The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

What about Horvat for PLD?  Winnipeg can sign him to an 8 year extension and he can be their 1C after Scheifele leaves.  BO would be closer to home as well. 

PLD can play with Petey and Kuzy. We can always find a 3C who can take face offs in the summer as a UFA. 

Time PLD’s next contract to grow when move clauses kick in for Miller if needed.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Agree, but I honestly feel bad for feeling this way. He has given everything to this team that he can offer. I have nothing but respect for him as a player. But right now, where this team is trending he just doesn’t fit with the new direction. Will see how this all plays out, but I definitely will not be shocked to see him traded.

I feel the same he was my favorite player for a long time.  I just thought he would develop and grow into more like Linden or something similar.  

I take the team ahead of any one individual player every time and I think the team needs a new direction.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

if they were to trade Bo.. it needed to be done before the start of the season.. or it's going to be at the TDL lol.. it's not going to happen mid season.. unless the trade is mind blowing.. captains rarely if ever gets traded mid season before TDL unless they requested a trade out and unless he's disliked in the room.. it's going to shatter the fragile locker room we already have.. i'm certain Bo won't be traded until the TDL if he ends up moving for something insignificant.. the canucks will end up missing this year's playoff because of it and depending if they can get a RHD in the UFA next season and a 3c.. they risk missing the playoff again next season with EP taking the 1 year arbitration and walk where we end up forced to trade him and go into a full blown rebuild. Bo alone won't get you a RHD not without an extension.. and i don't see Bo doing the team any favour in signing an extension so they can maximize the return since they are desperately dumping him.. even if Bo is interested in re-signing with that team.. he can easily wait till after the season ends to re-sign with them while they can hold on to their significant trade pieces that benefits his future team.. it makes more sense to help your future team than your former team that's trying to rid you.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

What about Horvat for PLD?  Winnipeg can sign him to an 8 year extension and he can be their 1C after Scheifele leaves.  BO would be closer to home as well. 

PLD can play with Petey and Kuzy. We can always find a 3C who can take face offs in the summer as a UFA. 

Is it worth it for Winnipeg if PLD indicates he's willing to re-sign with em or would we have to add? If not, maybe, but doesn't he reportedly want Montreal?

And isn't D our weakness? If it comes down to a Horvat trade shouldn't that be what we're addressing? 

PLD is an attractive piece but moving out what could be a top trade chip and not addressing our biggest weakness doesn't strike me as the way to go.

If Horvat does go I reckon it's gotta somehow address our D.

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Is it worth it for Winnipeg if PLD indicates he's willing to re-sign with em or would we have to add? If not, maybe, but doesn't he reportedly want Montreal?

And isn't D our weakness? If it comes down to a Horvat trade shouldn't that be what we're addressing? 

PLD is an attractive piece but moving out what could be a top trade chip and not addressing our biggest weakness doesn't strike me as the way to go.

lol they want to get rid of bo because he's not a 3c.. PLD isn't a 3c either?? so aren't they contradicting themselves?? PLD IF he's even willing to sign in vancouver would be asking for 8mil+ but we dont' want to pay a 3c 7-8mil zzz

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

PLD is going to Montreal...

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

if they were to trade Bo.. it needed to be done before the start of the season.. or it's going to be at the TDL lol.. it's not going to happen mid season.. unless the trade is mind blowing.. captains rarely if ever gets traded mid season before TDL unless they requested a trade out and unless he's disliked in the room.. it's going to shatter the fragile locker room we already have.. i'm certain Bo won't be traded until the TDL if he ends up moving for something insignificant.. the canucks will end up missing this year's playoff because of it and depending if they can get a RHD in the UFA next season and a 3c.. they risk missing the playoff again next season with EP taking the 1 year arbitration and walk where we end up forced to trade him and go into a full blown rebuild. Bo alone won't get you a RHD not without an extension.. and i don't see Bo doing the team any favour in signing an extension so they can maximize the return since they are desperately dumping him.. even if Bo is interested in re-signing with that team.. he can easily wait till after the season ends to re-sign with them while they can hold on to their significant trade pieces that benefits his future team.. it makes more sense to help your future team than your former team that's trying to rid you.

20 years later: The Linden-Bertuzzi trade changed Canucks history | Offside (dailyhive.com)

Trevor Linden was traded on February 6, 1998, almost 2 months before the 1998 trade deadline, which was March 24...

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Canada's a big country......Winnipeg is not that close to London still lol. Is PLD an upgrade for us?

32 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol they want to get rid of bo because he's not a 3c.. PLD isn't a 3c either?? so aren't they contradicting themselves?? PLD IF he's even willing to sign in vancouver would be asking for 8mil+ but we dont' want to pay a 3c 7-8mil zzz

He'd def cost more, younger and with more upside. It doesn't make sense for Winnipeg to even consider trading him unless he can't be extended, and given he'll be a pending RFA at the end of the year he's still team controlled. 

I like his toolbox but I reckon he'd be too expensive for us both in terms of acquisition cost and we'd he'd cost to extend. I think we'd have to add to Horvat, particularly as a pending UFA. 

Dubois isn't a piece I'd be looking to acquire though, if we've gotta trade a forward we absolutely need to prioritize boosting our defense. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

I feel the same he was my favorite player for a long time.  I just thought he would develop and grow into more like Linden or something similar.  

I take the team ahead of any one individual player every time and I think the team needs a new direction.

Totally agree, I really thought the same. To be honest, I miss the old Bo Horvat, bull in a china shop guy…since he become captain he has tried to do way too much and I personally think it’s derailed him a bit. But circumstances are circumstances, he was our best option after the Sedins. 

4 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Two thoughts about DAWG:

1. Without sharing the secret recipe for DAWG, tough to think too hard with it.

2. It needs a better acronym....I was thinking of "give a f" meter but I guess that spells out GAF which is the opposite of its intention.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

We'd probably have to add for PLD.  No, it doesn't address our biggest weakness.  But I think Horvat wouldn't be the only player that needs to be traded.  I think Boeser probably needs to me moved as well.  Add a guy like Rathbone to Boeser and I think we can get a top 4 Dman.  Then we could add Severson as a UFA and also get a 3C in the UFA market and all of a sudden we have a more diverse team.

PLD could play wing with Petey or Miller, so you are adding a power forward to your top 6.  His size makes up for having Garland and Hoglander in the lineup.  

PLD             Miller            Garland

Kuzmenko   Pettersson   Podkolzin

Hoglander                        Mikheyev

Lots of speed and size in that top 9.  Add a pure 3C and we are set.  We also have McDonough, Klimovich, Lekkerimaki and Karlsson coming up in the pipeline.

You said you wanted another centre in the lineup, so PLD playing wing gives us that option.  Also, he'd be perfect in the bumper position on the first unit PP with his size...

28 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

20 years later: The Linden-Bertuzzi trade changed Canucks history | Offside (dailyhive.com)

Trevor Linden was traded on February 6, 1998, almost 2 months before the 1998 trade deadline, which was March 24...

again rare and it was a pretty good trade value wise regardless of what bertuzzi was at the time, and we were pretty much in a full blown rebuild blow everything up

and Linden was not the captain.. so whats your point?

Edited by wai_lai416

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

again rare and it was a pretty good trade value wise regardless of what bertuzzi was at the time. 

and Linden was not the captain.. so whats your point?

He was the captain for 7 years.  Just because Messier ripped the C off his jersey doesn't take that away from him...