The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

It is becoming apparent that JB left JR with a pretty good slate of players to work with.

If Poolman is good to go and Dickenson returns to expected form, there aren't that many real holes in the lineup.

I know, I know #1RD; but we are a little bit spoiled at LD with Quinn, Oli, Bone and Dermott, and there is still time to shore up the right side.

I am really excited to see Bo and JT lead this team and our young stars Quinn, Petey, and Podz just start to dominate out there.

Quinn and Oli messing with everybody by playing together whenever The Bruce sees fit is going to work, and Oli is going to be a very good RD.

Since I'm rambling, and this Bo thread is replacing the Rumour: Trade Miller monster thread, I'm gonna touch on Lundkvist again.

I don't think Garland goes in this deal because we would have to take back too much cap from The Jerks to make it work.

Though I love Pearson, he could help the Ranjerks, and we could make up the cap difference by plucking Ryan Reaves out of there.

He is a legit heavyweight and that is something I always want on the team.

Any of you young'ns out there remember Cement Head rag-dolling our Captain Smyl?

Holding him up with one hand and bringing that hand in to hammer him in the face again, time after time?

At least, that's the way I remember it, and it makes me feel ill to this day; never again I say.

Another thing with Lundkvist is the Swedish Thing (no, not the Swedish Touch of Howe Street fame).

Pretty sure PA & Co know all about Lundkvist, and if they want him, so do I.

Moving Oli to the right side opens up room for him on the left.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

It is becoming apparent that JB left JR with a pretty good slate of players to work with.

If Poolman is good to go and Dickenson returns to expected form, there aren't that many real holes in the lineup.

I know, I know #1RD; but we are a little bit spoiled at LD with Quinn, Oli, Bone and Dermott, and there is still time to shore up the right side.

I am really excited to see Bo and JT lead this team and our young stars Quinn, Petey, and Podz just start to dominate out there.

Quinn and Oli messing with everybody by playing together whenever The Bruce sees fit is going to work, and Oli is going to be a very good RD.

Since I'm rambling, and this Bo thread is replacing the Rumour: Trade Miller monster thread, I'm gonna touch on Lundkvist again.

I don't think Garland goes in this deal because we would have to take back too much cap from The Jerks to make it work.

Though I love Pearson, he could help the Ranjerks, and we could make up the cap difference by plucking Ryan Reaves out of there.

He is a legit heavyweight and that is something I always want on the team.

Any of you young'ns out there remember Cement Head rag-dolling our Captain Smyl?

Holding him up with one hand and bringing that hand in to hammer him in the face again, time after time?

At least, that's the way I remember it, and it makes me feel ill to this day; never again I say.

Another thing with Lundkvist is the Swedish Thing (no, not the Swedish Touch of Howe Street fame).

Pretty sure PA & Co know all about Lundkvist, and if they want him, so do I.

Moving Oli to the right side opens up room for him on the left.

To me seems like JB did leave a good group that need a couple Tweeks.Like when MG took over he kept the team he had of core players and we went to the cup finals.Mayne that can happen again,but hope they do not over extend the group as MG did.

• Cheers 2

I’d be surprised if Bo is signed before Christmas,  if he has..   then someone else has been moved deemed expendable,   And that could well be Boeser IF Kuz and Mihky prove to be strong.

Pretty sure one of Boeser or Horvat will be moved if this team needs to be better by Christmas.

Finding or waiting for the right trade partner is a timeline of its own.

hope we come out of the gate hot!

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I’d be surprised if Bo is signed before Christmas,  if he has..   then someone else has been moved deemed expendable,   And that could well be Boeser IF Kuz and Mihky prove to be strong.

Pretty sure one of Boeser or Horvat will be moved if this team needs to be better by Christmas.

Not that a trade will happen, but I’m thinking 

Garland would be moved (if possible and return is similar) before Bess or Bo.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Not that a trade will happen, but I’m thinking 

Garland would be moved (if possible and return is similar) before Bess or Bo.  

Garland is a far better deal ,  perhaps used in a season upcoming,.  But I don’t think throne.

