The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

7 hours ago, RWJC said:

Entirely depends on if he pre-agrees to extension. There is no conversation at all involving Wright until there’s a commitment structured with Bo first. 
No one is blindly giving up a most recent top 5 NHL draft pick on an impending UFA. 

Yeah, I hope everyone was assuming this was extended Horvat in this "Horvat for Wright" discussion. Wright for a couple month rental makes no sense whatsoever. For an extended Horvat however... And even then I'm doubtful they're THAT interested at this stage, 2 years in to their existence. 

But we be spit-ball'n.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, coho8888 said:

I beg to differ. Most of the Kraken players are in their mid to late 20's and Horvat fits in with that age group.  With Horvat you know what you are getting (despite a career year). They may see their window opening up.  

And none of them are core players moving forward. Again, a team like Seattle shouldn’t be mortgaging the future for a few playoff games.

If I was Horvat I’d go public and say I won’t be signing anywhere until the summer. 
Screw those that screw you. 
Eat a D JR FA 

then Once traded start talking extension lol

gotta help the new team get me cheap and sign a discount to be able to win . 

Edited by combover
  • Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, combover said:

If I was Horvat I’d go public and say I won’t be signing anywhere until the summer. 
Screw those that screw you. 
Eat a D JR FA 

i already suggested horvat ain't going to do this management group any favors based on how they have treated him throughout the entire contract negotiation.. started the negotiation with a lowball offer.. and ended the negotiation with an offer based on his previous season not acknowledging the work he have done this season.. JR treated horvat just like boudreau nothing but disrespect. all these suggestions of trading bo to teams not even in the playoff.. news flash bo ain't re-signing there just to hope maybe they'll make the playoff one day.. 

even if bo is interested at signing with the teams he's going to be traded to.. he'll 100% do it without prior agreeing.. why would he want to get extra asset for the management that had basically had no intention of re-signing him and wasting time with the negotiation? like at this point 6.5ish over 8 is their best offer? we dont care you have 30 goals in half a season. why bother even offering

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, combover said:

Lol

so their rumoured last offer and “best shot” to resign horvat was mid 6s for 8 years lololololol yeah no kidding he rejected it. 

they just paid boeser  6.7 

so the guy who takes the vast majority of faceoffs for the team and more than any player in the league, plays in all situations and  is putting up back to back 30 goal seasons.

whatever team gets him will be instantly a lot better. 

From the information Dhaliwal learned, the last offer the Horvat party rejected was in the mid 6's for 8 years. Which probably would've been a good range before hitting the ice in 2022, but his current offensive game takes his worth to the next level and it's clear that a $6.5M AAV is not going to cut it.

Interesting though is if Horvat wants more money than that it will probably have to be for a team that’s rebuilding and has cap space.  Which top 10 teams have expiring contracts for centers getting paid 8 Million+

9 minutes ago, shiznak said:

And none of them are core players moving forward. Again, a team like Seattle shouldn’t be mortgaging the future for a few playoff games.

Of course its all contingent upon Horvat extending.  Don't think they would do it for a rental.

Wright is only one piece of their "future".  You can stay put and slowly build through the draft but there are no guarantees.  They have a top ten team this year.  A few pieces here and there and they can go further.  They can soften the blow a bit by taking back a prospect(s) from us as well.

A package of say

Bo (with extension)

Schenn

Letterimaki

and maybe Rathbone

for 

Wright

2023 1st

is something they should look at

since Horvat is now an allstar.... I have a legit question:

If/when he gets traded, let's say to Carolina, how does that work at the all star game? which team does he play for? 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Of course its all contingent upon Horvat extending.  Don't think they would do it for a rental.

Wright is only one piece of their "future".  You can stay put and slowly build through the draft but there are no guarantees.  They have a top ten team this year.  A few pieces here and there and they can go further.  They can soften the blow a bit by taking back a prospect(s) from us as well.

A package of say

Bo (with extension)

Schenn

Letterimaki

and maybe Rathbone

for 

Wright

2023 1st

is something they should look at

Or they could just wait until the summer, sign Horvat and keep their future intact. They have the cap space to outbid the competition.

If they can keep pace during the second half of the season. They probably make the playoffs anyway, without Horvat. He’s not going to put them over the top as legitimate Cup contenders.

5 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

This does not make sense…unless they want to genuinely try another offer?

If the offers aren’t good enough why would they let him talk to teams?

the Canucks would lose control of the negotiations if the agent started talking to teams 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Interesting though is if Horvat wants more money than that it will probably have to be for a team that’s rebuilding and has cap space.  Which top 10 teams have expiring contracts for centers getting paid 8 Million+

let see carolina with staal and pac coming off the book. boston would have to get creative assuming bergeron retires and kecji doesn't come back. islander have cap space to do it most their roster is pretty much set for next season. new jersey can do it too depending on how they allocate their cap space with 36-37mil in the summer and their rfa.. there's plenty of teams that can afford horvat.. and none of those teams are "rebuilding"

6 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

since Horvat is now an allstar.... I have a legit question:

If/when he gets traded, let's say to Carolina, how does that work at the all star game? which team does he play for? 

neither he becomes ineligible he'll get an all star recognition only

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Probably a good thing. Could hinder the chances of getting a full value in a return. If he’s talking to other teams, perhaps there’s a team with a great offer at hand but discussions don’t go well and the trade ultimately gets botched. 

• Thanks 1

If they are going to trade him, I could see it happening soon. 1) because the interest is so strong already. 2) because they are planning on making multiple moves and don’t want to leave everything until the last minute. The later you leave everything, the more risk of not being able to accomplish it all. 

Edited by IRR
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

The fair price for horvat going back to the summer was 7.5 -8

tram that want to win will se horvat as an upgrade to most #2 centers and will make cap moves. 

1000 face off 

2nd in the nhl in fo wins = possession 

plays in  all situations 

Back to back 30 goal years

and was a total beast in the very few opportunities he’s had in the post season 

good size speed and not afraid 

And honestly I think he’ll take less to play where he’s appreciated/respected  and playing in meaningful games. 
clearly those things won’t be happening here. 

• Cheers 3