The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

7 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Sign and trade Bo for Chychrun

Why? Bo is not the problem; he is one of our most consistent and hardworking players. The FO really screwed up signing BB at 6.65m for 3 years; mucho waste of cash. Besides, Arizona doesnt want Bo; they want propects and draft picks

Rathbone, Karlsson, Beoser, 2022 1st for Chychrun please

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Sign and trade Bo for Chychrun

We need C’s that can win draws on a nightly basis. We got smoked in the dot against CBJ and Bo was the only guy above 50%. Everyone else was below 40%. Do not move Bo. His lowest FO% is 45% so far he’s been as high as 61% and 62%… Peteys had 2 real rough games in the circle… 19% and 27% 

Miller has been as low as 31% and 44% no higher than 55%

• Cheers 2

If we can resign Bo for something in the range of 6.5 - 7 million then I think you keep him. Anything higher then might be worth trading. 

If he agrees to that amount, then move Boeser or Garland I think for some D help/picks. I'd still be happy with trading Miller, but I doubt management will do it now. 

Bo's agent licking his chops. 

Miller can't play fucking defense, and is goddamn so lazy. And he's getting max years, for 8M per year. 

And Bo's thinking, that guy's getting 8M, but management wants me to take a lot less than that? FUCK THAT. 

JR and PA really have doubled down on this team. WHAT THE FUCK. 

That Miller signing already looks like a fucking albatross. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, BC_Hawk said:

Why? Bo is not the problem; he is one of our most consistent and hardworking players. The FO really screwed up signing BB at 6.65m for 3 years; mucho waste of cash. Besides, Arizona doesnt want Bo; they want propects and draft picks

Rathbone, Karlsson, Beoser, 2022 1st for Chychrun please

They wouldn't want Boeser either - he's too old + they are looking to save as much money as possible as they tank.  Karlsson + Rathbone aren't blue chip prospects.  

Per Dreger the asking price is so high that Chychrun is not really available.  There are just so many teams looking for the same type of Ds and they are currently not available. 

Bo had a tough first couple games but understandable given that he missed the last 12 or so games of the season a year ago and is coming off a tough injury.

Has been one of the best and hardest working forwards in the last three games. Bo is a heart and sole Canuck who management needs to find a way to keep. 

To shed cap there are other options that they can look for to move out but Bo needs to stay.

• Cheers 4

16 minutes ago, mll said:

They wouldn't want Boeser either - he's too old + they are looking to save as much money as possible as they tank.  Karlsson + Rathbone aren't blue chip prospects.  

Per Dreger the asking price is so high that Chychrun is not really available.  There are just so many teams looking for the same type of Ds and they are currently not available. 

Unfortunately, I agree

3 hours ago, mll said:

Wow Dreger really?He called a guy out for rumors and then starts them and the end is the same nothing happens.I think we can make the deal happen but then we would have to start over rebuilding our youth in 2 years as at least one first will be gone.

13 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Say what you want about having some invisible games here and there, he consistently gives us 20 minutes a night, facing top lines, on the PK, great at faceoffs and leading us in goals. Another goal streak, 4 in 3, this guy does it all - and we want to trade him?

Never gets the credit he deserves, this team would be so bad without Bo. He's 26, we should lock him down until his early 30s. Unlike Miller, he'll continue to produce and as he ages, nestle into a shutdown 3C Sutter-type role quite nicely, but he's still got a few good 30+ goal scoring years in him.

I hope we don't let Miller's dreadful play dictate what we do with Bo. He deserves 6yrs x 7M, hopefully we can get him in the 6M range though and give him an extra year or so.

Trade Bo and we might as do a full sale but even if we do, I'd want Bo and Petey as the center anchors, not Miller.

I agree. I wanted to trade Miller, as our best chip, and use Petey and Bo as our 1-2 Cs. Giving Miller 8 million as our #1, and with Petey getting more than 8 million as our #2, how can we pay Bo 7 million as our #3? We need a less expensive 3C to afford a better D. I really hope Miller gets back to last years’ form, because we are screwed if he doesn’t.

To me so far EP and Bo best forwards by far.

To me Miller,Pearson,BB should all be traded by or at TDL no matter what spot we are in.

We should get a good top 4 rhd and couple picks even if we have to throw in Rathbone.TDL team well over pay so this year take full advantage of that.

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

To me so far EP and Bo best forwards by far.

To me Miller,Pearson,BB should all be traded by or at TDL no matter what spot we are in.

We should get a good top 4 rhd and couple picks even if we have to throw in Rathbone.TDL team well over pay so this year take full advantage of that.

I hear you but who’s giving up a good top 4 rhd and picks for those guys right now?  Considering the cap situation around the league, we might have to actually give up picks/prospects to move the contracts.  

Negative value contracts is something I had hoped we would avoid.  I think we need to hope that the boys turn things around at this point.  I think JT gets it together at some point.  Probably not enough to make it worth his contract but this is not the end for him.  He has a lot to give but something is currently off.  Brock I’m hopeful but not as optimistic as I am with JT.  Pearson might be done.  I’m not feeling great about him or his trade value.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

I hear you but who’s giving up a good top 4 rhd and picks for those guys right now?  Considering the cap situation around the league, we might have to actually give up picks/prospects to move the contracts.  

Negative value contracts is something I had hoped we would avoid.  I think we need to hope that the boys turn things around at this point.  I think JT gets it together at some point.  Probably not enough to make it worth his contract but this is not the end for him.  He has a lot to give but something is currently off.  Brock I’m hopeful but not as optimistic as I am with JT.  Pearson might be done.  I’m not feeling great about him or his trade value.

Likelihood of getting a top 4 RD for one of our notable players is very unlikely. 

Cap seems to be a premium so having that might help. Most notable D for trades will probably involve picks/prospects and cap space. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Baratheon said:

With injuries and teams having to fill spots we would be able to trade players.I did not say right now this second.I said by tdl and trades will happen.One big one soon when we can rest by or at tdl.I obviously am not new and know situations like big name going down for the year would help.I already prettyucj said that .

3 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

With injuries and teams having to fill spots we would be able to trade players.I did not say right now this second.I said by tdl and trades will happen.One big one soon when we can rest by or at tdl.I obviously am not new and know situations like big name going down for the year would help.I already prettyucj said that .

Chill… nobody said you were new to anything.

Like I said, we have to hope that they turn it around.  We aren’t getting a good top 4 rhd (for those guys) now OR at tdl unless their current form changes significantly.  JT has the highest chance of turning it around if you ask me.  He also would be by far the trickiest contract to move of the three.

15 hours ago, Baratheon said:

Chill… nobody said you were new to anything.

Like I said, we have to hope that they turn it around.  We aren’t getting a good top 4 rhd (for those guys) now OR at tdl unless their current form changes significantly.  JT has the highest chance of turning it around if you ask me.  He also would be by far the trickiest contract to move of the three.

TBL might just sneak someone in again at TDL and why not Miller?

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

8 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

TBL might just sneak someone in again at TDL and why not Miller?

I could see TBL wanting some more scoring punch. 

Miller for Cernak would probably be a best fit for both teams.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, BPA said:

I could see TBL wanting some more scoring punch. 

Miller for Cernak would probably be a best fit for both teams.

Islanders need a top centre and continue to struggle to score.  Would either Bo or Miller be fair for Pullock?