The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

10 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Lets see:

Horvat for Ekblad straight up?  Test the theory that a top 4 RHD can make a big difference to the roster?  His deal isn't so long that you can't move him for decent assets in return if the team is terrible next season as well.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Didn't Miller play centre primarily last year when he got his 99 points?  He took over 1200 faceoffs last year and was well over 50%.  Not sure what you mean by Miller having an easier faceoff matchup.  Do you know exactly who he took his draws against?  is that now another stat to favour BO, that he took faceoffs against harder competition?  Is there now a stat for that too?

I never said Miller was Bure or Linden.  He is who he is.  He is not a saviour either, but we have him now and we've had him for the last 5 years and he will be with us another for another 7 years.  So some people will need to deal with that.  Miller has been a point a game for his whole career with Vancouver, going on 5 years now, so his body of work is alot more than with BO.  BO is a career 55 point centre.  You can dream all you want that he is now a 60 goal scorer, but the facts are he has never been on that level and may not even hit 50 goals.  He is having a career yer, he may never achieve these heights again.  You can speculate all you want, but the fact is you have no clue what Horvat will do after this year and for the next 8 years.

Nick Paul is a great 3C who was available last year.  He was available for a B roster player and a 4th round pick. That doesn't seem like alot to pay for a 3C.  There were several available in free agency as well, but JR did not seem to want to take any of them as he had other priorities.

A 30 year old Horvat versus a 32 year old Miller?  How do you know which one will be better?  You are looking in real time in a situation where one player, Horvat, is playing at a level that is not sustainable for him, versus another player, Miller, who is having his worst season in Vancouver but still has 26 points.  Once both players come back to earth and follow their career paths, their trajectory will be much different.

Is Horvat is as good as you think he is then we should get quite a haul for him, so we will improve our team.  

You know EP, you make some good points. Well said and food for thought. It's posts like this that keep me coming here. Love talking Nucks with fellow fans like yourself and others.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

They signed darnell nurse to 9.25m/year, they will remain mid pack as long as they remain making benning caliber deals

Not to mention the fact that Nurse is the only actual NHL quality blueliner that they have, and they're also handicapped by being located in an absolute hellhole of a city.

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

You know EP, you make some good points. Well said and food for thought. It's posts like this that keep me coming here. Love talking Nucks with fellow fans like yourself and others.

Thanks rekker, I appreciate that.  Always love a good debate.  @wai_lai416 is my friend and we debate all the time.  He got me fired up tonight, which is a good thing.  I'm just waiting for his reply now so I can take him on again.   :)

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Didn't Miller play centre primarily last year when he got his 99 points?  He took over 1200 faceoffs last year and was well over 50%.  Not sure what you mean by Miller having an easier faceoff matchup.  Do you know exactly who he took his draws against?  is that now another stat to favour BO, that he took faceoffs against harder competition?  Is there now a stat for that too?

I never said Miller was Bure or Linden.  He is who he is.  He is not a saviour either, but we have him now and we've had him for the last 5 years and he will be with us for another 7 years.  So some people will need to deal with that.  Miller has been a point a game player for his whole career with Vancouver, going on 5 years now, so his body of work is alot more than with BO.  BO is a career 55 point centre.  You can dream all you want that he is now a 60 goal scorer, but the facts are he has never been on that level and may not even hit 50 goals.  He is having a career yer, he may never achieve these heights again.  You can speculate all you want, but the fact is you have no clue what Horvat will do after this year and for the next 8 years.

Nick Paul is a great 3C who was available last year.  He was available for a B roster player and a 4th round pick. That doesn't seem like alot to pay for a 3C.  There were several available in free agency as well, but JR did not seem to want to take any of them as he had other priorities.

A 30 year old Horvat versus a 32 year old Miller?  How do you know which one will be better?  You are looking in real time in a situation where one player, Horvat, is playing at a level that is not sustainable for him, versus another player, Miller, who is having his worst season in Vancouver but still has 26 points.  Once both players come back to earth and follow their career paths, their trajectory will be much different.

If Horvat is as good as you think he is then we should get quite a haul for him in any trade, so we will improve our team.  

Well said, I don’t know why people are acting like other players can’t win face-offs lol.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, naslund.is.king said:

Bro chill.. 

We're almost 500.

That gun post was hilarious lol! That poster has a point though, we’re sitting in purgatory right now; not good enough to for the playoffs and not bad enough to get Bedard. 

Jim needs to pull the trigger on a trade (pun intended lol). 

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

Aquilini should’ve listened, threw away an entire decade.

Another one might go to waste here, I’ll be looking forward to when Johnson and Bedard become UFA’s towards the end of the decade.

Yep. Too ignorant to put away 2-3 years to properly rebuild and if we did he’d have made so much more money than what he’s making right now. 

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Thanks rekker, I appreciate that.  Always love a good debate.  @wai_lai416 is my friend and we debate all the time.  He got me fired up tonight, which is a good thing.  I'm just waiting for his reply now so I can take him on again.   :)

i enjoy going back and froth with EP coz he have some great points that i may or may not agree with but nonetheless it's great points that could go either way. at least our convo is civil unlike some that'll go into name calling bashing hahahaha. i love great sensible arguments. i mean what else is there to do until the canucks actually do something XD

and if the canucks do move on from bo i ain't going to cry about it. but i prefer them to get on with an actual rebuild rather than trying to do another retool that most likely wouldn't have us as a contender and we go even further back into a rebuild

Edited by wai_lai416
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, rekker said:

True or not. F YOU Sid.

Reminds me of flashes of this.....just seems like it lately..

This is my favourite Canucks logo ever. Where/who/when did it come from? :  r/canucks

Yeah, We get it..We suck right now but WE have the best fan base in the whole league, Go to any other message board and see how much the give a crap about their team as much as we do!?! It'll happen fellow MotherNuckers, And it will be sweet...Just hang tight.

• Cheers 1