The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

8 minutes ago, John McClane said:

I lived in both High River and Lethbridge. I know all the areas in between. The wife loves Nanton for all of its antique stores. Medicine Hat it a great little city in the summer time. Lots of places to go hiking, biking and swimming. 

Yup.  I can’t think of a smaller prairie city we Alf’s don’t like.  Even east into Saskatchewan and Manitoba.  Swift Current, Saskatoon, Brandon are all really great spots.  Nanton has that little canal running through it too.  And the war plane museum.  Darn that’s a lovely spot. Haven’t been there in 20 years though.  

24 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah we're not getting Jarvis or Necas IMO.

Drury+Morrow+... Maybe.

I agree it would be very unlikely.

Necas perhaps could have been acquired last year though.

I really was pushing / hoping for Necas, Morrow and a 1st for JT Miller last year god that would have been amazing.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I wonder if CBJ would be desperate enough to include Jiricek in a deal

I think only if Bo extends long term would that maybe possible. I'd love Jiricek in a deal for Bo. But it would have to obviously be more than just Jiricek for Horvat. 

9 hours ago, jyu said:

I'd go after Byram.

OEL's skating has deteriorated so much, we are going need to replace him shortly. 

Concussion does scare me, so ideally we would need a 1st + a prospect on top of Byram. If we get him, we should afford him all the time in the world to recover from it and do not rush him back in the line up.

Byram's concussion issues are troubling and the fact that he's only 21 years old is even more troubling to me. He's one hit away (not even a big one) that'll end his career very likely given his concussion issues. 

I'm with you though, if Byram is coming this way, we'd need a 1st, and a grade A prospect on top of that. If Avs say no, then we move on to other teams. 

With that being said, I hope Bo stays. I can't see him in Avs colors. I can't see Bo in any other colors except Canuck colours. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R3aL said:

I agree it would be very unlikely.

Necas perhaps could have been acquired last year though.

Yup. Certainly more possible anyway. He was still struggling to adapt at that point.

2 hours ago, R3aL said:

I really was pushing / hoping for Necas, Morrow and a 1st for JT Miller last year god that would have been amazing.

Me too and yup.

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, teepain said:

Horvat 50%

to NYI

wahstrom

romanov

how about this

That would be a hard no.

Romanov is defensively average at best and a transitional liability at worst.

Whalstrom was criticized by Trotz for his attitude/work ethic and coachability.

I'd make a dozen other trades before even considering this one.

18 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I would prefer in this order:

1. Byram and Newhook

2. Lysell and Carlo

3. Jarvis and Morrow

4. Roslovic and Peeke 

I wonder if CBJ would be desperate enough to include Jiricek in a deal.  He is the exact blueprint of a Hughes future partner.

Jiricek is definitely an untouchable for CBJ.

• Upvote 2

To be honest Bo's early season offensive dominance is really cooling off and even on the ice he isn't as much of a presence as he was to start the season. I wonder if this factors into trade/re-signing negotiations?

Right now he's technically under a point per game and there's about 70 players scoring more points than him. Sure his goals are up but they've really dropped off too.

I'd hate to think we trade him and then he re-signs for 7.5M elsewhere. Surely Allvin has to try his agent again later before trading him and maybe this game of poker/stalemate works for us - the longer the season goes, the more his goals/points per game looks like it'll drop so if we circle back with a 7.5-7.7M offer later in the year when he's on pace for 35-40g but 70 points, he may accept?

6 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

To be honest Bo's early season offensive dominance is really cooling off and even on the ice he isn't as much of a presence as he was to start the season. I wonder if this factors into trade/re-signing negotiations?

Right now he's technically under a point per game and there's about 70 players scoring more points than him. Sure his goals are up but they've really dropped off too.

I'd hate to think we trade him and then he re-signs for 7.5M elsewhere. Surely Allvin has to try his agent again later before trading him and maybe this game of poker/stalemate works for us - the longer the season goes, the more his goals/points per game looks like it'll drop so if we circle back with a 7.5-7.7M offer later in the year when he's on pace for 35-40g but 70 points, he may accept?

I think Bo was up around 24 min and 60% on faceoffs last night.  He played a more defensive game maybe?

16 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

After trading Miller at the TDL... Yes please!

All I want for Christmas...:lol:

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

After trading Miller at the TDL... Yes please!

All I want for Christmas...:lol:

IF we traded Miller and Signed Horvat to a deal in the 7s I would be pretty happy.

Its not going to happen though.

I think they are going to die on the sword with miller.

Evaluation is he will be our 2C insulate him with speed and defensive wingers 5 on 5 and let him do his thing on the PP. And as he ages he will shift to wing.

Seems to be their evaluation and I dont think they are going to move him. BUT if we did manage to and get something reasonable for him it would be pretty awesome.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Spitballiing something I heard from my buddy living in the GTA - their media suggested Buffalo may have interest in a player like Bo which was news to me.  They never speculated the deal but...

To Buf:  BoHo & 3rd

To Van:  Jokiharju & 1st

Would we do that?

Would they do that?  

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Spitballiing something I heard from my buddy living in the GTA - their media suggested Buffalo may have interest in a player like Bo which was news to me.  They never speculated the deal but...

Would we do that?

Would they do that?  

What are you thoughts on Mittlestadt? Big minus player so far this year. He taking the tougher match ups maybe with TT and Coz. Decent numbers. Also would they maybe take Myers back with trading Jokijarhju? 

Bo, Myers for 

Mittlestadt, Jokijarhju, 2nd

Yeah wouldn’t have thought they would have interest. 

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Would we do that?

Would they do that?  

Not enough coming back our way IMHO. Bo is a great 2C that dominates the faceoff dot. He will be highly coveted come the TDL and teams will be desperate to propel themselves over their competition.

Edited by KirkSave

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think Bo was up around 24 min and 60% on faceoffs last night.  He played a more defensive game maybe?

Bo was even in a game where we allowed five even strength goals. He was on the ice for the game tying goal with goalie pulled so he was only minus one in the game. He did alright. 

Given defensive wingers, he can play that role reasonably well. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Boknows08 said:

What are you thoughts on Mittlestadt? Big minus player so far this year. He taking the tougher match ups maybe with TT and Coz. Decent numbers. Also would they maybe take Myers back with trading Jokijarhju? 

Bo, Myers for 

Mittlestadt, Jokijarhju, 2nd

Yeah wouldn’t have thought they would have interest. 

I’d prefer their 1st over Mittlestadt. Buffalo will miss the playoffs so that’s likely a top 10-15 pick. 

He’s not an upgrade over Horvat and will never be.