re-sign him, and the RHD's money, 

If we can even find one............

Look! I am not trying to be an A$$hole, I am just really good at it!  WE DO NOT NEED RETREADS! :sadno: Or wingers for that matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start a proper rebuild!

Nobody from the Canucks organization is reading this thread.   

• Haha 1
  • There it is 2

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What younger NHL players coming off their  ELCs who have not lived up to their draft pedigree, do these teams have that our owner would sign off on as the return for Bo?

Nil Lundkvist

Thomas Harley

Lian Bischel and Logan Stankoven are their best prospects

Looking at stats Wyatt Johnson is having a season (3rd line center) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

This is just one pathetic thread!

We need to send a clear and concise message to Rutherford and Allvin

We need to move Horvat for futures, and grade A prospects, as this core has done nothing, and I do not want someone else's retreads!

Horvat represents 8 million in Cap Space we do not have, and regardless if we have Horvat or not, we have to get rid of another contract to acquire a RHD

We have Miller's big raise and Pettersson's raise coming, that is totally ignoring Kuzmenko's new contract, if we choose to re-sign him, and the RHD's money, 

If we can even find one............

Look! I am not trying to be an A$$hole, I am just really good at it!  WE DO NOT NEED RETREADS! :sadno: Or wingers for that matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start a proper rebuild!

I wish. 

Folks are teasing Heffy but honestly, there are plenty of fans who are starting to hit their breaking point and walk away. I think management underestimates the Bruce bit tbh, that really painted the Canucks organization in an awful light. 

Had a buddy this morning message me and tell me he doesn't think he can follow/support the Canucks anymore. 

The longer we continue to spin our wheels the more fans are just going to walk away. I'd at least ship out Horvat and Miller, I don't think a retool will be enough. 

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I think it is past time to move on with this group. EP40 & Hughes are the only untouchables IMHO. 

That's basically where I'm at. 

I'd throw Podz in there too along with other younger prospects. I'd be okay with Demko staying but I'm open to moving him too.

1 hour ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Devils have a more appealing pool imo but the Stars could be interesting. Both could potentially win a cup with Horvat.

Pavelski ain't getting any younger, neither is Benn. Would make sense to try and go for it. I kinda figure the Stars would be more willing to pay than the Devils because of that. 

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Marino would have dashed plans for a stealth tank? :unsure:

That's all I got :lol:

I don't think we're in stealth mode anymore, we just suck 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Nil Lundkvist

Thomas Harley

Lian Bischel and Logan Stankoven are their best prospects

Looking at stats Wyatt Johnson is having a season (3rd line center) 

Add Ty Dellandrea to the mix. Good 3c as well. I think it would be easier to get him in a deal than Johnston. 

• Cheers 1

to DAL: (C) Horvat

to VAN: (RW/LW) Gurianov, (C) Dellandrea and (LD) Harley

Gurianov (25) is struggling this year, but this might be the type of player they're interested in. Has size, was a former #12 overall. He's also an RFA and won't be expensive to re-sign, if they choose to. 

Dellandrea (22) could step into the #3C spot

Canucks need better D with size. Harley (21) is a former #18 overall. Eventually OEL and Myers will be gone:

Hughes

Harley

Dermott - Bear

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

13 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

That's basically where I'm at. 

I'd throw Podz in there too along with other younger prospects. I'd be okay with Demko staying but I'm open to moving him too.

Do you not think this is their position aswell? It's been reported they would consider anything outside of Petey & Hughes. (Miller & OEL are untradeable so put them aside)

I think there's an issue with the narrative of 'management quick fix V fans rebuild'.

The problem with this supposed scorched earth view is if your blowing it up then Hughes can't be an untouchable (only 4 yrs left) and if he's gone will Pettersson want to stay here long term? You might not be able to have your cake & eat it too, either you identify them as core pieces to build around & get at it (which I think is their position). Or you give up on them & go into a Chicago/Buffalo/Arizona level rebuild. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

to DAL: (C) Horvat

to VAN: (RW/LW) Gurianov, (C) Dellandrea and (LD) Harley

Gurianov (25) is struggling this year, but this might be the type of player they're interested in. Has size, was a former #12 overall. He's also an RFA and won't be expensive to re-sign, if they choose to. 

Dellandrea (22) could step into the #3C spot

Canucks need better D with size. Harley (21) is a former #18 overall. Eventually OEL and Myers will be gone:

Hughes

Harley

Dermott - Bear

Good proposal, Gurianov would be a nice roster player to roll the dice on imo. Harley is an intriguing piece as a potential middle pair D. Dellandrea doesn't have a ton of upside but fits a role/window.

Only thing we are missing is a 1st, I'd be inclined to swap Dellandrea out (and maybe add something like a lesser pick/player) if possible. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Would Dawson Mercer, Michael MacLeod, and right handed dman Casey fit the bill as three players one being a good prospect in a Horvat return?

Underwhelming ? too much of a return?

Scoring winger/c, 3rd line c and up and coming puck moving right dman 

Think it’s too much. Can’t see getting Mercer as part of a package for a rental. Also McCleod was part of the 2018 Canada junior team, do we want to take a risk with a player before the situation has been resolved. 

I don't know why New Jersey is interested in Horvat, they already have their 1 & 2Cs locked in with Hughes and Hischier. It would only make sense if they decided to stack their top line and move Hughes to the wing. They definitely have lots of interesting pieces if they are actually interested.