The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

I mean, while we're making bold, if not outrageous claims..

Loui Eriksson was the greatest signing we've ever made, he's been an integral piece of building a healthy and hardworking team culture. They should honestly build a statue of him outside the arena. 

Right @eeeeergh?

Loui is our king.

:ph34r:

r/hockey - The Coyotes shared this picture on their Twitter account in honour of Loui Eriksson’s 1000th game tonight

You are a gentleman and a scholar. 

truer words were never spoken. 

Loui is the once and future king. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

On our team OEL is a 2.  But we stink.  On a good team he’s a 5.  We pay him like a 2 though.  And that’s our owner’s fault for pushing Benning into making a bad “win now” trade.  

I am really starting to believe he is related to OEL cause the fuzzy logic, he uses to justify the current version of OEL and the trades, is just baffling.  rick james cocaine GIF

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1

Just now, ilduce39 said:

I was more sympathetic to Benning than most but Virtanen and Juolevi were both pretty brutal.  We’ve had a lot of heartbreak at the draft, though.

I consider Virtanen to be the owners choice and he went with Juolevi (not BPA) because Benning, when interviewed by Bob MacKenzie was asked directly about not having a top defensive prospect so he picked who he thought was the best D available. 

Both my opinion.

• Vintage 1

Just now, RWJC said:

With a proper partner OEL is still a top 4

On a poor team, yes.  But on a good team, OEL is a bottom pair D.  He’s not even playing much PK for us anymore.  He’s not playing PP.  he’s a bottom pairing guy who is paid like a top,pair.  It’s a horrid contract that we are stuck with for five more years.  Thanks to our owner pushing his GM to “win now”.  

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Ok well there were 5 trades in the 2006 deadline rank them 1-5 and those are worse than the OEL deal. :lol:

I wouldn’t rank OEL top 5 either

I want to see how low this organization goes.

Podz and a 1st for Karlsson

Bo for Seguin

Boeser for Anderson

Lets go all in.

• RoughGame 2

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

What route do you want, out of curiosity?

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

It’s inevitable 

It might be inevitable. But this time last year Pete was pouting on the bench and visibly adolescent on the ice. Just because he "looks like a Sedin" now doesn't make him one. The sad truth is we don't have a leader right now. Schenn is probably the closest thing we have to a captain after Bo. I would go for a season with no captain until one presents himself as ready to take that role. I think Pete needs to prove himself more before he wears the C.

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Good point, how many of the above had NTC's? Benning did hand out NtCs like candy...which obviously must have handcuffed them a bit 

We had many but my main point was that we didn't have those type of players that wanted to chase cups. This is the worry, the character makeup of the players we draft. Burrows and Hansen were the only two that were willing to take one for the team and allow themselves to be traded.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

On a poor team, yes.  But on a good team, OEL is a bottom pair D.  He’s not even playing much PK for us anymore.  He’s not playing PP.  he’s a bottom pairing guy who is paid like a top,pair.  It’s a horrid contract that we are stuck with for five more years.  Thanks to our owner pushing his GM to “win now”.  

Methinks he’s still playing through a lingering injury, but I can see where you’re coming from and agree with you in terms of what the contract means going forward 

• Upvote 1