The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

I would 100% rather trade Miller and resign Horvat to a 8 year contract around 8.5 million. Horvat is a far more complete player than Miller. He's not as flashy, but he doesn't make the glaring errors in judgement at anywhere near the same rate that Miller does.

Yip. Rutherford would probably like to do that now as well. Lol.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Gurn said:

Thus everything about the owner not interfering is speculation as well.

Aqualini runs a multi billion dollar business empire. People who run multi billion dollar business empires don't sit at their desk and make decisions on which players to trade. The only way you get to running a multi billion dollar business empire is by putting people you trust in place to make decisions for you and you have bi-weekly lunch meetings where you talk about how everything is going.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Aqualini runs a multi billion dollar business empire. People who run multi billion dollar business empires don't sit at their desk and make decisions on which players to trade. The only way you get to running a multi billion dollar business empire is by putting people you trust in place to make decisions for you and you have bi-weekly lunch meetings where you talk about how everything is going.

so speculation, like you and I just said; unless you were there?

• Cheers 1

Just now, Gurn said:

so speculation, like you and I just said; unless you were there?

My speculation is based on 30+ years of watching successful people run really large organizations.

They all have specific management traits. Micromanagers do not get to where Aqualini is....

13 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

IF the Farhan toxic rumour is true, it 100% is Miller, as per the clip of him and Schenn having beef at the end of the period that one game. 

Trade Miller before it's too late and salvage this team's present and future. 

Watch them double down and make Miller the captain.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2
  • RoughGame 2

10 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

IF the Farhan toxic rumour is true, it 100% is Miller, as per the clip of him and Schenn having beef at the end of the period that one game. 

Trade Miller before it's too late and salvage this team's present and future. 

I think one of the main reasons fans don't have a hard time buying the narrative is that given Miller's personality type it's not hard to see happening. He's the kind of guy that in a winning environment everyone wants around because he will pump everyone up. But, the flip side of that is when things are going bad he's the type to be the first to throw a temper tantrum and start shouting at people.

• There it is 2

11 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

My speculation is based on 30+ years of watching successful people run really large organizations.

They all have specific management traits. Micromanagers do not get to where Aqualini is....

You believe your years of speculation, are more accurate than others speculation, and others disagree.

TLDR- it is all just opinion, and everyone has one of those.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Kesler had 104 points?  Did I miss that year?  I think you are thinking about Naslund, I don't believe Kesler ever got more than like 70-80 points...

He had 104 Penalty Mins one year. - the anti-Selke award, maybe?

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I think one of the main reasons fans don't have a hard time buying the narrative is that given Miller's personality type it's not hard to see happening. He's the kind of guy that in a winning environment everyone wants around because he will pump everyone up. But, the flip side of that is when things are going bad he's the type to be the first to throw a temper tantrum and start shouting at people.

Anyone who gets in a heated convo with Schenn at the end of period like that says to me that they're not emotionally on the same page as the rest of the leadership team. Now that the word "toxic" has been put out there, I'm 80%+ convinced that this locker room is broken, and Miller is the guy that has been rubbing others the wrong way for all the wrong reasons, and for a long time.

This is a big turning point for the franchise: They either keep the toxic personality and lose the captain and likely others as well, or they cut their losses and trade him and see what this team can do with the rest of the leadership group. 

Of course, it's possible Farhan is getting his info from an unreliable source and all is good in the room. 

• Cheers 3

There's enough smoke around this "toxic dressing room" that I'm fully prepared to believe it. Even Bruce, who's perhaps the most up-beat coach there is, seems worn down and dejected in his media scrums. The toxicity may extend all the way up through management and ownership. Bruce knows the players aren't buying in, and that management doesn't fully support him. I think they've treated him pretty badly. It's just a crappy situation all around. And it's not hard to imagine Miller being a big part of the problem in the room based on his public displays of frustration and lazy play. I'm only going on a hunch but I personally would trade Miller and re-sign Horvat, but I suspect Horvat wants to move on so ideally both Miller and Horvat would be traded for as many picks, prospects, and good roster players as we can get.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Management gave Petey two new wingers to form a #1 line and also got a completely new 4th line, all for free.  One of those players on the 4th line even has more goals than Boeser and Garland.

They now need to work on the 2nd and 3rd lines.  And the defence.  This was never gonna get fixed in one offseason.  Trading BO for assets, freeing up cape space and picking up some new players next offseason is the next goal.

We freed up cape space when we bought out Virtanen....

20221213_162203.thumb.jpg.55cbac6db51433f189d6f003017faa7b.jpg

Edited by Googlie
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

13 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Horvat for Trouba straight up.  Captain for captain. One year older,  but instantly solves the RHD problem in a huge way. Just 3 more years @ 8M

Trouba picked NY so his wife could be close to her family. No chance Trouba would ok the trade. 

I do love Trouba's game. A modern Scott Stevens type, just too exspensive. Can't have him and OEL on our team at those cap hits.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Strawbone said:

There's enough smoke around this "toxic dressing room" that I'm fully prepared to believe it. Even Bruce, who's perhaps the most up-beat coach there is, seems worn down and dejected in his media scrums. The toxicity may extend all the way up through management and ownership. Bruce knows the players aren't buying in, and that management doesn't fully support him. I think they've treated him pretty badly. It's just a crappy situation all around. And it's not hard to imagine Miller being a big part of the problem in the room based on his public displays of frustration and lazy play. I'm only going on a hunch but I personally would trade Miller and re-sign Horvat, but I suspect Horvat wants to move on so ideally both Miller and Horvat would be traded for as many picks, prospects, and good roster players as we can get.

Miller for sure could rub some people the wrong way.  But we shouldn’t forget that he was the guy who spoke for all the guys when Benning had his “shocking reset” of bad moves after the bubble playoff success.  

• There it is 1