The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

I hope Bo does what’s best for Bo 

he paid his dues here playing with garbage on terrible teams and never complaining. someone should have told him to smash his sticks and have childish tantrums. 
He’s under appreciated, underrated. 
hope he goes for the max $$  he can get whether it’s  here or elsewhere no “hometown discounts” this club wasted the years of discount contracts. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

We can't afford that while still making this team better, which we will need to do if we want a cup.

I love Bo, but that feels high. I guess we need to look at it in the context of an increasing cap and how expensive free agency can be, assuming anyone decent is still available and willing to come here.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I love Bo, but that feels high. I guess we need to look at it in the context of an increasing cap and how expensive free agency can be, assuming anyone decent is still available and willing to come here.

Love agents eh. Cap goes up by 2 mill ( let's say ) agent thinks his one clients pay also scales by that lmao! 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Love agents eh. Cap goes up by 2 mill ( let's say ) agent thinks his one clients pay also scales by that lmao! 

Coyotes have 19 m in capspace,  23/23 roster spots filled.

Horvat for Chychrun?

I get that JC is a left shot ,  but.

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

So why is it that when analysts bring up the best two way centers in the game Bo is never mentioned yet Couturier is?

This is just Friedman blowing hot air. Bo is not a comparable to Couturier. He’s a level below which is why 7 max is what they should be offering.

• Cheers 1

He's not comparable to Couturier, Couturier is a far better defensive player & has had multiple 75 point seasons. Horvats scored 60+ once (61). 

If he was as good as Couturier we would've happily paid him that contract already. 

If that's what they are thinking we gotta trade him, unfortunately.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

He's not comparable to Couturier, Couturier is a far better defensive player & has had multiple 75 point seasons. Horvats scored 60+ once (61). 

If he was as good as Couturier we would've happily paid him that contract already. 

If that's what they are thinking we gotta trade him, unfortunately.

Exactly.

Friedman is just playing wanna be GM. He doesn’t know they’re using him as a comparable.

That would be a pretty easy one to counter for management. His numbers are not comparable at all.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

If BO wants the same money as a guy who is consistently one of the best defensive centers in the entire NHL, and on top of that is consistently in the PPG range and is consistently in the 57-58% faceoff win percentage, then we really need to seek out a Horvat trade that can land us a true 3C and a top 4 RHD.  We can add Höglander and Rathbone to the deal to make it work...

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If BO wants the same money as a guy who is consistently one of the best defensive centers in the entire NHL, and on top of that is consistently in the PPG range and is consistently in the 57-58% faceoff win percentage, then we really need to seek out a Horvat trade that can land us a true 3C and a top 4 RHD.  We can add Höglander and Rathbone to the deal to make it work...

whoa, slow down there fella. I think Friedman is just being Friedman.

Bo is certainly in the conversation for being one of the best 2C's around and he is comparable in some metrics with SC.

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_compare.php?players[]=2900&players[]=3868&period=2022-2023%3AR%3A99

So maybe the comp is useful as a max ceiling? say e.g., if they only signed Bo to a 5 year deal. 

7 minutes ago, JM_ said:

whoa, slow down there fella. I think Friedman is just being Friedman.

Bo is certainly in the conversation for being one of the best 2C's around and he is comparable in some metrics with SC.

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_compare.php?players[]=2900&players[]=3868&period=2022-2023%3AR%3A99

So maybe the comp is useful as a max ceiling? say e.g., if they only signed Bo to a 5 year deal. 

I'm sorry my friend, but there are no analytics than can convince me that Horvat is even in the same stratosphere as Couturier.  Couturier is basically a modern day Ryan Kesler.  Horvat is not even in the same conversation of Ryan Kesler...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1