Like DeNiro stated a while back,. Garland draws e allies because of his hard work ethic.. those power plays have won games for us.

14 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Aside from Kuzmo, the money is actually there the following year with Ferland and bonus - dead cap coming off from buyouts with the rest of the team and Millers/Horvats next deals in at around 15...Basically we can afford the same team for two years as is ... Cap goes up one million again.   But do think Brock or Garland end up getting traded to improve our D (either cap to sign a free agent or used in the trade etc).    As for Bo management did say they hoped to have him signed before the start of the year.   It might already be done, they just waiting to announce to hide it from other teams etc. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2

If we’re gonna trade any forward it should not be done before the start of the season.

With this forward group theres a real opportunity to boost players stats and increase their value. 

Management also needs to not make a trade out of a position of weakness. Going into the season and showing that we can fit everything under the cap and win games gives Allvin and co leverage. Then teams don’t think we have to make a trade.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

18 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If we’re gonna trade any forward it should not be done before the start of the season.

With this forward group theres a real opportunity to boost players stats and increase their value. 

Management also needs to not make a trade out of a position of weakness. Going into the season and showing that we can fit everything under the cap and win games gives Allvin and co leverage. Then teams don’t think we have to make a trade.

I read that poolman and hoglander were at the practise if that was true we can’t start the season without trades. 

Could try waiving Dickenson and Poolman but I doubt anyone touch’s either in a trade they’d be the dumps so 
Garland makes the most sense he’s a good player who has value  and would love to keep him but he will most likely he will be  the cost of 8 years of stupid- garland and one of  Dickenson (pearson Poolman) for a minimal return  unfortunately is how I see it playing out. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, combover said:

I read that poolman and hoglander were at the practise if that was true we can’t start the season without trades. 

Could try waiving Dickenson and Poolman but I doubt anyone touch’s either in a trade they’d be the dumps so 
Garland makes the most sense he’s a good player who has value  and would love to keep him but he will most likely he will be  the cost of 8 years of stupid- garland and one of  Dickenson (pearson Poolman) for a minimal return  unfortunately is how I see it playing out. 

They can fit everything under the cap by pencilling down Kuzmenko, Hoglander, Podkolzin, and Rathbone and then maximizing Ferland’s LTIR.

No trades need to be made.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

They can fit everything under the cap by pencilling Kuzmenko, Hoglander, Podkolzin, and Rathbone and then maximizing Ferland’s LTIR.

It's more like we should trade from our strength to address our weakness rather than a need to because of cap circumstances imo.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

It's more like we should trade from our strength to address our weakness rather than a need to because of cap circumstances imo.

We should if there’s a deal to be made.

Forcing one doesn’t do much to help us and fails to maximize assets.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They can fit everything under the cap by pencilling down Kuzmenko, Hoglander, Podkolzin, and Rathbone and then maximizing Ferland’s LTIR.

I’m not sure I follow what do you mean by penciling down? 
Like pencil them in the farm and not play them? 

1 minute ago, combover said:

I’m not sure I follow what do you mean by penciling down? 
Like pencil them in the farm and not play them? 

Pencil them to the farm opening day, start with a 19 man roster, put Ferland on LTIR, then recall them.

Teams do it at the start of every season.

17 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Completely agreed. It seems like that's our new management's MO; patience. I do have issues with playing someone like Hogz, Pearson, Kuzmenko, or Mikheyev on the 4th line. As of right now our forward depth is too good (boy does that feel good to say). I trust our management though, they seem like they know what they're doing!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Pencil them to the farm opening day, start with a 19 man roster, put Ferland on LTIR, then recall them.

Teams do it at the start of every season.

Unfortunatly I don’t see it making much difference if it’s now or in three four weeks every gm know what a mess  JB left here and how cap f’d we are and will continue to  be. 
the cost to free up cap will most likely be garland  

Didn’t the flames try running like that few years ago and the couldn’t ice a full team some nights….
That’s not a position of strength it exposes just how bad the team was  run and could put us in a worse position. 

But when it comes to understanding the cap and managing it im just like Jim Benning  And at total loss so…